Sign in to follow this  
Samafal

What have you achieved from your education?

to the OP, ur probably couple of years into your career now. i am sure it's been worth all the years and headache that came with getting that degree. I stopped at 2yrs and never finished. i want to go back now and get done with it. even though it won't be easy after this long. but inshasllah I can do it this time.

Abtigiis   

I have M.Sc in Agricultural Economics. Education has helped me in getting good jobs, and to do what I like most: helping my family who raised me with all they have. Doing all they need to my children, whom I denied other priviledges.

But anyone who thinks he can be using his textbooks for his professional jobs will be disappointed. Often our expectations about what we will do and what we are capable of doing once school is over, is too high. You need to focus on the routine jobs you do on a daily basis, which may not be as stimulating or enlighting as your school days.

Muriidi   

does anyone have the feeling it's not enough with an "update" or "upgrade" and you might have to start all over ?

"magic" words like geopolitical or sociological don't work anymore.everywhere in the world clergy is proving that they can replace any form of work that is not directly material.administrative,banking,psychological,fina ncial conslulting,lawyers...entertainement?

wadaaddo...sorry culimo have taken over the service sector,they have a natural alliance with the production sector.

i heard that if you believe in God you will sooner or later quit your sinful ways...because Mohamed ص said so!

world wide governments are panicking,calling for radical groups like chrischan democrats and hizbola screaming hey come back look i make islam now...come back i give you half price,

"magic" words like overpopulation,lack of infrastructure,developing nations,just don't motivate somali intellectuals anymore since they decided to be aftahan instead of aqoonyahan.

me...i'm proud to say that my college physics wiht God's blessing helped me survive a few fistfights and bullet showers...

i was able to do designing engineering work after one year and after 2nd year i had 3 different jobs in that area...later i was told that my engineering knowledge made me a stabilizing factor in my community,and would get a loan from any xawaalad to start my own business,i'm just waiting for them to become muslim instead of just islamic.

i learned that education is not just for making money,it's about having fun and being understood.

Good Topic indeed, well first of alhamdulliah, cz both of my cerificates, Bsc,and MSA. they are doing a wonderfull job, i am getting paid well alhamdullilah and still down to earth, no boasting needed. It depends how well you connect your network before you graduate.

Kamaavi   

I am after all medical student with interest in development rather than a development worker dabbling in medicine.

Muriidi   

in school you need good grades to get into a ood college;once you're in, grades are not so relevant.

our primary objective is to develop "stuff" that works/functions correctly.

TopGirl   

im still studying at university. i have got one more year to go, and i honestly feel like i have made the worst mistake of my life. the degree i have chose is not what i want to do afterall. i have realised this after i chose this course, before i used to think this is what i wanted to do. i was so excited that now i just feel ashmed and angry for making what could be the biggest mistake of my life. i really feel like i could've done better had i chosen another degree.

Top Girl...isn't there a way you can transfer some of the credits to another program that you like? For me I took fashion design. It was great when I lived in Toronto, but I am now in Edmonton. It wasn't a total waste though, at least I am able to make all out clothes.

I am 35 and have to go back to college.

Tammy's Somali Home

Sniper   

education rocks...I'm a junior i got 2 job offers this summer, if u r in IT you should be fine. the girl with programming degree..you should start looking for a job in the right places. I think one must study what is in demand...or some one is extremely passionate about. GOOD GRADES are important, they play the place of experience.

I've completed an MA in Education Studies and English Literature and am in the process of conducting my PHD... Education has opened more doors for men then i could ever imagine... it's given me the ability understand and question things that i would otherwise have taken for granted... it's given me independence and the confidence to question and critique and not take things as face values... the world is filled with injustice and i'm not saying education is the only answer, but it gives you the power to speak with knowledge... these days it's not sufficient to question authority... you've got to speak with it too.

Peace and Poetics x

Muriidi   

you're right no boasting needed ..

except for listing all your contacts from every jabha/qabiila iyo garaadaha (military rank) aad ka leedahay :confused:

Education is like life: it's what you make of it.

Having said that, if you are strongly individual, independent and creative, the conventional route may not be the best option.

Nugul   

Of course, it is an achievement to complete your Degree, but whether it helps to get better jobs is another matter. I graduated years ago with upper-second class (2.1) from a prestigious university, but this did not lead to an employment. I also have few A levels and 5 GCSEs. I sometimes get frustrated with all those certificates; the time spent on studying not to mention the loan that I still have to pay back (I ended up £9000 in debt). Now, I work as a Sales Assistant in the M&S. Perhaps my area is quite competitive and is white-male dominated field. My name just puts them off.