Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Book Group: Which books?

Originally posted by Bee:

quote:Originally posted by Mutakallim:

Jane Austin- Pride and Prejudice-- Woe to he has deprived his mind of a literary feast.

You have no idea how many times I have read each and every one of Jane Austin's magnificent books. Incidently P&P has remained my favourite since my English tutor recommended it to me at the age of 11. Gosh, how I loved Mrs Njoroge! *
Becoming submerged in nostalgic memories
:(
You read it at age 11? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You made me feel stubid BARWAAQO :mad: (considering that Im in my late thirties!)

I finally got the book last week and tried to see what everyone was raving about. However, try as I might, I couldnt read past the first 3 chapters. I really found it hard to read..both the style and language was very dificult to understand. Id get confused or my mind would wander...couldnt concentrate.

It reminded me of Shakespeare...maybe I'm not cut out for classics just yet...or...maybe it was an old edition...I dont know....anyway...I returned it promptly :D

Woe to he has deprived his mind of a literary feast.

I had a nibble and It wasnt to my taste. Next dish please....

Speaking of Jane...Im presently reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

<----Now this one I can understand and actually enjoy. icon_razz.gif

FF, but u must persist- you're missing so much. Get that book back from the library this instance!

Alright, so it wasn't to your taste.

I read both P&P and Jane Eyre the summer I turned 15. Sigh. What a summer it was. Books had my attention, boys stood no chance. Some things don't change. icon_razz.gif

Bess.   

i love all those all classics, jane austin, charlotte bronte and emily bronte.....but my favourite is wuthering heights by emily bronte.....heathcliff was my first crush at 10 yrs old when i first found him.....still swoon over him... :D:D

Sophist   

An streak of lightweightedness runs through this thread! charmingly simple one might utter before breaking into a laughter that is induced only by seeing some horridly whimsical creature! alas tears march down my cheeks!! all of course as result of inverted joy!!!!!