Sign in to follow this  
SURAMBAYA

Hijab and tight jeans

Ok now, why would anyone stick their booty out but have the audacity to cover their hair in respect for their religion? Or is it just a bad hair day?....every day?

They do it because in realness, they don't want to wear Hijab, its their parents talking, and they figure if they meet them half way, its a win win situation for all parties involved.

This is another case of thy fear community pressure.

I see this bs all the time, girl doesn't want to cover up, but is forced to, in this case, pressure mostly comes from the household, and parents are following what dear caasho from across the street and seynab and all are doing with their daughters, or else you become an outsider, if you don't act, behave as others.

How does this serve AllaH? Why worry about what thy neighbour would say about your daughter, when you ought to be fearing allah and judgement day?

When did people stop worrying about themselves, and started to worry about others reaction?

NGONGE   

^^^ Could it not be just a bad hair day, my dear?

Could it not be that, for some, this is the version of the hijab they know?

Could it not be that they, follow what the popular trend is with no pressure from parents?

I could go on and on with a dozen other reasons for this choice and not many would have anything to do with your dubious assumption above. :D

^^^Unlike you, I have taken the time to approach these girls I speak off and asked why they behave the way they do. I have asked them why they wear the Hijab when the rest of their wardrobe isn't that appropriate(even I wouldn't be dead caught wearing what they have a nerve to wear), and the reply is always the same, hooyo doesn't want me going outside with my hair like that. Hooyo hooyo hooyo...and hooyo.

I have asked not but one female, and it always goes back to someone telling them what to do.

Sweetie, not so "dubious assumption" after all, huh?

I'm not taking anything away from the few God fearing females out there who wear their Hijab with dignity.

I'm just wondering how many of us out there fear allah. Personally, I fear no human being, never did, never will.

...and sweetie, next time, don't come at me with "coulda, woulda, or ifs", but I understand that its not u, its the air in you talking most of the time.

Som@li   

^^And some do it out of ignorance, you will see old woman who fear nobody doing this, Many people dont even know what is Hijab!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

^^^Unlike you, I have taken the time to approach these girls I speak off and asked why they behave the way they do. I have asked them why they wear the Hijab when the rest of their wardrobe isn't that appropriate(even I wouldn't be dead caught wearing what they have a nerve to wear), and the reply is always the same, hooyo doesn't want me going outside with my hair like that. Hooyo hooyo hooyo...and hooyo.

I have asked not but one female, and it always goes back to someone telling them what to do.

Sweetie, not so "dubious assumption" after all, huh?

I'm not taking anything away from the few God fearing females out there who wear their Hijab with dignity.

I'm just wondering how many of us out there fear allah. Personally, I fear no human being, never did, never will.

...and sweetie, next time, don't come at me with "coulda, woulda, or ifs", but I understand that its not u, its the air in you talking most of the time.

Muaaaaaaaaah :D

For someone that claims to be Lazy you’re pretty meddlesome, aren’t you dear?

Still, I’m satisfied now you’ve clarified your dubious assumptions. Carry on..

J.Lee   

Ina adeer, you'd do well to concentrate on yourself rather than question the reason why these girls are attired this way.

It's between them and their maker; you aren't even in the equation sweetheart.

I know I'm not really one to talk, but the funniest thing I ever saw was over the summer. This Somali girl was wearing, get this, a knee-length skirt + sleeveless lowcut top (I'm talking looowcut, revealing at least 40% of the merchandise) + hijab (not the Somali bandana, but the proper one that covers your hair+neck).

She was with a bunch of other Somali girls, both hijabis and non-hijabis and it did seem like they were going to a party, but still, it was really funny.

It couldn't have been that she felt pressured into wearing the headscarf, because what kind of parent would insist on the scarf but allow a short skirt.

Maybe she was still holding onto the scarf as a symbol, that despite her western attire, she still wanted to be identified as a muslim?

Or maybe she was about to stuff it inside her bag along with her long skirt and jumper.

I don't know, I had never seen anyone dress like that before. Does this happen much with Somalis in other parts of the world?

Pujah   

Back in High school alot of my friends used to wear the hijab from home and stuff it in the book bag en route to school. Xu could it be that you saw her before she finished removing all hijab related garments?

Jimco, this was never about me, so why would you say I'm not in the equation as if I didn't know?

Is this one of those times when you run out of things to say, so you just opt for the first thing that comes out of you? Ngonge syndrome a.k.a dabeel talk.

Let me tell you, plain and simple. LayZie isn't one to sit around when she doesn't understand why people behave a certain way. I want to get to the bottom of my curiosity, so I opt to ask questions, and most times I get honest answers, maybe you ought to try sweetie, let out some steam.

Adna   

salaam...

I Wonder if .. Could it judt be they are trying to fit in in america/european style? also don't want to leave thier Hijabb all together?? I can't helpp but keep Wondering?.... love

J.Lee   

Layzie; maandhay, that comment wasn't meant for you but the author of the thread.

With that being writen, ina adeer...leerka jeeedhi baan ku idhi.

fartun   

well it all depends what you all call hijab, coz throughout now days there are plenty things that can be considered, specially when talking about fashion hijab, dont' get me wrong i dont' wear somali hijab, but one thing that i know that i wear is something called "shawl" its not big but is big enough to cover your hair. and jeans am sure every girl wears, because as long as you are covered you are get to go, no need to judge someone because they wear jeans, that is part of fashion and a sense of covering your self as long you are not naked on the streets..... now dont' get me wrong am not saying that you should wear jeans,, growing up in the USA it changed many of us, coz we no longer participate our religion based on what we learned prior to growing up.