Sign in to follow this  
SCORPION_SISTA

CLONING

Natural selection has been a common knowledge or educational materials to most of us that attended schools in usa or soforth. To make it short, the concepts of natural selection process are: 1.organisms best adapted to society are more likely to survive and breed.

2.organisms that are less competitive will not pass on their genes.

3.change in environment can cause mix of traits in a population.

Now enters coloning into our generations and it seems to be contradicting in some way to what darwanisim and natural selection has all been about. I mean aren't those coloned species inflected with the same genetic dificiency or physical disablities of original beings because they are just a copy of those individual genes? And if those ppl today that are mentally retard or had other genetic disablities were allowed to replicate a carbon-copy of themselves would they ever as such species survive without human coloning because they supposdely aren't strong and therefore cann't compete or cann't adapt to the society they in?

A man by the name of Herbet Spencer became a contraverlist man when he suggested that a those who are mentally + physically inferior should not be allowed to reproduce so they wouldn't pass their weak genes to another generation. Isn't that contradicting to the idea of coloning, and whom to do u think the scientist would choice to clon i am sure it is not the poor guy sleeping on the streets and ridden with illness. I guess that coloning might be this generations version of natural selection, those that can afford can probably have immurtality, in the end it's probably those ppl that have strong genes, and the fittest in this society today, in another word THE RICH.

so let me know what u guyz think about it, and if u for or against cloning or any of ur thoughts on this subject?

HaHaHaHaHa.

I wouldnt' mind meeting my Super-Smart Super-Intellegent version of me---since, i got neither of those two.

Wait, i just tought of another one, how about clonning females in abundance--so, there is one for each man.

Sorry, its one of those CRAZY meaningless random toughts.

HaHaHaHaHa

hm if i am not mistaken there is abundance of female or atleast each man with one female, in fact in some cournties the ratio of man to female is 3 women per one man, so i don't think that would be something logic or short in supplies rite now.

hm if i am not mistaken there is abundance of female or atleast each man with one female

Bull Crap! Remember, Rape crimes are all but declining. That renders your above statement useless, or list to say--haven't achieved that yet.

HaHaHaHaHaHa.

1:3 male to female ratio? Are you by any chance talking about those GAY arab countries? where they starve young males of sex. I guess, that explains why Arab males rape their female victims annally. Bcuz they have soo much inside----and they letting all out.

O well, but you---say, Magacaa Walaalo. And where do you live.

If you care, i currently have secreterial oppening position. When sending your resume---pls include your pic.

HEY MAN I AM SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YA, BUT RAPE CRIMES ISN'T ABOUT SEX OR THAT MEN THINK THERE IS SHORTAGE OF FEMALES, RAPE IS A CRIME ABOUT CONTROL NOT PASSION. DOMINATION, OVERPOWERING AND ETC.

yeah i did see that movie, but i didn't get that the whole point of the movie to use them for that. it seemed the question was do those artifical robot have feelings that need to be considered, can they be human enough????

as to my age lol i don't see the relefence to it.

but thanx for ur points of view.

WILDCAT   

To bring us back to topic Scorpion...I'm not clear on whether you're talking about cloning within the framework of medicine or cloning as a purely commercial and superficial exercise.

If it's the first...I'm not sure what stance I'd take...if I was dying and they offered me a clone of my own heart good as new...I don't know if I'd refuse.

As for cloning for other reasons like having beautiful babies...or the CIA cloning exceptional figures such as gifted scientists so that they can create all sorts of weird technology for them for generations of clones to come...I think I'd have to pass on that and say a big NO!

There's no escaping the fact the Cat's out of the bag and there's nothing we can do about it...the technology is available...it's already been done openly on animals and I've no doubt paranoid figures like the Bush administration are in the process of cloning themselves as we speak! :D

well wildcat i guess my wording was bit confusing sorry about that i wrote it quickly between classes before the thought escaped my mind u know.

i guess what i was trying to ask or find out was whether cloning process takes away more from human evolution(the natural way it is meant), for things to change as time progress because we as humans/animals trying to adapt to our environment. i mean if they having an exact carbon capy of scorpion_sista or what not, wouldn't it be fair to assume that identical copy would have the same deficit and problems i have, so it wouldn't be easier for it to adapt and evolutionize in every other socity or environment it would be exposed to as would be an offspring of mine that is not identical to my only genetic make-up.

and what also i was trying to say was wouldn't cloning be seen in another way where those whom are richer, stronger, higher intelligence(such as einstein etc) in socities would be those canadiates chosen to be cloned not the average me and you or those poor persons that have disablities or mentally handicaped? Like maybe creating a society that exziptes those traits and personalities that best suited(uthopian societies type of thing)to survive.

so as a total point i was asking wether this technology we are using today would really be worth the price that we have to pay for it later, because to me with every large invention came a high price tag with it i just wanted to see whether u guyz thought the price is worth it or too high of us nomads?

