Sign in to follow this  
heavenly

Spanking.....Discipline or Child Abuse??

heavenly   

Aight well...this question has always been a major issue especially when it comes to the Somali community.. How do you feel about it? Now a days our childern/siblings are being taught that if your parents put a finger on you...call da police..so wha do you think?

Well here is ma 2 cents...i think that it is discipline in terms of the HOLY QU'RAN....but as long as the child ain't bleeding and bruised or any other type of markings its okay...and keep in mind that Allah said to discipline the child by spanking as a mean of humiliation on a minor scale.....why would Allah want us to beat our childern Sh*TLESS ...when our religion promotes love and peace

Anyways let me know what you think

3zma1L   

I don't like children to be beaten, but if it is in the Quran, (You did not quote verses) I am alrite with it.

Allah knows the best.

It is better that you talk to the kids first before a parent loses start hitting the child. As far as descipline goes, there are many ways you encourage your kids not to do bad things again rather than beating them. For example, take their toys from them or ground them or etc. It is in Psychology-101,loool. I dont think the Quran refers to beating your child like a Donkey, but rather decipling them gently, but not giving them a black eye or broken nose or etc. So who ever told you that the Quran says that, told you Wrong. And Next Time please make sure u research to get the facts, rather than argue on a fiction.

===DONT KILL YOUR CHILD===

===TALK TO THEM, THEY WILL LISTEN==

p.s. if they dont, kill them, why would i care. icon_razz.gif

ScarFace   

tha points are:

Too much discipline will cause rebellion.

Too much discipline can certainly cause rebellion. So can too little . Muslim homes should be loving, caring homes where persuasion works most of the time. But when there is need for discipline, shying away from it can only make the problem more difficult.

Insufficient parental control can be as damaging as too much parental control.

Gediid   

Its definately discipline.Look at whats happening in somali communities in the west nowadays.Caruur baabadey that their parents can't even handle.The stick is the ultimate in discipline but there is no harm in talking to your kids first and the stick if hadal wax tari waayo.

Haaruun   

Heavenly, R u questioning what Allah has told us 2 do?.....nothing is better than a little spank.

doesn't harm the kid and makes him/her behave. If God told us in his quran, we shouldn't be having this arguement...we should take it as Allah told us since he knows ALL(the best)

Ibtisaam   

Well it depends on to what extant does the spanking go, and if it leaves marks on child’s body or not. Sometimes a little spanking might teach the child to behave. And also it various on different types of children’s and their behaviors, sometimes a little spanking might be need or not. It really depends on the situation that you are in and what action is reasonable to take at the very moment. But leaving a bruise mise a mark on the innocent child’s body is a big time NO, NO from my perspective.

Personally speaking, I don’t like to lay a finger on the children reason being that I don’t believe that, that is the way to go on about it. Talking to them and telling them what’s right from wrong sincerely without screaming or hitting them, does the job for me all the time. And alhamdulilaah that works for me on my Aunties kids, and I pray to Allah that same technique works on my kids if Allah gives me any in the future.

why would Allah want us to beat our childern Sh*TLESS ...when our religion promotes love and peace

Heavenly sis where is a prove of the Ayah that Allah has stated that? And if Allah has stated that, please sis do not question why Allah said such a thing because, only He knows what's best for the children that He has created more than any of us will. Note that everything that Allah mentioned in his holy book is for a reason, and Allah (swt) will never command his slave's to do such and such if their isn't any good reason behind it. So walaal don't ever argue over what Allah says, but rather take it and follow it.

kacabuji- couldn't agree with you more.

There are other ways of dealing with cases as such..come to think bout it' i do recall such ideas from phyciology 101 smile.gif -of how beating up can make a child intimated and mystifacte their true feelings to their parents. If being cold hearted and emotionless to your kids is your thang-' than hey' suit yeah self........

one xxxxxxxxxxx

heavenly   

:eek: ya'll didn't understand wha i was trying to say... about that part where i said <> it was a rhetorical question i was trying to make the point that there are parents who beat their childern brutally....and that they are not suppose to.....and there are situations where the parent takes out their anger upon the child....and about that ayah....i will hook ya'll up with it, so that way ya'll see where im coming from and there is NO more misunderstanding smile.gif

Changed   

spanking a child is aight since our religion says so ;) .......

hheeeehehehehehheeh

Heavenly, R u questioning what Allah has told us 2 do?

it was a rhetorical question

loooooooooooooooooooool smile.gif .........

1love dreams

Hanna   

I think you should never tauch your kids, because by beating them or spanking them as you call it

they will just get used to it and not be afraid of it anymore. I remember when i was young and I wanted to do things that i knew my parents disapprove of i used to say what's the worse that can happen ..hmm get whiped for it eh...than i used to do whatever i wanted to do anyway cuz i knew that i will cry for a min and then go on with my life

but i never messed with my father....cuz with him he never tauched us but talked too damn match that by the time he is done with you, you would wish that he beated the crap out of you instead of talking all that time and he will never forget...i mean he will remind you of what you do did forever

anyway the moral of the story is that you should talk to your children and teach them wrong from right....granted they will mess up once in a while but that's when negative or positive reinforcement coming into play...

cuz if you laid out the rules and their consequences then the child will know what not to cross and what will happen if they do cross that rule

right now i use the time-out rule with my lil bro/sis's and believe there is nothing they hate more than being locked in a room that has no tv no games no radio and nothing ...i make sure all of those toys are gone before i send them to the room....and believe me they don't mess with me that often...anyhow taling is the key, cuz your kids are not your enemy no need to show them that are more powerful than they are

peace

BE GENTLE WHEN DEALING WITH KIDS, THEY ARE FRAGILE