Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Behind the Veil: A Muslim Woman Speaks Out (LIES)

Haashim   

Ma istaahisho in laga hadlo xataa, waayo qiimeyba sii yeelaneysaa.

Please close her topic.

RAMADAAN KARIIM

Nazra   

Is it me or does she look way to young for her age...dam!

:eek: Anywayz that's not the point we already have Amen and Waris not another ONE... YAA ALLAH... :confused:

nuune   

maad naga deessaan naagtan waalan,waxay doonto hashegtee kolleey way ku qaraabaneysaa hadalada noocaaas oo kale,gabar somali ah waxaas oo kale masheegto hadday dhaqan wanaagsantahay!!

That was some work. I couldn't get into the link so I had to find this article through the NewYork Times.

It seems to me that this woman is cleary not educated enough to make the remarks that she has made. Her words are based on case-scenarios of Women that have suffered from Cultural autrocities. None of what she said were linked to religion in her cases. She has tied her feminist fews against men, to feminist views against Muslim men. What she needs to do is get a better understanding and grasp of the Islam religion and base her words on facts that she can link to Islam. Incest, Genital Mutilation, has nothing to do with Islam, if anything it has a lot to do with culture.

The Dutch on the other hand, remind me alot of the Mayor of Lewiston, Maine. The influx of refugees caught both of guard. The Dutch have had the pleasure of someone veiling them from the idea that that they are not the "insensitive racist" that have to speak up against. It makes life a bit easier for them to know that an immigrant has spoken out against the influx of refugee, there the invitation by the Dutch Liberal party to be a candidate for parliment. Why not have an immigrant speak against strengthening immigration policies.

As for the death threats and hate mail. It's clearly uncalled for, instead people should pray for her and hope that she will one day seek the education she needs to back up her statements that "Islam is Backwards".

A7LA-SHU   

Shyhem

"Now U wonder why some somali men would do anything to avoid somali women raised in the west"

bro i don't think all somali women who was raised in the west are all alike..... plus there are some of us who happen to like our religion, culture, and ppl even more just coz we weren't able to grow up in our homeland. atleast let me speak for myself..

so don't be runing around saying oh somali girls are this and that.. plus it ain't our fault she is having crisis. good for her. and if she thinks putting her religion low and talking **** is gonna get her somewhere she can do that..

but all i wanna to say is we might be all somalians. but we are different in our own way too..

Haseena   

can anyone tell me where I can get the article?....cuse it's not working for me here...and I've looked for it in times...maybe I'm doing it all wrong but I would like to know where to get this article....

Y'all are the ones that are ignorent!

Who says she cant speak out for the issues that Muslim women face? She said nothing about the religion itself but how MEN misuse their religion.

Yeh I believe that millions of muslim women are oppressed. Not by ISLAM but by culture and control from their men.

Incestry Exists..Sexual Abuse exists..Physical Abuse and FGM exists...

So why are all the men threating to kill her?

Because ITS THE TRUTH...

Get over yourselves..

:rolleyes:

Opinioted If you feel the same wasy as her, maybe you should join forces.

Have you been done badly by your father, or even

brothers,did they sexually abuse you?

if they did, I think you should let us know about it, so we can help you out.

Quoting Ayan Hirsi::

She made a name for herself pressing for the emancipation of Muslim women and documenting how thousands, living even here, were subjected to beatings, incest and emotional and sexual abuse.

Damn Right she out to make name for her god damn self.Such a shame to see, so many of you

still bringing shame to the name of Somalis

and Even worse the religion.

Pray for btter tommorow..

LadyMo   

I'd like to add somethin to Shyhem walaal u said

Originally posted by Shyhem:

Now U wonder why some somali men would do anything to avoid somali women raised in the west.This is not civillization,this is stupidity of the highest order.

Well this woman wasnt exactly brought up in de west if she's 32years old now and lived in the Netherlands for 10 years dat proves she came to the Netherlands as a woman at the age 22!

I was born and raised in de west and I wudnt personally talk about our religion in dat way, but the reason why she is saying these things is because she's lost her sense of direction, she doesnt kno where her life is goin? She's a 'Jahil' and hasnt been taught her religion properly!

The place where u hav been brought up doesnt make u wat u r, but de knowledge dat u hav acquired during ur life is wat makes u!! Just like religion cant b linked to certain nationalities only.

So in other words those Somali men that would do anythin to avoid us girls (born and brought up in the west) well all I can say is dat they are just as ignorant as de lady who talks about our culture by mixin it up wiv out religion in a negative way!!

NinBrown   

Mam reading that trash makes me think...why is every somali women who gets on the western media always put down their people...they always seem to have 2 things in common..

1)waa la guday markay yarayeen

2) nin ian adeer kood baa lasii yay markey yarayeenn.

They always blow things out of proprtion...god help them

She is lost, she is ignorant, what ever she is.

Let us not turn this into generalizing all Somali women, however lets learn from one another.

Need faith and a strong believe to follow a religion like Islam.

Need real history from our past inorder for us to follow our culture. We will see more lost disturped Somalis in the future, her words will be nothing compare to the ugly wonders the future holds. If we havent seen worst than her before, than most of us are lying to one another. Seemingly we aren't not blind, but truelly can't see much. What happens to a kid when he grows under dealers, profanity speakers and bad romodels?. The future is not bright for us living in foreign lands, even though it should be bright.

...Lets learn from one another, and learn not to repeat our mistakes....

She had reasons, her mind was weak, and I could make million reasons to make her look normal. But, the matter of the fact is there are more somalis who have her vision.

The Question is, what can we do about it?....

The ones in here who seem to be judging~

TakeCare~

PeacMiddleEast~

1~