Sign in to follow this  
broadway_me

What About Our Generation

It is quite devastating and bullish to think about the conditions somali ppl are in today. Yes, thanz to GOD we are all seeking refuge in some western nations and other countries around the world.Yes, thanxz to GOD some if nt all of us have learned few things here and there(in terms of education and so forth),but what good will all that do for us if there is no home. What good and pride does it really give us when ur/our nation is trumpling with the passage of time. And may be sooner or later there might not be any nation known as SOMALIA! I might be wrong or right, i might be feeling a sense of loss when it comes to nationalisim or i might be feeling that the best is already gonne with the wind. However,what role can we (late generation) play in order to bring a sense of peace and brotherhood among our ppl. What can we(our Genration) do above all to establish one nation, one ppl and one land ( for we are the only country in the world with one religion and one lang).

Broadway (duqa_DC)

later ppl.

Originally posted by broadway_me:

What can we(our Genration) do above all to establish one nation, one ppl and one land ( for we are the only country in the world with one religion and one lang).

Those are very valid questions u ask.

In theory, there's much we can do as a generation...but in practice? I don't kno.

Muslimah   

Bismillahi Ar-Rahmani Ar-Rahim

All praises are due to Allaah alone. He praise Him, we seek His help and His forgiveness.

I don't know the answer to your question. But I do know this: Nationalism is a very very dangerous thing. Like you said, we are one umma under one religion. Furthermore, Allaah states that He does not change the condition of a ppl unless they change themselves. We must come back to Allaah in sincerity and in repentance before anything can be accomplished. Patience is key to success. We must also look at why we want our own homeland. Is it so we can claim a piece of the land pie? Or is it so we can establish a nation based on the laws of Allaah?

If I have stated anything incorrect it is from my self and the shaytan. If I have stated anything good, it is from Allaah alone, the Most High. O Allaah accept this from me. Dear reader please say amin.

H   

walaalayal this is a very sensitive topic that we can't even put all what's in our heartz.

one of da most important things iz 2 over come our differences as we are ppl wid da same religion n' speak 1 lang.

Peace4Eva

Couldnt agree more with HASI, we are indeed brothers and sisters and u would think the fact that we speak one Lang and we are blessed enough to have been born into the deen of of islam national unity would not be such an enigma. However we cannot change wot has happened in the past and we just have to work with the situation we have now.

Allahmadulilah it some a significant minority of use are now finishing higher education in various countries around the world and are now starting to pose these important questions.

Inshallah in the not to distant future these hypothetical discussion will become something more tangible and furitfull for somali ppl, espcially our ppl back home.

We are labeled as WAR TIME GENERATION X I hate to be pessimistic but I don't c any future in going back to our homeland because we see a growing pattern that is warlord after warlords we hear new warlords being named every day before our own eyes, and even their children are following their footsteps. So I don't think our generation will see their homes back may great grand or so.

we are a nation without people

PUNTLAND   

Asalamu calaykum,

Brothers and sister, honestly, I don't know what to call my identity. Truly we are like lost boys of Sudan. I believe such this article will bring our final thougths and ideas collectively.. :confused: . Wake up Somalis, and glance the lost paradise. Think critically, and initiate positive solutions, no matter its patterns.

Thanks all nomads

Very good topic waxaan jeclahay in aan ku darsado

marka qofkasta oo inaga mid ah(Somali)uu wax noqdo

kayaan jira markaas ayuu wadankeenu wax jira noqon karaa hadii kale xumbo+xumbo

xumbo=xumbo