Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Who gets your Vote: The greatest Somali

Rakim   

Sayid Cabdulle Xasan only killed those who were Kufaar lackeys and Gaalo's shoe polishers!

My vote goes to him and Axmed Gurey!

Baashi   

Inna Abdille Hassan was poet, patriot, revolutionary, and statesman who stood up our freedom and challenged the white and black invaders by fighting...in that he was one of the greatest of all. In the some token, he was spinless coward whose dervishes killed innocent Somalis at will, committed rape, summary execution, and stolen herds by the thousand. "wey xujoobeen" from none other than Mr. Sayid was all they needed to hear. Somali victims' crime was they shared tribal affiliation with his Somali enemies or dissidents of his rule...thereby guilt by association.

My favorite is Aden Abdulle Osman and SYL, SNL, and USP generations.

Ladiif   

Gediid, Inna cabdille xassan wuxuu laayey gaalo iyo gaalo kalkaaliye. Iff you help the kufaars fighting against muslims you deserve to die man.

jaaluut   

baashi , let me respectfully correct your statement that sayid was a coward.

quite contrary, the sayid was one of the bravest souls, among a rare breed of men like ahmed gurey,and garaad wiilwaal.

if you look carefully at his history , you will find that he didn't discriminate traitors,and killed all regardless of their tribe.

the people he killed the most were his own,and the particular family who were the majority of the darvishes(reer laascaano).

when the northern suldaans and northeaster kings were blindly obeying the italians and the british, sayid moxamed fully aware of their strategies and aim was waging a jihad against them.

the farthest thing from the truth is the fact that sayid killed people who just opposed him, queit contrary , he killed the guides the translators and the nomadic tribes who supported the emperialists stay in our country.

Baashi   

Jaaluut u r right that he didn't discriminate his traitors. No dispute there at all. He did ordered summary execution, the legend has it, of a whole villages simply because their chief was not on his side in conflict between him and other tribe.

Look, I don't pretend to know what happen back then but according his poems it is undisputable how he carried himself when he felt some tribes were not supporting his cause...even pregnant women were not spared from the 'toorey'...hence 'umalo doox' were among his legacies. I like the guy and I'm proud of his crusade against Xabashi and whites but it doesn't do justice to history if we pretend as if he was an angel...yes the great Sayid was coward by being complicit in horrors dervishes committed under the disguise of nationalism.

After a decade his famous liuetenent Ismacil Mirre lamented:

Kaakici wadaadkii Jihad laguna kaalmee e

Kun wada duub cad buu keenay Beer-dhiga e

Waxse kadabkii go'ey kolkuu kohay reer Kheyre e

EE Ragow kibirka waa lagu kufaa kaa ha lo'ogaado.

Corrections are welcomed

Gediid   

Ladiif

History can be misleading if misinterpreted by the wrong people.In this case 21 years of kacaan has left behind a nation brainwashed by loopsided history,made brutal murderers into national heroes and real heroes into traitors.The Sayid I believe is a prime example.He went on a rampage and in the process killed more innocent Somalis than the Italians, British and Ethiopians combined.Some were killed beacause of who they were and others for their property.A very few others beacuse they worked for the colonial powers.Honestly he was no Sayid or sheikh but he has 21 years of kacaan to be thankful for that.

Thanks

jaaluut   

throughout the history of mankind , atrocities were commited on the names of great leaders.

this deosn't extrapolate to the actual deed by the sayid.

in addition, what some soldiers commited under the dervishes shouldn't be put on the sayid's shoulders.

iam in no way claiming that he was an angel, but he was the best ever, given the circumastances and the socio-political realities at the time.

sayid , overall accomplished something no one else in the continent of africa accomplished despite his shortcomings.

Gediid, adigu waan ku fahmay meeshaad ka hadlayso, but my simple question to you is who is your hero? i hope it is not ceydiid or some other hooligan.

