Sign in to follow this  
Captivating_SouL

Why are Entertainers paid more than Educaters

Post Preview

I'd like to hear you feedbacks to why more and more entertainers are being paid double-if not triple the amount of money than those educaters whom-may i add guide this nation to brighter days.? I realize that we all need some entertainments one way or another-in order to fullfill lifes means but isn't it more logical to investment on what really matters for the future? For instance' take MJ-one of the famous basketball player - and compare it to school teacher-'You be shocked & amazed of the difference.

For instance entertainers would rather drink their money up than contribute it that-to schools. Cute,build-blonde-browish wavy boys is what it takes to cough up some big money than eager little kids wanting nothing more than to read "Cat In The Cat"..

Nowadays' school administrators are cutting down on supplies-teacher salaries and extra curriculums activities due to the amount of money that's at issue. And entertainers are living the life after line or two in a comedy series. Most of our childhood contained of school related activties-weather that being -making life long friends ova a game of basketball or debatin on speech team.

What is the essentail value we're teaching to our younger generations-? That quitting school is ok- opposed to entertaining jobs? It makes me shiver of the thought-not giving oppourity to curious-activate little boys and girls and how they wanted nothing more than to become a journalist-doctor or artistic phisopher dreams is-no longer at reach and becomes impossible because of the views of the society.

It's pathatic how this world is turning upside down as the days perserve.

I believe- one voice can make difference' by all means- stand up and let it be heard.

p.s haven read some of the artistic favours of style- the nomadic community was sharin- i thought i hit you with vibrating miss Brown_Sugah. Welcome a sistah to the joint and express your reflection-deliberation,rumination & speculations

--------------------

~~True Soul Lays Within~~

Dhimbil   

hello

Brown sugah first welcome and enjoy your stay.

second

like the sying goess "if you can't beat'em join them", so ama have to move to L.A and head start on entertainment career.....cuz i could really use some cash right now.... ;)

seriously though, i understand your point but there is not much we can do about it, it has been like this for centuries.

peace.

Well approach it from this perspective if all our educators took those high paying jobs then we would not had any teachers, instructors, or the growing generation would not have been able to educate themself without the influence of their elders.

However, I would agree with you that this has became a growing national epidemic and if we don't solve it would take more programs and will eventually close more schools for the fact of being without fund.

And also I think Media has a strong and superficial influence in our youngsters, because they will perform what they see, they will act on what they hear, and copycat whatever that actor/actress does in plot. So we need to overcome that as a parents, older siblings, as Americans say Big Brother, Big Sisters watching you we have to exert them more influence than the

media.

Anyhow It's great topic that needs to be discussed in great length.

To Brown Sugah I would say you welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your ideas. smile.gif

Ariadne   

It because in this vapid society we idolize celebrities a good number of people are very close to worshipping them almost. The law is more lenient towrads them than a suprerme court judge. And doctors who save human lives are paid not even a quarter of what these celebrities make sitting still for 2 minutes. Only in western societies does this sad truth exist.

Sophist   

One reason only! Popular CUlture!!!!!

Or perhaps DEmand and Supply! Very Hayekian way of deciding the value of commodity!!!!.

Sophist

Well this is simple

They generate alot of money so they get paid alot of money.

A $10,000,000 movie that makes $300,000,000 is good for the entetainers and directors. You get paid what you produce.

Its a classic example of capitalism

Same goes for sports.

Who do u think made the most money, Jordan or the owner of the chicago bulls?

i have to agree with sixer..cuz in this society sports and other entertainment generate a lot of money so those entertainers are just getting their share of the money..eventhough to us ..what they do and the money they are getting paid doesn't match...cuz some of us would do it fo free..including me...like the nba..those guyz have the best job no matter what any body says..they getting excersise..keeping them healthy..plus they having fun..and on top of that they famous.but bottom line is that they wouldn't earn that amount of money if it wasn't there..just imagine how much those people that own the teams earn..

Capitalism: : an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market.

Wlc to the forum sis.

Thank you all for your feedbacks !- It's true our society is blinded by what is given to them wheather tha being in tv,written or communcating forms. Secondly'for sectionsixer and tamina-yes this is a classic sample of capitalism' and simple economic theories of demand and supply may undertake; but- as someone has mentioned above "if it wasn't our well educated advisor's than; we would be neglected and abdondon of our intellegence-;since no one will work for free.-But is our soceity really this unconscious and unwillingly to go about' other relative solotion?

DeepMac   

DeepMac

i don't know, truely i just stop to drop my name in here.

1 luv

some one rate me, yeah cos me on tha same level 4 two months.

aight

somaliland all star has arrived

3zma1L   

One good example: What do you do most of your time? Reading text Books most of the time? or having a fun around.. entertaining your self with music or something?

If you listen a music or watch a movie, You just help entertainers get rich.

If you don't want them to be rich, Stop buying thier product or using it.

M-tz   

It's simply!

We're witnessing THE TIME when the WISEMAN is considered as a MADMAN!

..and a lowlife as a wiseman!!

Welcome to Akhir-zamaan in action!

Sup.. people.. ramadan kareem, i've never realised this topic was even here... ma bad!! to da sista that started it.. ;) .. anyways from what i read it seems everyone is against entertainers... Correct me if i'm wrong but don't you think some entertainers deserve what they get... To put it in another perspective .. how many of us would be willing to watch a teacher teach or a doctor walk round the hostipal attending to different patients.. Answer .. NONE of US.. therefore its fair to say we contribute to these people's luxury lifes... either by buying their CDs, watching them on TV, going to the 'theater' as many of you US people(would understand) or simply going out to buy a merchandise of your favourite sport-person, rapper and etc..

i totally agree wid u 'B_S' but if educated people were suddenly paid millions to do what they do... how many would you say would carry on with their jobs...? Not many right... imagine if there was one somali person as sportsman/person (don't wanna be sexist to da sisters who are hoping to be sports entertainers..lol)..i think we would all support that person... wouldn't we??

aight i'ma stop now coz i gotta go but... until da next time ma peepz...Stay true...

B_S wlc...lol (better late then neva..lol) :rolleyes: