Sign in to follow this  
lovely me

QABIIL / Reality

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

IAm just wondering what would it take for us to be equal as nation. When you look at things such as qabiil, you ask yourself why do we need qabiil if it is destroying our society and country.

Siduu ilaahay yiri "qabiil waxaan iniigu samaynay in aad isku kala garatiin", and we are actually using qabiil the oppisite way.

Major areas that we as somalians are having difficulties is education. When people are not educated they say what ever they think is right without any facts to backup. We need to stop lying to ourself and look at the reality. People in the first/second countries need to realise that if we don't do anyhting for ourselves, then how are we gonna do something positive for our country. We need to wake up, work hard, see the reality in order to satisfy our needs and develop better environment for our next generation.

Look at the jews in America, the indians in UK, they all've seen the hard life and they worked hard for it to be where they are. Why can't we do something like that.

Don't think it is impossible because it isn't.

We need to love each other and forget qabiil and cuqdad. If you don't understand that person then deal with it, if you don't then look for someone you do understand. It is no point to say I'm not working with this person because he/she is this qabiil. We nned to stick together, then it won't be easy for anyone to divide us.

I hope I made some commencence and if there is anyhting wrong that I have said then I persoanaly apoligise.

Love / Peace smile.gif

SALAAM

TASHA   

true sis i really don't....... the only thing i know is laah say in the qur'aan..

Allah dedi ki: "İki ilah edinmeyin: O, ancak tek bir ilahtır. Öyleyse benden, yalnızca benden korkun." Göklerde ve yerde ne varsa O'nundur, itaat-kulluk da (din de) sürekli olarak O'nundur. Böyleyken Allah'tan başkasından mı korkup-sakınıyorsunuz? (Nahl Suresi,

Lovely- i'm glad you are aware of it and encourging other nomads. Without a doubt, qabil has become our worst enemy. It was meant for sign of identity but nowadays it excelled into somethin of the opposite as you said. Its said walaahi, i dont want to unethustical but getting all these nomads and takin qabil's out the equation will be extremely be difficult but still manageable..so then the question becomes' how long will we as somalian take to overcome this tragic which has stolen our loved onces, our country and most of all our relationships (close-ness) as somalians. We've seen the downs in great depth, just hope we all can surpass this in yrs to come. Qabil-hatren exist everywhere,, i even saw some people (not mentioning names but you know you are) stating somethin along the lines of such and such is from my qabil therefore their intellectual. Its redicious walaahi, get self's our of the guther before you dig too deep. But until then and in btw times...try and educate one another, help excel yaself and encourge and represent where your from. Keep it real like i know you all will.

AYOUB   

i know qabil talk is very uncool these days, especially in this forum but i think qabil could be used positively. what i mean for example is members of a certain qabil getting together and collecting money to dig a well in their village or a qabil getting together to stop one of their member doing bad deeds is a positive thing.

if anyone wants to spread something good, start with yourself, then your family , then your qabil and then you take it further from there.

it's about time the good people start using qabil to do good and not leave qabil to trouble makers and war mongers. i know we suffer from bad qabialad but i think it's an over reaction that people are not allowed to mention qabil names in this forum. if a person says something derogatory then it's ok for it to edited or deleted if not leave it, qabil is a fact of life.

i'll like to end this post by wishing all qabaail well and mine just a bit better! :D

This theme of "qabiil is what destroyed our country," that's been circulating around lately is really pathetic. The Somali Republic as we knew it was NOT destroyed by qabiil or qabiils. It was destroyed by ignorance. Period!

Like the brother above has stated, qabiil can be used positively in any number of ways. Qabiil has been around and will continue to be forever. We just gotta use it wisely instead of using it in a hurtful or negative way.

Either way, I truly disagree with this notion that qabiil destroyed Somalia. Somalia was destroyed by bad leadership and pure ignorance on the part of the population.

Peace...

Caveman   

@AYOUB

You said Qabil could be used “Positively”

And you presented these two examples

1- Digging well for a village

2- And stopping bad deeds through the good of Clanism.

Those examples u listed and countess other tasks can be accomplished by creating rule of Law or better yet following the teachings of Islam. Personally, I have yet to see a single good thing that came out in the name of “Qabiil”.

But doing good deeds using Clan affiliation is nothing more then a throwback to medieval times as we have seen so far. Seems like same of us still see the world only through the thin hierarchy that their “Qabiil” provides. All the lessons we needs is to learn how “Qabiil” was used in the History of Somalia, victimizing, raping and torturing entire communities not because they committed a sin, but our society has imparked path of divisive and destructive Clan kingship bases to judge who is good and who is evil.

Seems like we have long way to go since decade and so of anarchy we still associate more with clan than country. Same of us even associate with Clan more than we do on religion. As the girl above thread has said, we need to educate each other, in order for us to alleviate ourselves from this dark age we are in.

As of today armed warlords rule by brute force, they don’t even use bogus credentials of Doctors and scientists to manipulate the mass, but they use same thing as primitive as “Qabiil”, the rest of Somalis let them, yes we let them. Other wise, they wouldn’t be able to deceive an entire Nation this long. Obviously large group of us agree with their uncontested views of how a society should be govern.

You said “I wish all the Qabaail well and mine just a bit better”…..I hope u where joking.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Afrikan.Theory:

This theme of "qabiil is what destroyed our country," that's been circulating around lately is really pathetic. The Somali Republic as we knew it was NOT destroyed by qabiil or qabiils. It was destroyed by ignorance. Period!

Like the brother above has stated, qabiil can be used positively in any number of ways. Qabiil has been around and will continue to be forever. We just gotta use it wisely instead of using it in a hurtful or negative way.

