Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Who gets your Vote: The greatest Somali

Jamster   

Let me say first that my favourite had won, the contest of the Greatest Briton Sire Winston Churchill greatest of all of them mate.

Okay, this contest cannot be imported to Somali due the lack of individuals who would qualify to a such a highly esteemed position. The only two men that come to mind are Ahmed Gurey who united Somalis successfully to fight against the Habashi imperialists in sixteen century. The second man is the Great Mohamed Abdullah Hassan who we all know of the exemplary deed had done for his country.

The other individual that comes to mind is Adam Osman, Adan Cade. The first President in Somalia. But he is not as great as my favourite Sayidka.

The Nomad speaks no more.

I would say Ahmed Gurey who brought ethopia down its knees.He captured two-thirds of ethopia,defeated their portugeese counterparts and eliminated the imperialist king.

Now i know the Ethopian State hate Us!

Jamster   

Thanks for your contribution! let me come back and say that we should have these 5 catagories:

1.Leadership

2.Bravery

3.Patriosm

4.Genius

5.Creativity

Please state why you think your chosen hero or heroine qualifies to be the greatest of all.

Farah

Thunder   

"Fool wada qayaxan iyo qosol beena

ma anaa midiyo la ii qarshaa la igu qali doonaa"

Sayid Muhamed Abdule Hassan AKA "Mad mullah" is the only Somali, in my opinion, that gets my vote.

Ofcourse there are many other great people including me but nominating one's self will be foolish.

jaaluut   

hadaynu isa siri sideenaba mayska kala tagnaa sideedaba? is this a litmus test to know where each nomad is from? well beyond that

there is one great nomad , the father of all nomads,and you guessed right

Sayid Maxamed Cabdille Xassan.

i could add axmed gurey and wiil waal, but nooooh

TIIMBARO   

I would pick Sayyid Abdullah Hassan for the greatest Somali ever live. The reason why he is my #1 choice has many unaccountable reasons. Sayyidka was a man of vision, he was ahead of his time and no one at his time knew where he was going with his campaigns. The Somalis were mostly nomads and as nomads, they wanted life to be as simple as it can be. Sayyidka displayed vision that was unprecedented at his time and to fulfill his dream of free Somalia, he had to resort to questionable methods, which later has caused damage to his legacy. That is why we should cherish this man and everything he stood for.

OG Moti   

SAYID MOHAMED ABDILLE HASSAN, complete leadership, and freedom fighter, man of honor and fear of Allah

I go for him ... peace

my second pick is Osama bin laden

Gabbal   

Ms Word

I swear I kind of agree. People generally tend to overlook the Somali state's golden period between 1969-1977. It was after the Ogaden War of 1977 that the country went into decline and resulted in the civil war and stuff. But I kind of agree with you.

Ladiif   

Sayid Mohamed A. Hassan was a man of honor; real mujahid and WADANI-which all the somalis happened to be lacking these days.

I think I'm gonna have to agree with Tunder,Bachelor,jaaluut and most of the other nomads

The greatest Somali of all times was and still is Sayid Maxamed C.Xassan

He demonstrated courage,pride,and faith for the Somali people and for our land and religion :D

Gediid   

I think 21 years of Kacaan in Somalia have left a negative impact on somalis in 2 ways, one is Qabiil and the other is a history written in Villa Somalia which villified some and turned others into heroes.The prime example is the Sayid who has killed more somalis than the white man.However Siyaad Barre has turned him into a national hero by misinterpreting history to suit his motives.If you all are going to vote for him then you might as well consider voting for people like Siad, Aideed Sr, Morgan beacuse they all have one thing in common.....they killed more somalis than Ethiopians, Europeans swahili combined.

Thanks

Ladiif   

Gediid, brother Sayid Mohamed did kill some somalis but shouldn't we ask the question, what kind of somalis were those? and why did he kill them?

Sorry, your comparison of Sayidka to those murderers is way off!!

Gediid   

Ladiif

Thanks Gediid, brother Sayid Mohamed did kill some somalis but shouldn't we ask the question, what kind of somalis were those? and why did he kill them?

What sort of Somalis were they???

Thanks