Sign in to follow this  
Zaylici

There are no houses of thought, writting, no philosopher among the Somalis unknown

I think one of the reasons why Somalis haven’t been able to find any major archives in terms of our history and writings is that most of our history has been passed on from Father to Son (Oral). I also have this inkling that most of our ancient writers never published their works in Somali language but in Arabic as most of the Somalis were taught in Arabic (madrasa’s) that could have been introduced by the Arab traders as part of the spread of Islam. Another reason could have been because Somalis could have descended from Arabic backgrounds (Egyptian -Cushites). As result the most profound writers where not published in Somalia but in foreign lands Asia and the Arab world.

So the question I put to you guys is.

Is there a possibility that most of the Ancient Somali writings and major historical facts and Art where mainly hijacked by the traders who came to the horn of Africa to trade.

Gediid   

Zaylici

I really don't care about who you are and where you are from but all I did Aboowe was to give an honest opinion of what I thought.If that ticks you off I am sorry but I think I can pass my thoughts about anything that you write in here.If that makes me self hating Somali so be it.I by no means wish to denigrate Somalis but I honestly believe that we have not had the great authors that you speak off,period.If you wish to prove otherwise please go right ahead I will listen but do not deviate from the path,present your thoughts.Thats all.