Gediid   

Jaalut

Hitler to some is a hero and to others the worst mass murderer in history of mankind.Now the sayid doesn't belong in that elite category but he sure ain't a hero as you portray him to be.

Gediid, adigu waan ku fahmay meeshaad ka hadlayso, but my simple question to you is who is your hero? i hope it is not ceydiid or some other hooligan.

Jaalut I don't think in aad i fahantey but to be clear here Aideed is as guilty as your hero.

I think we somalis define heroes in terms of the human suffering they inflict and not the progress they achieve in their lifetime.

Thanks

Rakim   

ORiginally from Gediid

" Honestly he was no Sayid or sheikh but he has 21 years of kacaan to be thankful for that."

by these comments, You seem to be mistaken Sayid Abdulle Hassan to notorious Siyaad Barre. They were two different guys with two different era. IF that's not the case, then you still far-away from the real deal or somehow trying to deny the truth about Sayid Cabdulle Hassan.

The Great Sayid Abdulle Hassan is undeniable his nationalism, his patriotic fight against European Colony, Amxaars, and those Somali traitors who disgracefuly polish their shoes. Even his opponents couldn't deny his aim, his integrity and his will of living freedom. Indeed they have written as many historian books undoubtly about his commitment of freedom. However, if his dervish killed any Somalians, they were only those traitors against him and any human living could understand the reason why.

Unless you've originated from those clans who happily supported his kufaar opponents and inflated you by a personal or clan hatred, you have a baseless and contradicted arguments.

Gediid   

Rakim

My point is very simple,try getting it without having to jump to the age old somali disease of qabiil.

I will not buy history written during Kacaan times and if you think glorifying the cowardly acts of the Sayid in looting and killing innocent nomads,then you my friend definately need to wake up from your deep sleep.

FYI

Nearly all the loot and plunder that the Sayid did was against his own people.Waaxa gacantiisu gaari weydey gabay ayuu ku cayn jiirey.

Thanks

Thanks

To My female Heorione ARAWEELO and XAAWO TAAKO

These two herioine I choiced them are the most influential people to me.

I love them and I looking forward to write about them as much as I can because Somali women are exempt from their history. The truth is that without these two favorable and Heroic personalities there will be No Somalia.

DA_BEAST   

to mention SIYAAD BARRE in the same breath with SAYYID MUHAMMAD ABDULLE HASSAN for me is plain insulting.how dare you?

you talking about him being the longest serving president but did you ever ask yourself WOULD THERE EVER BEEN A COUNTRY CALLED SOMALIA HAD IT NOT BEEN THE GREAT MAN HIMSELF?so please next time make sure you know what you talking about when you wanna make a point aight please?

the bravest somali man that ever set a foot on this planet,the most patriotic somali man that ever breathed,the wisest leader that ever existed, and above all the greatest MUJJAAHID that somalia ever produced.if it wasn't for him i don't think none of us would've born FREE including SIYAAD BARRE period. ;)

MD   

salaam aleykum

I will not buy history written during Kacaan times and if you think glorifying the cowardly acts of the Sayid in looting and killing innocent nomads,then you my friend definately need to wake up from your deep sleep.

geedid walaal from what i c from here is, as a brother/sister above mentioned ur confused with the two men and other nomads i think are wondering what ur talking about, (Siyaad Bare and Sayid Mahamed abdulla hassan). Sayid Mahamed Abdulla Hassan was a hero, a brave man who fought for his people and his country, may allah(swt) reward him for what he has done. On the other hand, Siyad bare he has done good and bad for the country, yet i do agree with u on somethings u say about him, he was anti-religion (use to kill sheikhs, hated the quran and so on). But we shouldnt judge him, allah is one to judge.

wa salaam

Thank u every1 for voting for me and bashing the ones against me.

I here by know my u lot my dervishes/Darawish!!

Now let's go and kill some warlords and anybody who supports them.

C u in Taylex!!!

PS. it's good to be back on Somalia online!!!!!!!!!! Oh! and yeah my vote goes to Ahmed Gurey