Sign in to follow this  
J.Lee

The assimilation of Somalians!

J.Lee   

I have to get some thing off my chest, any body who has a comment feel free to state your opinion for I might came cross as Judgemental and other wordly B/s but how ever you take it.........It's my point of view....

I'm very deeply concerned about my somali People not all of You because I hate to generalize and I know SOME Somalians do some thing with their LIFE in terms of Education,Finance and etc.........BUT there are some who are for a lack of better word who are ****ed by ********* and I say this because I have seen Somali Teens who have been assimilated in to this URBAN lifestyle (I.e Smoking,drinking and I don't mean Vimto/pepsi,commiting fornication,and etc) which is prohibited in our Islamic Doctorine. There are females who are losing their moral values just so they could impress men thus in turn changing their whole believe system, disrespecting themselves by having Breasts and *** out like some video *** .and my brothers. Istaaqfurulah.I live by a prodominately somali 'Hood. The males they stand anywhere trying to HOLLA with bull **** lines like..."Hey ma" (Hooyadiis ma-ahay excuse the broken somali) and have the sheer audacity to get indignant when you don't reply. Which brings me to another poing, why do Some of Somali males call females B.I.T.C.H.E.S, what causes them to degrade their fellow somali sisters that way? I want to know the reason why.......I mean don't they know that If they continue living this way that they will end up, excuse my rhetoric joggin.......bumping smokes with the original Ol' Dirty ******* ........Mr.Ibliis Himself. Why are we Losing our selves, why are we being assimilated in to this Pegan Culture when we have a beautiful one? :confused: .

Walaal....I know there are lot of boys and girls who caught in HipHop culture and imimate BET and MTV rap video.I have seen boys getting lost into drugs and "thuglife"(wat ever dat means)....and gals being terrible used by black males and others.....Unfortunetaly somali communities turn their backs on these kids instead helping them and making them understand that there is no future in this....We somalis are failing simply coz each one of us is turning away and saying "What could one person do".

It is sad to see young men and women referring to themselves as NIGGAZ N HOES.

Ladiif   

Very unfortunate thing to see happening upon our future leaders to be, but we made this choice for them long time ago when we destroyed the place we call home and lead them to this backward world/culture of the west. Yes, they are all the things you said them to be, but is pointing at their faults will change a thing? I really dont know, I leave it open to the wise NOMADS. However, this is the kind of environment we exposed to them, so maybe some of us are to be blamed for this. We are not as innocents as you might think--but we aren't fully accountable for everything either(some are adults).

Now, its upto us whether we want to make the same terrible mistake we did or take the matter in our own hands and make a future for our kids. How can we do that is another topic on its own!!

I feel you sis. It is very sad and frustrating to see youngsters acting with such silliness and ignorance. But what better examples or role models do they have? Most of these Nomads saw people they looked up to once, committing despicable crimes against each other and cutting each other’s throats, and using archaic notions of identity like tribalism to justify their actions. So when they arrive in North America or Europe for that matter, these youngsters had to make a choice: Should they express, and proudly share their Somali heritage or should they ACCEPT their newly imposed identity, which was black/African. Hence, youngsters chose the easy route, which was the sleazy way out—copying what they saw as “black” on BET and MTV! Therefore my sister, this is not unique to Somalis but a problem that all “blacks” face. Were you ever accused of “acting white” for simply doing well in school? And by Somalis! Truly a very distressing situation, God help the Somali Nation for we are in a crises mode. Fellow Nomads, please, be very proud of who you are, and don’t ever let anyone to pigeon hole you into any category! Show that Cushitic instinct and spirit, and direct your energies into something productive! Nabadgalyo,

J.Lee   

I agree with you all and I thank you for giving me the precise insight from your point of view for the causes regarding losing our culture but Somalians have to learn that this so called Thuglife (which actually stands for The Hate U Give to Little Infants ****s Everybody)glamorized through B.E.T and MTV.. is an Art Form for It does serve some artistic use to Ghettos and not a life style..I mean it's like the old saying...If so and so Jumps off a bridge would u too..In this case Since people who die representing this Thug Life go to hell...are you willing also...and as for the role Models..Isn't Prophet Mohamed enough..Isn't it supposed to be Muslim 1st Somali 2nd. :confused:

We have a lot of problemsb MsWord

And i dont no how we might seek to solve them all. All i no is that ur right, we have been in the west for a relativly short space of time, and yet we have managed to assimilate to the point were we have the situations you described above in ur posting.

We have had a disastors recent history, and its no shock to me that some have gone astray (may allah gide tehm back to the rigth path) however what is really worrying, and indeed sad to see is teh extent to which A LOT of somalia men and increasingly women are doing all sorts of ****