Sign in to follow this  
SafiaLuuL612

How do you feel about the discrimination against Madhibaan people

The Rock's Chick no question qabiil exists but don’t fool yourself into thinking that all Somalia’s care about it.

Haniif,

Dont be so naive bro, Somali people always Cared about qabiil, DO CARE about qabiil and WILL CARE about qabiil long after we are dead.

So dont fool yourself into thinking that they dont :rolleyes: learn to live with it, we all have in our own way.

nabaday

Miskin   

Thanks to all the brothers and sisters for their kind remarks, although I am strong willed it kind of helps to get encouraged by understanding young Somalis. It also shows how the inhumane attitude towards the midgans is gradually dying out. Brothers and sisters it is had to come to terms with the sort of behaviour that subjected to the midgans, even Somali sayings are full of remarks that disgrace the midgaans. If we are to flourish and prosper as a nation we will need to abolish these disgraceful manners and be more tolerant and accepting to each other.

Peace

miskin-macruf

Hibo   

Salaam!!!!

Well i would just like to tell you all before i start talking' i'm a Proude Midgaan and i say it!!!!

i don't care what people think! especially somlalis, You knoww hy sonmali is what it is Today Because of the injustice ,,, Man i don't know how to say it in somali, But 'm not insuperior to any Human being Especially Not a SOMALI yAHUU!!!

i'm not gong to sit here and tell how sad i'm... and blah blah blah.,

Because i'm not sad i'm a muslim maybe if iw asn't a muslim there would be something missing.. But i'm a God Fearing Gil and Alhamdulillah..

It is Nice to see how the myth is continually changing But HeY' thats Good For You not for me! and Pray for Your forefathers... Cozz they gonna need it when! This World ends....Oh1 i won't marry You because Your Bllod is not Pure

Com'On! M baby brother would think that was silly yet Grown up ppl sit here and actually talk that nonsense.. Why because thats the way you were raised and God have mercy On your Soul!

i hate what is happeneing to somalia But when i ehar what happened to my family back in somalia i start thinking the deseve it, But who am i kidding...?

No one deseves to Die Because of their Tribe and thats what is happeneing in somalia...

Not the Midgaan people... the so called Pure ppl.. that refused to eat because they were about to Starve Gee!

Doesn't it all make sense NOW...?

Insha'Allah with time it will change But,, will the wounds Heal?

this friend of mine told me about this site i'm actually NEW hee i just couldn't But hel Regesting and Replying... i Love My Country somalia is my country and i'm a somali... No matter what the somali people say,

and ama Stay Proude.. i have to be honest i havn't experienced any discriminaion Because i left somalia when iw as a infant.. and, i'm not in a age where people could discriminate me.. But when they do... i'm not doing anything, Becvause i got all my Life and i got all my LOVE...

LOL.....

But it's Kewl how you all condmn whats happeneing,,,,,, and Masha'Allah,

Keep o the Good work nomads,,,

Peace'&Muufo! lol ;)

Aishah   

SALAAM ALAKUM

I have a important question,

How can you tell betweenb two somali people?

i have difficulties undersanding that can someone answer me Cozz it's all Jumbo MumBo to me!

i have a friend and he claims to be the tribe i'm.,,, But His own friends Go behind his back,

they say his Midgaan But i don't care...

and My cousins always insult him saying if You hang out with him, people will think You are a Midgaan too..

i don't care... But i think my family will and i don't like to disappoint my family..

But midgaan i always thought was just another normal somali Qabiil!

i have fallen in love over the Yrs with him his COOL. down to Earth and his Mine!

he would do anything for me and i would ike to think i would do anything for him,

But i hate to see him hurt my my family,,, it's just not fair,

i think they should Think deep before making a choice i'm Not saying i'm nto marriage or anything But if our relaionship gets too deep. i'm Willng to make thet sacrifice to Proof the somalis they are WRONG i'm RIGHT and His my Brotha and My Lover whether they like it Or NOT!!!!!

Maskiin somalis talk shit!

Cioa

Pure-somali....Cool down bro, i don't think anyone here condones what happens in somalia. We all know it is racism.

To all people....i think each one of us has made his/her point. What goes in our society is very un-islamic and very racist. We can take forever point out the ills of somalis. I think this topic will be more useful if we talk about the ways we could reform our society and correct the wrongs of the past.There is no point repeating agian and agian how bad we somalis are?....Iam certian everyone is already well aware of that?...maybe we should move to the next level and exchange views on how we could tackle the problems of racism in Somalia.

Aishah.....If the man is muslim somali and you love him, you have every right to marry him regardless of what your family says. As somali male from a so called pure tribes, i don't hesistate a second to marry a beautiful somali sister who happens midgaan.As long as we click and respect each other, everything else is secondary.

hi everyone...

