Sign in to follow this  
SafiaLuuL612

How do you feel about the discrimination against Madhibaan people

THE OTHER DAY MY MOTHER AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT WHO I COULD BRING HOME AND WHO I COULDN'T. AND FOR SOME ODD REASON I SAID I WOULDN'T CARE THE MAN'S TRIBE THAT I MARRY AS LONG AS HE WASN'T MIDGAAN. I DON'T KNOW WHY I AUTOMATICALLY SHUT THEM OUT THEM OUT BUT I DID.

AND THEN MY MOTHER ASKED ME IF THE A MIDGAAN MAN THAT WAS A DOCTOR, THE FINEST MAN ON EARTH, WITH THE BEST PERSONALITY AND A HEART OF GOLD, WOULD YOU MARRY HIM IF HE WAS JUST SIMPLY PERFECT? I THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE, AND I STILL SAID HELL NO CUZ I COULDN'T SPIT OUT NO MIDGAAN CHILDREN.

WHAT DO YALL PEEPS THINK ABOUT THAT, AND WHY IN THE WORLD DO WE LOOK AT THESE PPL LIKE THIS??

SAFIA----------* icon_razz.gif

[ April 29, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

I THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE, AND I STILL SAID HELL NO CUZ I COULDN'T SPIT OUT NO MIDGAAN CHILDREN.

NO COMMENTS redface.gif :mad: :eek: :confused: :(

OG Moti   

so sad so sad .. it happen to me similar situation but i was the other side of the equation, i said to some of my family i would like to marry a girl i saw she was beautiful and nice and kind and just perfect girl but she was midgaan, they all jump around hell no you can not do that and one of them even told me he would kill me if i do it.. i told them to me nothing called midgaan, it is made up stupid thing, and i told them others non somalis see us the same who ever we are, only us see us differently so it is sad somali situation

my advice to somalis racism and tribalism is a desease and u all see where it took us.. we worth nothing now adays...

peace

BUT REALLY WHY DO PEEPZ HATE MIDGAAN PEOPLE 4,,WHA HAVE THEY DONE WRONG,,I ALWAYZ HEAR MY MOMZ SAY THAT SH'IT...BUT I NEVER ASKED HER,,,,

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE,,,ARE THEY PEOPLE OR ARE THEY SOMTING ELSE,,,HIT ME BACK Y'ALL 1

Haboon   

Slaamzzzzz

I wonder whether you would be able to distinguish a midgaan from a non-midgaan if u were to see a midgaan

I assume u would find it difficult to distinguish them(unless u got a 6th sense to detect midgaans)

I cant get to grips with the fact that we brand ppl due to something their ancestors did

It's about time we put asside our preconceived judgment of midgaans and come to our senses

Siman   

It is heartbreaking truth that our people treat some of its own people differrently without any concrete reason to do so. It is possible to undue this preception and I think it is our responsibilyas young folks to challenge this awful tradition not to reinforced it!

Nazra   

Would i marry a midgaan?, i must admit i'm anti-qabilista...and i found this tribe thing nothing but an identity.

But these minority clan is well hated and well discrimated aganist, by all tribes and walahi i wonder WHY?.

I must admit i use that word as bad way towards others like:"what a midgaan you are...rarara" so on and recently on the somalian station there was an issue on MIDGAAN'S and how we shouldn't discrminate them or use them as name calling(as i USE to). That really didn't change a thing UNTIL

I met a midgaan chick online. My god, we are best friends and actually she thought me alot about midgaan,bantu and all this other minor tribes and even introdced me a site called www.somalisix.com.

From this day, i must say i don't use midgaan as name calling nor follow what others do.

I asked my mother a silly question when i dicovered this ppl ages ago, i go" mum do midgaan ppl go to hell"

She laughed at me and had to explain to me why this ppl are discrimated.

