Dalmar1

Somalia's SFG Spokesman confirms some of 5k youths sent secretly to Eritrea for training 2019-2020 by Farmaajo are DEAD.

galbeedi   

This is not news.

Last year here SOL, I even reported that due to harsh mountain training few of them died due to heat exhaustion or training related deaths. I even told that one guy from Hiiraan whose brother was their reporting these deaths.

Other than few mothers paid by Mahad Salaad to protest their where about, all the family members had contacts from time to time.

Besides, if you know military training death and injury happens especially the Eritrean highlands. Politicizing the issue is over, as Americans usually say, " just bring the boys home".

galbeedi   
2 hours ago, Arafaat said:

What number exactly died, aun. Are we talking of few, a dozen(s) or more then a hundred? 

Carafat is acting like a man living in a cave.

When I say people die in a training , I am talking about four or six people maximin in a force of over 5000. Also, they didn't mention another four dozen or so who escaped and went to  Sudan and joined Tahriib to Libya.

In fact, more USA troops die and injurer in training than combats in recent years. Most of American deaths relate to aviation, ships colliding and vehicle accidents.

I heard that these soldiers need probably 20 flights or more to bring them home and the government should pay for this and other logistical needs. No nation was willing to take that many number of soldiers to their country and train them as navy sailors, armillary , infantry, men, commandos and military intelligence in two years.

A nation fighting deadly insurgency badly needs these soldiers.

Yeah , I recently found a close family that had two in this group, and they are weekly, or fortnightly communication with them.

galbeedi   
17 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

And most of the kids teenagers sent there , family assumed they were going to Qatar.

Of course they assumed Qatar was the destination because these soldiers were recruited throughout the country secretly. In some cases elders were involved to make sure it was diverse. NISA had involved from those hired in Mogadishu to make sure they were not Al -shabaab related. 

Also, since Eritrea was under western and regional sanctions it was a discreet issue that was supposed to go without others noticing. Eritrea owes us for their freedom, and also they believe a strong Somalia in the horn would balance the empire of rags called Ethiopia who was always able to recruit a million poor men and intimidator  their neighbors.

Kenya and their collaborators inside and outside the country jumped on the case. Mahad Salaad paid a dozen fake mothers and some real ones and used the issue as a political football. Imagine if you got 10,000 Eritrea trained soldiers in just four years? that could go a long way. How many America trained since 2012? just a small battalion of 300 soldiers called Danab. And when Trump removed Americans from Somalia, the New York Times were lamenting " what will happen the best terrorist fighting force trained by America".

Now, there is unverified reports that president HSM has agreed for the evil UAE to get back their base i Mogadishu and train around 2000 soldiers who would be their mercenaries which Farmaajo and Khayre sent backing back in 2018.

We will wait about that news and if he moves ahead hell will break lose and HSM will be impeached by the public and eventually the parliament.

Will wait.