Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

A new Era has dawned on TV Media Wars.

Everyday the events taking place unfold on TV and the rest of the media gets more fascnating. Whoever invented the Satelight and the internet must have been a genius. The propaganda war has intensified and this is one war that wants to use the media to overthrow a whole government but then again suddenly the same media has been used by others by showing blow by blow of events happening real time.

One immediate example is the rapid dissemination on the Internet of the complete Iraqi-TV POW tape from yesterday, which mainstream U.S. media refused to broadcast in its entirety (or at all) after DoD's Rumsfeld "suggested" that it shouldn't be shown. Despite his desire to keep these (disturbing, to be sure) images and sounds from the public, they were within hours (minutes?) openly available via a wide variety of sources on the Net, including Arabic channel Web sites, other foreign media outlet Web sites, file sharing sites, and so on.

It is true that most people still apparently get the bulk of their news from conventional TV. But the vastly increasing reach of the Net via broadband access facilities -- making direct distribution of reasonable quality audio and video practical -- is now having significant effects on the overall fabric of news dissemination and control.

Al jazeera has again shown that BBC, CNN and others are no longer playing fair in disseminating information in the manner in which brought them to prominance. They have suddenly become political tools rather than what they used to be which was providing accurate and truthful news.

Its goood that they are getting exposed to what they (BBC) have become i.e. nothing more but a poltical tool that simple regurgitates what various governmental spokes persons say.

War is War and the sooner the people become familar with the harrowing images of dismembered bodies of children and woman and men alike that are supposed to be liberated then it wouldnt be so easy to pass off this disgraceful notion of Humanitarian war which in itself surely is a contradictory statement

Incidentally Shujui the Americans forgot that in awar there would be alot of deaths and heart ache. Most of them thought it would be like playing XBOX. Press afew buttons n boom they achieve all their goals. Suddenly its about death and horrific scenes of carnage.

Originally posted by Shaqsii:

Most of them thought it would be like playing XBOX. Press afew buttons n boom they achieve all their goals. Suddenly its about death and horrific scenes of carnage.

Yea, specially when they have all these computer animated 3D pictures showing enemy and friendly positions over the Iraqi map. I think thats one of the reasons why the sec of defense Rumsfeld didnt' want CNN, and the other news org showing the capture, and the dead corps of American military.

I really dont get what is driving this war. The inspiration seems to be Oil, building contracts and ofcouse ofcouse the end goal being strategically controlling the major oil fields. I dont see how the bombing helps a people who are supposed to be liberated.

It beats me to see someone saying we want to get of a dictatorship and yet still use weapons to bomb a country thats functional into the last century. where are the Iraqis in this puzzle and what role do they play in all this?

It seems to me that the Iraqis are all willing to die for the "regime" rather than get rid of it.

Oblivion   

Boycot CNN, BBC, FOX...I did that long ago.God, how i hate O'reily!

EuroNews is by far better and more balanced in its reporting.And there's always the WEB.

N.O.R.F   

They are losing the propaganda war and they dont like it, they want ppl to be hidden from the truth, just like the western media is designed to do so. One of the main objective of the Zionist entity is to control the media and hide the truth, but not on this one, no way.

One of these british sergaent/spokesperson types had a go at Al-Jazeera for showing what he called "bad taste and indecency" in showing dead and captured troops. Check out Al-Jazeera's response below!WAR OF WORDS WITH AL JAZEERA Mar 28 2003

From Bob Roberts At Us Central Command, Qatar

A FURIOUS Al Jazeera reporter lashed out yesterday at America's "dirty war" after the station was criticised for showing pictures of dead British soldiers.

In a live TV clash Jawad Omari told the commander of British forces, Air Marshal Brian Burridge, they would not be stopped from showing the realities of war.

As pictures of the press conference at Central Command in Qatar were flashed around the world, he said: "Britain and America said this war would be a clean war. We will inform our audience even if it is dirty.

"We in Al Jazeera are not part of the coalition. We are not part of the Iraqi regime. We are independent media."

The outburst came when the commander publicly rebuked Al Jazeera for showing the corpses of two British soldiers lying in the sand.

After the outburst, Air Marshal Burridge said: "I know Al Jazeera management want to produce a station of which they can be proud.

"They want to produce a station which produces balanced reporting. That report was not balanced. No one should take any pride in it - take it from me."

Air Marshal Burridge said the Iraqis had "flagrantly" breached the Geneva Convention and said the decision to broadcast the pictures was "deplorable".

He added: "Any media outlet must be aware of the limits of taste and decency and be wary they do not inadvertently become tools of the Iraqi regime."

Afterwards an Al Jazeera spokesman said Mr Omara had not been speaking for the station. He said: "This was not an authorised statement. He was speaking for himself.

"If Al Jazeera has anything to say we will hold a press conference and say it."

There was outrage at the British forces' headquarters after the pictures of the two dead soldiers were shown.

It is thought the two men, who so far have not been identified, were known to many of the British staff at Central Command.

Al Jazeera have been criticised across the world for showing pictures of the bodies of dead coalition soldiers.

The have also shown a series of pictures of captured prisoners of war looking beaten and terrified.

The Arabic language station was set up with the help of Qatar government.

It insists it is an independent Arabic news channel and not a supporter of any government or group in the Middle East.

Gabbal   

Personally I believe Al jazeera is doing a good job, it is an independent news organization and is upholding to the golden rule of journalism, which is always have accurate and balanced news. Show both sides of the war.

I don't know if it's true, but Al Jazeera's stocks have been thrown out of Wall Street, did you guys hear anything about that?

Nothing is more scary than having people who can control most major institutions of the world. Im sure Al-Jazzeera being thrown out of the stock exchange has something to do with the Zionist reach.