OO you people!"! surely We have created you of a male and a female, and made you tribes and families that you may know each other; surely the most honorable of you with Allah is the one among you most careful (of his duty); surely Allah is Knowing, Aware.

One question remained in my mind...who is madgaan? we oll somalia, share one religion,culture, one reach language.who are we calling madgaan? :confused: :confused: :confused:

hi guys I am srongly agaist the idea of dividing the somali into "midgaan and aji" but one thing i want to remid you guys is that this idea does not only exist in somalia but also many coutries around the e.g europe and asia,europe overcome this by developing what they call social justice,

Kool_Kat   

I hate ppl who discriminate against Madhibaan ppl...AKA "Midgaan...

But you know what I HATE MOST ppl of the Midgaan tribe who claim to be from other tribes...Ohhh, HOW MUCH I HATE when they do that...They tell you they are not ashamed of their tribe, yet they say they are from another tribe...UFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...Kuwaas lee saa u necebahay...

May be they have their own reasons for doing that...If they are ashamed of their own tribe, why should they get upset when others say something negative about the Midgaan tribe...

It's like how the black ppl don't like it when White ppl use the "N" word...Yet they refer to each other as nigers..."Yo nigga what up"...ufff... :mad: :mad: redface.gifredface.gif

Miskin   

Kool-Kat you may have a point there, but why didnt you ask your self "what is the motive behind it" i personally think there is fear of non acceptance, so in order not to be singled out they have to lie about thier identity.

Kool_Kat   

Miskin, I know they have their own reasons...If they are ashamed of their own tribe, I don't see why they always jump the gun when they hear others discriminate against them...They have to show that they are proud of who they are and where they come from, regardless...Once they show unity, then SLOWLY they might earn the respect they sought for so long...

Walaahay, I have nothing against them, I see them like I see any other Somali...But sometimes, they just do thingz that make me say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

TIIMBARO   

I agree with the last person. The people who are outraged by the social injustice are just reinforcing how other clans viewed them when they try to conceal their true identity. There's no shame in being “midgan” (if anyone has a better term for this please let me know), when someone explained to us last time as to why they were considered “inferiors” everyone in here was equally stunned, the reason whey they’re classified as socially “inferior” is to say the least, dim-witted and I think that consensus was unanimous. There’s no decisive way to defeat tribalism, but I think it can be channelled in a constructive way. For instance most Somalis are inclined to help extended family, which will eventually have a positive change, that’s if we find people with good intentions. This topic was beaten to death, let’s move on people.

Hibo   

first of all salaam to all my brother and sisters that been saying staff ab midgaan ppl

am proud to be midgaan..

and i don't hid my true color's

but all tha midgaan ppl are cuit and all,

and all i wanted to say is that the war in somalia happend because you were discreminating as ppl. we as midgaan population feel that we r apart of somaliance and why do you pull as away from the rest of u "are we not blood and flesh is it not that we r better looking?"... ppl is it not true soo why the hell r u ppl so "prejudice"

and am happy tht tha war in somalia happend cuz slavery 4 somali's tht think thy all tht no ovence and tht ...

u all tried us like animal's and not just all same as alaayay ppl

i don't hid tht am midgaan like som ppl

" ;) " tha blood is in u 4 ever..

icon_razz.gif ............ :D KEEP IT ALife all midgaan ppl don't hid proud..' :eek:

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I believe that Somalis as a whole, from Djbouti all the way down to NFD, need to address this issue at once. No Somali can hold thier head high, as long as these innocent Somalis are not given their rights. For me personally, this is my new war, along with recognizing the other war going on, the war of civilizations.

I cannot fathom, why it is alright to outcast various tribes, not only midgaan, tumaal, yibir and etc, all because of their birth name. It is non-Islamic, it is immoral, and it is down right disgusting.

P.S. What ever we do, and where ever we are, lets keep the innocent Muslim people dieying in our thoughts and prayers.

RaMpAgE   

salam...

First of all,its truely sading to hear about discrimnation of the minorites not just migdaan ppl.But the big question is : what can we/they do about this discrimnation?

well for a starter these minorites have to mix more with the wider somali communitty instead of siting back and taking this discrimination. they have to be involved in things such as politics( only way u get respect in somalia) , community activy and making wider somali community aware of who they are.A good example is www.midgaan.com.

another thing is too be proud of who u are. if reject who u are discrimnation will contunie.i think a good example for the somali minorites is the african americans and the word "nigger". as late as 25-30yrs ago african americans were discrimnated aganist most afriad to tell say their race and afraid to use the word "nigger". but today is a whole different story, i will let u figure out who that changed occure..and no its not just due to rap.

anways..salaam..wun luv. :cool: