Sign in to follow this  
Nefertiti

A qualititative debate on Beauty vs Brains

Blessed   

Originally posted by Sophist:

I will go for the phsicality thing as intelligence is chimera.
smile.gif

lol. Why do I get the feeling the your BS'ing with the nomads. Excuse my cockney!

I think, Shaqsi summed it up for me. But I have to admit, I am a sucker for good looks and would turn some1 down on the basis of bad looks. I suppose, I can get my mental stimulation else where. Maybe that why they'v invented books and bedside lamps :D

In saying so, I think personaly is what keeps ppl together.

Macalin   

Qaxooti-Is this An experiment for a psych class? so many cognitive this and that!

Looks>> They Last a lil over a yr!

Brains> U can damage it anytime!(delicate Yacni!)

So-I dont know what i want...koley i take the Beauty.... :D

Lakkad

Qaxooti-Is this An experiment for a psych class? so many cognitive this and that!

Well...I have a degree in psychology and sometimes the degree runs away with me... :D:D ...but to answer your question...its a Debate ;):D

~QoxootiMammi~

Faheema.   

Most definitely I would say Beauty. However, beauty for me must be the visible package called DHL, when I say this I mean, the way he Dresses his Hygiene and Looks.

After all you got to be attracted to him in order to assess his Intellectuality.

Mildly put.

hey people

the discussion is going well, but in the end no matter what an individual commits, it is the state of the mind and heart that does the calculations of acting. so in a sense we could say the prefferences watsoever, but there is something called fate, and the theory of the brain, as for all this the so called'beauty'what is beauty? it is in the eye of the viewer, society, and so uuntil a person understands who they are interms of what they are and how they personally deifne this word which is wrongly used 99% then u can claim beauty!

Qaxoti mammi...bravo fo bringin tha 'obviuos' topic on...lol..i knew u gonna come up wid some like that...

ansar keyga waxa weyaan... i dont know why y'all kidding yourselves bout tha brain outweighing tha beauty....

In an ideal world we wud luv brains...but c'mon aint no way ima b wid mr farax a.k.a ilka dheer, wid some fashion issues..(fashion challenged, ilko dheer challenged, ugly challenged)he cud b smart and stimulate me mentally but wat about ma physical needs??? lol.. coz i aint gonna b jumping all over him when i see his face..bisinka...i be pickin ma number '10 dacas and flee like a qoxoti :D not mentioning me being turned off like a 'bulb xuun' :D which will then kill the relationship. then i will b looking and looking till i find someone that has both and inshallah net him in ma web of 'chaceyl'... smile.gif

lol   

To me, they are not part of a puzzle but each is the ingredient to the cake, mixed together they make perfect dessert. But then the individual decides beauty, and yes I do strongly believe the phrase, " Beauty is in the eyes of beholder". Well for one my friends and I can never agree on what is beautiful, so having said that I think definition of beauty varies from person to person. And for one to get to the brains of the person they have to first like what they see.

To get to tha brains, don't u have to be attracted to the beauty first? ..just a question..

I totally agree with Afrikan to some point. I mean if the relationship was formed through the world of cyber than its a completely different ball game. In that case what attracts you to the person is their brains not their beauty, coz you haven't seen them yet. So the possibility that you would get with them regardless of their looks is high in the net, but in real life I think what first comes is the beauty than the brains. But the the question remains what is considered beauty??

x_quizit   

I personally would go for the package, certain amount of looks to attract me to the person in the first place and then a whole lotta personality to keep me with them, especially sense of humour....nothing better than a funny, witty, sarcastic man, the male version of me.

Also, one should date those on their level, meaning, if a gal/guy is less than pleasant to look at, or do not have a personality to speak of, then they belong together....there's no sense in dating a donkey if ur a fairly intelligent person...but life has it ways of intruding on what one plans for their life....u just might end up with what u said u never be with....ie-a player might marry a xawa, and a pretty girl might get saddled with a farax...wait, the last example happens too often these days...

Mujahida   

I think neither Brains nor Beauty are important to me. You can have both and still lack a good HEART. I'd take anyone with a GOOD heart that connects with my HEART Regardless of their looks. smile.gif

You see we won't be in this beautiful young skin 4ever. It'll fade in time. In time our REAL soul will come out. Thats who we want to be respected for right? So, why not be smart, and get someone with a good SOUL. The only thing that will stick with me is someones HEART not their looks nor their brains. You better realize that now because i guarantee you in time you'll! ;)

Peace&Love

If i have the choice ill go for brains. Brains come first especially as we live in an age where beauty can be bought for a price-have a nick or two removed or have something added,that is if u have the cash to spare.Its not that im against beauty but its merely a topping of the cake. As other factors like honesty, friendship, trust, personality matter more and are related to the persons intellectual level. The person can be attractive but not necessarily beautiful.

Hibaad   

To be truly honest it wld better if I cld say I wld go for brains rather than beauty, but as humans we see with our eyes first. When u first see someone what attracts u to them is their looks only after u got to know them u can decide.

Beauty+brains=perfect thou.

YOU KNOW WHAT ......EVERYBODY CAN SEE WHEN A PERSON IS BEUTIFUL. BUT TO SOME EXTENT BEUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. SOME PEOPLE MIGHT FIND BEUTY FROM A PERSON WHO IS ALL PACKED( OKAY LOOKING, GREAT PERSONLITY). SO I WOULD SAY...IT'S LIKE SONGS.....SOME SONGS WIN AWARDS BECAUSE THEY ARE GREAT ALLOT OF PEOPLE LOVE THE SONG.......WHILE SOME WON'T LIKE IT BECUSE IT DOESN'T APPEAL TO THEM OR THEY DON'T CONNECT WITH. BEUITY IS THE SAME WAY...THERE ARE TO BE CONECTION THAT BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO THAT PERSONS BEUTY.

IF I YA DON'T UNDERSTAND ME SORRY..THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN MAKE MYSELF UNDERSTAND IT...PHILOS...SPEAKING..AND THINKING DEEPER..LOL.! ;)

MD   

Beauty vs Brains

I would say go BRAINS, We all know Physical beauty is just an illusion, Every physical beauty will exhaust someday, even as we speak .But the real beauty is something immortal, it is related to behavior - I mean it is related to what kind of person you are and of course let's not forget ur (brain icon_razz.gif )

Think for a moment here.."your beautiful but not sharp"....eeew lol

^^liibaro your neither beautiful nor brainy, so what makes you find this topic funny maan....

back to this interesting topic.

Jessica simpson, britney spears and all the miss world/universe's...are beautiful young women with NO brains, and look what they have accomplished in the world we live in..Careers,Fame,Funds, and plus all the FREE stuff that goes with it...So beauty is must people and if by chance you get brains with it, say alxamdu lillaah it's icing on a cake for you...

asxantu