I think cloning will one day be as common and acceptable as test tube babies. When you take away the Hollywood fantasy movies, and the misconceptions about the subject by the public/media, what you will end up is much different picture all together.

Reproducing babies by test tube did not make the natural process of "baby making" an obsolete and cloning will not replace it either. If you think about it humans rarely have reproduction in mind when "making babies". Some of the process associated with cloning are fatal in the fight against some of the deadliest diseases.

On the other hand, I don't think there will be clones for human spare parties, because if two identical twins have different souls, and each and every test tube baby has a soul of its own, then clones will have their own unique soul. If we put aside the ethics question, the act of taking one’s own organs without their consent will be highly illegal in most of the nations. Moreover, if we have clone of Scorpion_sista, she may have the exact DNA structure of you, but she cannot have the same life: mind, soul, life experience and all the stuff that makes up Scorpion_sista. You cannot have immortality without being able to replicate life, and science of course did not claim doing that. Besides the rich being the ones that maybe able to afford this expensive technology can not be a good reason to deny humanity its benefit.

Cheers!

Curly   

Humans Have managed to reproduce themselves for years, what's the problem with the old fashioned way?...okay people are born with defects but hey that’s life isn’t it?

Okay cloning small organs I don’t see as totally bad but where will it stop if we allow that?

Everyone has one life to live make the most of what time you do have instead of trying to preserve it artificially through cloning, honestly test tube babies is one thing but cloning in all respects is totally different...I don’t think anyone has the right to play god!

With cloning animals I believe it was a form of animal cruelty, have you seen some of the defects produced while trying to produce "Dolly the sheep"?

And for humans to be subjected to that is completely inhumane and should never be allowed. :(

I do agree with Darwin to some degree, natural selection is how many animals have come to be what they are to day for example the black speckled moths found in the Uk are proof alone.

Weak species die off but i don't think this can be directly applied to human as human have the abilty to change their environment to suit their needs.

But hopefully we'll stop at just improving our environment instead of changing ourselves. smile.gif

Baashi   

Scorpion..this is good one,

U mentioned Natural Selection...Darwinism is in the defensive..as the creationism packers are mounting a come back...but the whole system (from educational institutions to Wall Street) is instilled that very idea so there is no turning back.

Cloning: Is absolutely and unequivacolly good for the humanity- if it is utilized for medicinal purposes.

But cloning in the sense of instituting better race is definetly bad idea..Hitler's Third Reich is remembered as social darwinist who tried to identify 'gifted' aryans and replicate them..get rid of gays, handicaped germans...so pure aryan nation will lead the humanity as it led before.

Only affluent can afford it now..upper class that is...who? whites!..the fittest of all - as they said - Social stratification! Have u ever read that book: The Bell Curve..hmm! it has an answer for what causes unwed mothers, welfare dependancy, even unemployed...the answer: Intelligence! Where are we (blacks) placed that Gaussian graph..@ the tail of it.

Other implications: Frankenstein scenario - the agency itself may slip from the control of the moralistic acedamic figures into hands of politicians and ultimately may resort social engineering..and u know what is the next step!

Bush is against cloning so was Clinton..go figure!

hey glad to see curly_sue and bashi's input on this topic, u guyz said some really cool and interesting stuff.

Scientific experiements and developments are not stopping anywhere soon it seems that the line is just getting pushed back of what advancment is accuring around as today. Artifical limbs were unheard of and seemed impossible to tackle but look at what we doing today, cloning a whole person!!! My intrest to cloning is directed at why people are approving of this practice? Hitler was mentioned and what he did in his pursuit to achieve the pure race and the whole world to this day is outraged about it. But now with cloning as one of u mentioned, is not going to be avaliable to everyone that wants a mini-them or carbon copy of them! no the ones that would have the opportunities to be cloned they would be are rich, educated, probably heathly, and would be considered those canidates whom are fittest in society, so isn't this another form of someone saying i am going to try to achieve a pure race but people would not be outraged about it today! And would natural selection happen on those cloned indiviudals, would they change over a period of time where they might try to adapt to different environment than the original person were exposed to? it's something for me to ponder upon and see what it really means to human race in all.

again thanx for those that responded recently. peace