Dalmar1

(Unsubstantiated) Disgraced Minister Beyle embezzled $193 Million

Duufaan   

Hassan is going the same road as last time. He is just a tool for the M00RYAAN to bring complete anarchy to Mogadishu and surrounded area.

Wa geesi hadu walanweynta inta ka dhacay beyle is good in my book he let his sons buy property in hargeisa they own the famous cafe called it a a whole building in jigjigayar 25. So I applaud this guy inooga so gur lacagta walanweynta

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Shurwac   

MMA not sure why you would let this defaming thread stand against wasir Beyle's name.

HAG Anarchists & SNM secessionists can't bring a single piece of evidence, yet you provide them a platform...

Something very fishy, many legitimate questions. So much money and little done.

On issue of travelling expenses, socdaalka,, parliament must do something about it, it has been and become one of the best and effective tools to money launder and steal one from the government,  very old trick,  thus has started back in 1960s, and was  popular in Siyad Baree government too.

STATE government officials adapted it , it is easy and very common practice,  you could see Rooble attending insignificant overseas conferences recently,  Deni always in and flying out and so on.

One guy who used to work with previous minister told me, how  busy he was  checking relevant conferences so he  can book and attend,  and overcharge the government. 

Somalis must do something about, it is amazing how this becomes where most has been spent 

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

Something very fishy, many legitimate questions. So much money and little done

i agree with you. NN ceebteedii haday soo baxaysaa. Wasiir bayle wuxuu yiri deen $155 baan qaadanay, parlimenka ma jirin aan u sheegno, sababta uu shacabka soomaliya ugu sheegi waayay maxay aheed. Xageeyse ku baxday (electionkii)

2017 budgetkii markii ay soo xireen oo lacag $40M la waayay meeel ay ka baxday, aya NN go aaan satay in aan budget danbe la xirin, parlimankiina la cag lagu harqiyay  say u aamusaan. Bayle waxaas oo dhan wuu ogaa, wuuna ka indho xirtay. Qarshe iyo Qaate waa isku mid.

tomorow waxbadan baa soo baxaya. Dadka wax weeyniyana dad yaqaan si wax loo waydiiyo uma eka, balse waan arki doonaa.

Habka parlimenkaan wax ku bilaalay, it is good. Ma ka aargoosi baa mise wa New way of accountibility, time will tell. Way fiicnan laheed in Mahad salaadna meesha keenaan, oo wax laga waydiiyo eedihii loo soo jeediyay iyo ku wa parlimenka ku jira oo Nisa madaxda u ahaa. Khayre isna in meesha la keeno oo la waydiiyo way uu parlimaka warqad ugu qoray in aan budget papaerka la keeni karin, what about Rooble intuu joogay yaa warqadaas qoray, isna ha la keeno.

Bayle ma looma ooyaan buu noqqday.

• Like 1

The Mps need a lot of training,  good start. External independent auditors must be brought, EY, Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers, or similar.

galbeedi   

I do agree the part where travel expenses are provided to not only ministers but the top leaders, the president and the prime minister.

Yet, I reject the idea that these guys are acting as members of a functioning parliament. If they were serious about accountability they would have called Bayle and question him. The worst of all is Cabdi Xaashi. He is saying now he had never seen a budget deliberations in five years. Because the senate was a  useless chamber filed with Muuse Suudi Farolle and Cabdi Qaybdiid. The only committee he ever appointed was the constitution committee in order to  have the Norwegian money, yet they have done nothing. This week he did the same thing and appointed those who will earn the dough without work. Where is the senate financial committee?

Xageed ku maqnayd ayaan dhihi lahaa.

Furthermore, there was no parliament or any institutions running for the last two years. The 2019 December budget was no where to be seen because there was the election Xadhigjiid, Xaalimo Yarey, Galmudug and other issues. The 2020 December one was out of the window since Khayre was gone and Rooble was busy traveling around the world to build the opposition of Farmaajo, and forget about December 2021 budget, because the country was in a mess. Why in the world would you debate a budget when the calendar year is left only six months.

They can't fool us because they never debated or passed one single item whether it is a budget, election matter or security. Dad shaqa hayey oo wax ka doodi jirey ayaad moodaa. Hadday maanta soo baraarugeen oo ay xisaabtan bilaabayaan waa war wanaagsan. Yey, I doubt, because everyone will tell you this is the worst parliament since Carta in 2000.

I can't imagine people who should have done their job three or four years ago are debating now. AS Bayle said the financial committee had signed off already. Furthermore, if you want to find discrepancies in the budget it should be investigated and at the committee level. You can't find anything in a chamber full Dumb Jadiid guys trying to score points.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

External independent auditors must be brought, EY, Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers, or similar.

Actually the Deloitte guys had certified the financial management of the government last year.  One thing we are overlooking is that there are well paid  financial management team that supposed to detect any theft. 

Also, Dr. Bayle can't refuse travel and other financial allocation to the ministers, prime minister and the president. I have been told that there was a trip which took Farmaajo and a large delegation to America and he took $100,000. After he concluded his trip and came home, he put back to the treasury $30,000 that remained and didn't take the money.

I can't believe Sacdiyo Firinbi is trying to be an attack dog guarding the nations finance.

7 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

ka dhacay beyle is good in my book he let his sons buy property in hargeisa they own the famous

Xaaji Bayle owned that property since 2011. While traveling in Jigjiga Yar someone pointed out to me that Bayle family owned that property. Every Qawdhan and Cigaal in Hargeisa owns some property, yet it is strange for you for Bayle who have been the top leadership of African development bank and other institutions for close to 30 years couldn't own a building. 

Bayle with his own money even built a boarding school with others in Awdal coastal area where his family nomads live.

First, Damu-Jadiid is having a field day, Congrats!

Second, let us be objective, this ministry is the second most important role after the Prime Minister, a very powerful position. The revenue for the government has doubled or even tripled apart from paying army salary,  public servants, not much was done.

has any funding been given to farmers, to purchase equipment? any small jetties built? any boats, nets,  given to fishermen, hospitals build?  new schools? any infrastructure?

where did all this money gone? someone needs to explain, and not necessarily this minister.

Maakhir, this ministry has a modern, updated website that lists all the budgets of the last five years; revenues as well as expenditures are all there. Just google it. Sheekadaan beenta ah oo wasiirkaan lagu magacdilo la rabo ha iska aaminin. 

galbeedi   
31 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

has any funding been given to farmers, to purchase equipment? any small jetties built? any boats, nets,  given to fishermen, hospitals build?  new schools? any infrastructure?

That is the biggest weakness of the successive Somali governments. It is unacceptable for the whole government budget to cover or use just for government operations and salaries. If we check how much was used for drought relieve or infrastructure , it is probably almost nothing. Besides, if the most of the operations of the ministries doesn't operate outside Mogadishu what do these public servants are doing.

Yet in 2018/19 both the EU and USA said they spend each close to a billion.

The NGO money is out there to be funneled to these projects and the government probably keeps its money for security and other issues. You can't progress unless you stop these billions divided between Nairobi, Brussels and Mogadishu.

Maakhiri1, those who are part of the financial management will tell you it is difficult to steal money from the finance ministry, but the gulf money with bags are another case.

• Like 1