Sign in to follow this  
Dantay1

what hope have we???????

Dantay1   

Somali’s and self hate

10 million with a country as large as Western Europe (slight exaggeration) , who seems destined to cause as much self-harm as possible.

We have destroyed our environment yet all we do is care about the well being of our clan, of our region and of ourselves.

If the sea is looted of its resources, if the trees are cut, if the cities are not managed, if the child starves and we don’t care because he/she is not our clan then what hope have we got?

What hope when in the UK a foreign land we are struggling we are poor and the pressure is left with our ladies? When in these cold streets our young are lost, bitter with failure resentful of the parents who dropped them, when Kasser Osman and others die and there is no outcry. What hope when there are ever increasing number of AIDS and we don’t even know the numbers, as long as they are not my brothers or sisters.

The chewing of the qad has made the men ugly, physically and mentally; they spend more time with a so-called friends than with their women folk, what hope have we if the fathers don’t raise the young properly?

“Somali’s cant do this, they are not good enough” this and similar statements comes out of the Somali mouths on a regular basis. What hope have we if we don’t believe in our people and ourselves?

We call ourselves Muslims yet we kill and support evil schemes; we only respect the scripture on Ramadan. What hope have we when we don’t respect the religious leaders?

We spend on a wedding day; we save and struggle so we can prove to our friends and relatives that even I can rent a limousine. Even I can live it up in a Hilton hotel. For once I can forget that I am poor, that my people are poor and that tonight I can forget to be Somali. What of marriage if it is not done according to the law? If the couple don’t plan for the future, what hope have we when even the sacred union is taken for granted?

Somalia awaits the return of its sons and daughters. Those, who have and still struggled in the Diaspora, Somalia will get better and united when those who are most bitter unite with each other and try to strive for a better life here in the cold west.

……………………………………………………………………………………..

Now I can’t remember the reason for all this waffle, but it seemed a good idea at the time

Alhamdulillaahi rabil-'aalameen, was-salaatu was-salaamu 'ala nabeeyinaa muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa ashaabihi wa man tabi'ahum bi ihsaanin ila yawmid-deen, amma b'ad:

Salaamu Alaikum,

Your viewpoints are well moulded and express in general an excellent snap-shot of succint somalian pyschology and concepts representing perpetual re-current pugnacious circumstances we face on a daily basis since the disintegration of our homeland.

May I stretch this argument to include the possible solutions that might dilute hatred and tribalism. As long as the aforementioned are rooted in depth of our brothers and sisters' hearts somalia indeed will lose any opportunity of salvation and peace prevailing.

Firstly, we must ponder on the function of tribe ? Why do we have tribes in the majority of societies ? The intellectual shall say " merely to recognise each other, for if we were all standardised we cannot differentiate and apppreciate uniqueness of creation." Does tribe have any real foundations ? Similarly the learned shall state " no it has not no one decides which tribe to be born amongst." Does tribalism gurantees success? Obviously the opposite effect happens to tribalistists.

From my understanding of general life Islam should be utilised to immune oneself from tribalism and hatred. We must remember that Islam teaches us that "The Believer is like a mirror to his brother, If he sees a fault he shall take steps to correct them." Taking this notion into consideration, we us Muslims are one brotherhood.

What is more, Somalis have been blessed with a substantial majority of Muslim population (99%). Sharing the true way of life (Islam) by itself alone should be sufficient to unite us as one.

W.Salaam,

Mujahid over and out !

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

I Agree with both of youse. The only hope we have is The Rahmatul Laah. & for us to change our attitude towards Allah. In that way we will get our reword but if we continue to go on like this, we will be lost nation. Like Allah said in the Qur'aan qofkii cibaada deyda ka jeesta ana waan ka jestaa. (Ilahay ayaan ka magan galnay taa).

P.s Dantay1 I thought we r only 7 Million not 10. I remember reading 7 Million from a lot of tex books. After the war we were like 5 million cuz some left & the other died occording to one book. Allahu yaclam. ;)

Muslimah   

Bismillahi Ar-Rahmani Ar-Rahiim

All praises are due to Allaah alone. We praise Him, we seek His help and His forgiveness.

To proceed:

Mashaa Allaah,great points Mujahid and Buubto.

I would like to elaborate----dont I always? smile.gif

The Prophet, pbuh, told a story (obviously a tru one) about a certain ppl of the past. These ppl of a certain area were very wicked and of the most wretched of ppl on the face of the earth. Allaah ordered for the destruction of these ppl. The Angels replied that there is a pious family amongst those ppl and that they should be saved b/c of their piety. Allaah said no and to start the destruction of the ppl wit the pious family.

So what do we learn from this? To worhsip Allaah on ur own and to stay way from the ppl is not enough b/c a muslim must enjoin the good and forbid the evil. To be a "good" muslim but at the same time not standing up 4 what is correct is hypocritical. Such actions have brought about the destruction of ppl.

So what does this have to do with the situations of the Somalis? Many of us think that "If I'm good and not bother anyone, I'm safe". Think again. Anytime we see anything wrong, we should do what we can to correct it. Something as little as good advice will suffice. Somalis let ppl get away wit anything and everything especially if its their own family/tribe members. This is one of the reasons why we are in such a situation.

There is no easy or quick solution. Remember that Allaah states in the quraan that He does not change the condition of a ppl until they change themselves.

If I have stated anything wrong, it is from myself and the shaytaan. If I have stated anything good it is from Allaah, the Most High alone. O Allaah accept this from me. Dear reader plz say amin.

Bachelor   

Thanks to all of you, Well said indeed.

We all seems to agree that this good nation with poor people should be roled by Islamic law. What we need is the broadest most open discussion of what's going on, in search of some kind of realistic solution to this " immoral and baseless " crisis that becomeing less soluble by the day.

No question that majority of the population wheater inside or outside somalia are exhausted of this sensless blood-shed. Each and every somali I have asked feels the same way on this issue wondering when will this end? One who claim to be a Muslim ought to be optimisitc. The Marcy of Allah is beyond our immagination. Lets not merely hope whereas do something about it. Any idea where we can start? dont under estimate your potential.