baala xoofto

Bosaso Port Development *botched deal*?

For me, the take away from this is that, DP World could have got Bosaso Port on the cheap, even cheaper than P&O Port deal. 

As the PL minister said, they could not afford to break the deal with P&O Ports so they begged DP World for a way out. 

Arabs are merciless if they see you as desperate. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one-way deal - if you can even call that. I am sure, the DP World has all the hands including termination clauses that are just too open. 

The flickering light sums up PL competency, how long it takes to replace a faulty lamp in parliament!

Waa meel Deni diirtay! This is nothing but a show, ceeb astur,   and they are all on it, including the speaker.  Ceebtii Mogadishu,  baa la asturi

So many questions,  and no proper answers 

Bosaso Port now only gets 150m additional quay. And meagre 1 acre container yard or 60m x 50m.

P&O Port contract included 450m and much bigger container yard. 

No mention about how long the contract is and what the ownership looks like. In my opinion, I am not going to be surprised if DP World own 100% and the contracted term is 50 years. 

This is complete sell out. 

The 12-month project, which is expected to start in early 2023, will include the development of a 150-metre quay, as well as repairs to the current 215-metre quay. Other infrastructure will include the development of a new 3000 square metre container yard, and a 4000 square metre container stripping yard. The gate area to the port will also be upgraded to improve access control.**

https://www.dpworld.com/news/releases/dp-world-and-puntland-government-sign-construction-agreement-to-upgrade-port-of-bosaso/