Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Are Somalis a burden to the system everywhere?

HONEY-D   

We been a burden that aint true i mean

a)Have u ever seen a somali person chalenging his/her white counterpart,( there r hardly any) but da asians do.

b) How many of us got our own business (a handful of ppl) but all asains do.

c) How many of us do u see dealing with drugs (none) but da jamaicans do.

d) how many us do corruption of any sort,(none) but the asians do.

Use ur head if we were depended on welfare would we manage to support our relatives back home there u go. :confused:

I gues the should be worried the asians not us. :rolleyes:

khadar01   

Is it true that we're displaced people? is it true that we move around a lot? absolutely and positively yes,but it isn't fair to portray us as the only ones who abuse the system and are on walfare,for there are millions in this country who are on walfare,immigrants or natives.as far i know i and the u.s. goverment know,not the us puplic, somalis are hard working people.most somalis send almost all their pay checks if not all.so my somali brother that's where the 7 million comes from.it isn't welfare money,it is the sweat of these skiny somali people you've seen in MN.as far as i know the only mistake the somalis made is they focused on one place,they failed to realize this country is huge. opinions are welcome smile.gif

Most of us are here alittle over a decade - isn't that ironically dammn too long to be on a Welfare???

Our percentages are much higher then the other immigrants who depend on the system. This is the cause for alarm!

Blame not anybody else but the Somali Man. He's the one who shipped his wife and 6 kids to a foreign land and said: "Let the state provide what they will for my family - Why Should I Work"

Anyman who allows his family to live with the assistance of Sec.8 for 10+ years, and has to hide when the social worker comes by is a Weak Man Walahi with no balls.

Wonder whatever happened to our forefathers way of living - who based their manhood on "Taking Care of Their Families"

Forgod's sake Get out of the system - Create your own system. For starters do odd jobs, like the Mexicans do ie; cleaning - then work your way up the ladder.

Its funny how they all gather around and talk about Politics - daydreaming about how they'll one day become Ministers or even the Pres. of Somalia - Cajiib eh' - Their Wishful thinking makes me wanna slap the welfare mentality outta them.

SOUL LADY_________ we all need a lil truth !!!thanx

i would have to agree that your right...!!!

but do we really deserve those insults?

are we a lower form of life?

that's the issue about the article..the welfare system yeah BUT are we a burden? let's not generalize here..the article claims that the seven million dollers "sent to families" overseas are from "hard working AMERICAN taxpayers" he's leading readers to believe somalis can't be hard wwrkers >>but SEVEN MILlion a month? show me one country that will give the refugees 7 million A month and i'll show the day the pig flew over a cold day in HELL!!!!

GENERALIZING For those somali families that are welfare and assistance on average they probably get 200-800 dollers in aid (cash) divide that buy 7 million >>I DON'T THINK THAT MANY SOMALI FAMILIES ARE ON WELFARE? are thEre THAT many somali famIlies IN The states? ARE there 200,000 SOMALI FAMILIES IN THE STATES? i don't think so! correct me if i'm wrong but that article IS an insult and should not be taken lightly.

....aight

thanks 1oNe

Tenacious:

You can find humor in just about any situation even the most tragic - Somalidu need to for once let their guard down - Try and listen what the other party is saying or trying to say - They may exaggerate abit but there's plenty truth to it.

Ain't it awful, our "Gimme Some" mentality is showing - Yeeee Haaaa!

Bottom Line: They don't owe us a Living. Its eat what you killed Jungle.

Dhimbil   

I fail to see the humor in this article, i know bigotry when i see it, if you been to places like California, Taxes, New York etc, large part of the populations in these cities, citizens & immigrants alike are on gov assistance and they telling us somalis are highest % of immigrant on welfare? i doubt. These pple had welfare problems for a century, trying to reform the welfare system decade after decade, and nothing worked, so the problem is not somalis.

I can't believe our own pple are buying into the lies, but i guess its true, if a lie is told enough times it becomes the truth. Also if anyone has "Gimme some" mentality is the capitalist society we live in today, nothing particular to somalis smile.gif

Wiseman never generalizes... ;)

NinBrown   

I dont think we are a burden at the moment..but the way its going we are very soon gonna be a burden. Here in the UK majority of Somalis and i mean majority are on welfare..the male is seperated form his wife and kids..so that they can claim cayr. The youth so much of them sign is crazy...but i dont blame them..

U see they grew up in house where no one worked and it was very normal to claim cayr..so they look for a job for 2 days cant find one then they claim cayr..then it becomes a vicious cycle.

Ilaahay haduu lixda lixaad ku sii yay..u should use..cos claiming ceyr might be xaraam.

What do you guys think about the 2 main excuses why our people claim cayr..

1) private housing is too expensive.. and the wife cannot work..one income is not enough

2)we have to support ppl bac at hoem..i see so many ppl claiming cayr and they building villas back home.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Caydh, Shab or whatever you call it, have become household names.

What really amazes me is those who try and cheat the system when it comes to caydha and in doing so some go against the principles of our deen eventhough they're well aware of their limits and their rationale is...gaalo weeyaan, why baan ugu deynaynaa or it's ok to lie to a gaal.

Somali’s aren’t a complete burden to the system...not everyone is on WELFARE dammit..there are many self-reliant folks who work for many hours (sometimes multiple jobs a day) to support themselves as well as family back home..these damn reporters need to get CHECKED :mad: :mad: ...and honestly some of my people need to fix up... If ur physically and mentally fit I don’t see why u can’t get a job...I guess this is where somali pride gets In the way ...am sayin’ worst come to worst u’ll be cleaning a bathroom (aniga musquul ma hagjinaye)it’s earning a living..others humans do it.. :( (like anigu :D )

ok, i would agree with u guys that we are not a burden compared to alotta other sociaties,

a)Have u ever seen a somali person chalenging his/her white counterpart,( there r hardly any) but da asians do.

b) How many of us got our own business (a handful of ppl) but all asains do.

c) How many of us do u see dealing with drugs (none) but da jamaicans do.

d) how many us do corruption of any sort,(none) but the asians do.

true, and

e) u never see somali prostitutes, (all other nations do it)

f)u never see somali homless on the streets (u see mainly europians, whites and few balcks)

g)u never see somali beggers! (kosovans,gypsies ect)

although we are not a burden compared to the above, we should think about investing in moving out and living in our homeland where we are the rulers, and no1 can ever call us a burden!

definitely, the reporter was racist! if u look at the history of europeans, always, latest immgirants were blamed 4 all the ills of the society, why cuzz they r the least to defend themselves! its a fact and part of history. the polish, italians, japanese, hatians they all went through it!

u might ask why does this happen? the main reason

why this happens is this! fat cat politicans and their scum bags get less share of the loot period! so everything gets blame on the new kid on the block cuzz hes naive and often times less knowledgable how to defend himself...

MD   

Nafisa

What really amazes me is those who try and cheat the system when it comes to caydha and in doing so some go against the principles of our deen eventhough they're well aware of their limits and their rationale is...gaalo weeyaan, why baan ugu deynaynaa or it's ok to lie to a gaal.

GOtta agree with you, it really upsets me..how they lie "they tell them(welfare people) they are single mothers yet at the same time the father is at home has no job" Also whenever i see the younger generation doing poorly in school when they have the opportunity..makes me cry redface.gif