OG_Moti...you should have married her, she'e not gonna breed any midgaan kids, isn't your tribe that get carried away?(what an a loss)

Personally, My family would KILL ME...but me if i fall IN LOVE them i let love direct me (i might be lost, for you know)

Ariadne   

Can we grow up please there is nothing more immature or narrowminded than thinking your better than anyone else for instance tribalism. And I thought we all saw the evils of tribalism back home with the eruption of the civil war, if a war and no central government can't change your outlook on tribalism and the futility of it then nothing can. Some people prefer to stay in the dark when there is a light switch in the room.

Ladiif   

I thought the administrators of this forum do not allow QABIIL talks in here and we should not be talking such as this sort of things period! Reer hebel oriented things, or you thought Midgaan/Madhibaan is not an existing qabiil? It seems some of us bought the idea and were so quick to answer this contemptuous thread. Midgaan is one of the Somali Qabiils like urs and mine, and if we wonna talk about qabiils, we should start with yours, mine, xaliimo’s and Faraah's too’ etc……. else hush it forks!!!…….fair?

Rahima   

Unfortunately tribalism is a disease suffered by our people, some people have just noticed it in the last decade or so while others have endured since Somalia was peaceful.

If we ever want change, then maybe we should start with small steps such as the elimination of degrading names such as Midgaan, it’s Madhibaan. Respect is the key fellow nomads.

Saanjo   

First of all let me make a little correction. The word MIDGAAN itself is an unappropriate and prejudice we are still in the wrong path as lond as we keep using it. These people are called MADHIBAN and they prefer to be called what they identify themselves and are happy with therefore it is WRONG to be called a name that is inhumane and degrading themselves. SO let us first correct our language and stop using that word FOREVER!

Second, I want to talk about the origins of this segregation and what was the reason behind it. We all know that majority of the Somalis have pastoral roots with the exception of some areas in the south and this word custom came these nomads. When you ask any elderly who firmly believes this form of aparthied and that he/she is higher than MADHIBAN will tell you that one of their forefathers ate a meat of dead animal and therefor all descendants have become MIDGAAN and unmarriable. Is that a good reason? NO-Way because we all know that many Somalis who hail from what is percieved as the biggest clans eat pork and dead meat as well as do all undesirables-do they become MIDGAAN? Their Answer is NO. So thetre is double Standard here which is needed to be addressed by the young generation since we are as brainwashed blindly as our elders and should begin to teach tolerance to the future genretions

The MADHIBAAN People

We certainly would agree that some of the most intelligent Somalis hail from this clan and a well know personalities who excelled thier fields academically whom I dont want to mention their names hailed from this clan.

Lastly I advice to you nomads to stop using the word itself and convey the message to any friend/member of your family and carry on your campaign from there

Wasalam

Lastly I advice to you nomads to stop using the word itself and convey the message to any friend/member of your family and carry on your campaign from there

Indeed i will. I would like to stress though that i never use such a term though IT IS JUST PLAINLY WROOOONG

La-y-La   

I do not, I reapet I do not discriminate.

I was raised in a a very good environment and believe me, it is ones upbringing that give some people these kinds of hatred.

Alxamdulilah, I am free of that cudur.

peace.

Istaahil   

safia,

somali ppl are the most arrogant ppl u could ever cum accross so an end to hatred for midgaans is very impossible. even if ppl say it from their mouths that they have nothing against midgaans thats hardly true coz in their hearts they too would never marry a midgaan.

and midgaan insults have become so familiar 2 use. iam sure everyone familiar with WAXYEEY MIGAANTA AH & WAXYOW MIDGAANKA AH. every somali uses it to express thier anger and that has become a way of describing a person.

hi my nomads,,its been a while

well, i dont see why pple clasify and discriminate one another. not to mention that pple will agree to marry a non muslim by birth who changed their faith later. what about the one who shared same religion,culture, history,etc

with you.

be the one who follows the teachings of allah (swt) and dont base your life to those who ignored the right path

thats my two cents

WIIL-WAAL//A TRUE NOMAD