Either way, I truly disagree with this notion that qabiil destroyed Somalia. Somalia was destroyed by bad leadership and pure ignorance on the part of the population.

Peace...

Well said. Theory, I just love your way of thinking.

Qabiil is merely a scapegoate. People use it as a weapon to gain loyalty in order to meet their own interests. The shacab are just too ignorant to see it. Look at Nigeria, they have a million tribes, 300 languages and several religions but they are intact .. not perfect but in tact.

Lefty   

Only such a tribalist whose veins run deeply by the clan bloods can come up the notion of Somali tribes being a scapegoat. Qabiil has existed since the hayday of its creation and there's no possible way of ignoring or even denying its past effective in Somali history. Wherever Somalis interact with each other wether it's a political Arena or Weddings, one way or another the name of tribes would be brought up and its influence usually settle most disputes in most of cases. Furthermore, it will continue to exist until people somehow revolutionalize their believes toward Qabiil's real concept.

As far as the history of Somali tribes concerned, the truth is each of their own origin names were invented and created during twelve and thirteen centuries for very necessary purposes although higher number of their real lineage ancestors were existed before that time. This isn't a relegation but an understanding the real backbone why they were created. e.g. protection, integration, and trusting one another since people were mostly nomads with lot things in common in terms of features, culture, language, religion, region, and etc.

That was then and things are different now. The current generation doesn't need its service anymore because of the different lifestyle. Everyone is after his/her personal gains and they shouldn't bother old piece of gossip.

By the way, to those of you who're mimicking about the positive way of using Qabiil..don't kid to yourselves. There's only one simple way of using it wether you like it or not. That way sometimes fruits good result and other times bad result. The only good person is the one who is honest with him/herself and others, and uses it completely for better or worse.

---------

Lefty   

lol..This isn't an academic writing!..Do you have Anything else to say ?

BTW.....thnks for the tip

Blessed   

Only such a tribalist whose veins run deeply by the clan bloods can come up the notion of Somali tribes being a scapegoat.

I am wondering how you came to such a conclusion?

Furthermore, it will continue to exist until people somehow revolutionalize their believes toward Qabiil's real concept.

Most definately!

That was then and things are different now. The current generation doesn't need its service anymore because of the different lifestyle. Everyone is after his/her personal gains and they shouldn't bother old piece of gossip.

So basically, what you are saying Lefty is that Somalis can now do without the qabiil system. I understand that to mean that the conflict in Somalia now isn't about the differences in tribes but a power struggle.. that uses qabiil as a tool .. is that what your saying lefty?

If it is, then yoyr more or less in agreement with my saying that qabiil is a scapegoat . Contradictory that :rolleyes:

You should also refrain from jumpping to conclusions, there is no need to get personal about this. Another tip :D

:D

Mowgli   

Salaams

Whether we like it not, qabiil will always remain part of who we are Allah (swt) said in the Holy Quran to use qabiil "so that you may know each other". However, the way Somalis using it, killing a particular person because of what Allah swt made them is completely wrong.

I completely agree with Afrikan Theory and Ameenah "This theme of "qabiil is what destroyed our country," that's been circulating around lately is really pathetic. The Somali Republic as we knew it was NOT destroyed by qabiil or qabiils. It was destroyed by ignorance." Many people claiming that they were done wrong by the "xamariis" during the Barre regime, but what many fail to remember is that Barre was Darood and that before he attacked Hargeysa he killed his own people (other daroods- the ********* ) because they attempted a counter revolution.

The problem with Souther Somalia now is that it is the ****** that are killing each other (sub clans, the Habar gidir and Abgaal i think). They from the same qabiil, yet they are killing each other till this very day.

And as Ayoub said, qabiil could be used to do good...

Ma'salaamah

AYOUB   

caveman you are right that was a joke, infact the whole piece was not serious at all. We all know qabiil meeting are not about digging wells and i never suggested to replace Islam with qabiil.

Abdinuur   

Afghanistan was very worse back in the days than Somalia. A group of students (TALIBANS) got together and got organized. They killed most of the warlords and upper clansmen. They completely disarmed anyone who carried a gun b/c everyone had his own gun in those days, even the youngers.

They completely took over the country after disarming these people. Now, disarming wasn't that easy...they had to kill a lot of people in order to accomplish what they had to do.

After they achieved at disarming these chaos people, the whole country was in order and civilized. They rebuild the Islamic state of that country like it should be in the first place. They destroyed most of the Christian-like that existed in their country.

Consequently, the U.S. interfered and destroyed what used to be a civilized Islamic state. You know what happened...the Post-9-11 and all of that shitty shyt that took place.

My point: This Qabiil shyt aint going nowhere but perhaps we can get organize and solve this problem like the Talibans...the million question is: who's gonna volunteer?...This silence aint going nowhere and Somalia will perhaps remain as it is or it'll much worse.

P.S.

I aint into politics or anything in that nature..I believe politics corrupts people...look at the U.S...they can't agree on one thing.

Anyways...just thought I would express myself a little...this really saddens me...people who call themselves Muslims but at the same time act like they're barbaric and chaos people...who don't value life! May Allah guide us all and re-unite all of our us Muslims.

MD   

Salaam Good Topic Lovely me smile.gif

I Am just wondering what would it take for us to be equal as nation. When you look at things such as qabiil, you ask yourself why do we need qabiil if it is destroying our society and country.

That's what makes me wonder sometimes..why do we need qabiil, qabiil can never be used postively..It's something we should forget about and erase it from our MINDS Let us free ourself from qabiil "liberate yourself from it " ;)