Sign in to follow this  
nuune

somalia is a backward country: says waris dirie

First of all I want to say that this lady is full of it and she caught the western disease LIES AND FABRICATIONS that's, I find her story very amusing and I could not stop laughing when I read sentences from her book "desert Flower" and this particular sentence made me laugh the most.

"It was during one of these naps that a slight sound woke me. I opened my eyes and was staring into the face of a lion. I tried to stand, but I hadn't eaten in days, so my weak legs wobbled and folded beneath me. I slumped back against the tree that had sheltered me from the merciless African sun. My long journey across the desert had come to an end. I was unafraid, ready to die.

"Come and get me," I said to the lion. "I’m ready."

The big cat stared at me, and my eyes locked on his. He licked his lips and paced back and forth in front of me, elegantly, sensuously. He could crush me in an instant.

Finally he turned and walked away, no doubt deciding that I had so little flesh, I wasn't worth eating."

is this true I mean the a big lion that did not want to eat her......I don’t know maybe its true and maybe her whole story is true but in my opinion this is more fabricated then the X-Files.

Miriam1   

Salam

LOOOOL "Big lion come and eat me" hahahah,

she has the writing skills of a 9 yr old. All the writings i read in her website made me laugh so hard.More than anyting i feel uterly sorry for her, she as no pride in her culture, no ancesotory to define her identity.

Poor Poor lost child,may god forgive her , she insulting no one but herself. In case she did forget she is SOMALI.

Nazra   

Don't get me wrong somali is the place to be..love my people love my culture and i love everything about somalia.

My dear brotherz and sisterz waris is actually right..come on i mean we have a home land called somali yet ppl are eating each other due to some tribe and clans stuff..now tell me SOMALIA IS NOT A BACKWARD COUNTRY???? :confused:

Istaahil   

hey it kills me to see what people will do for money.

dont worry nuune bro wasnt it her that sold herself to prostitution, who really even read that book. what bout emaan.

my chemistry teacher told me she read their books and if the stories were true, man i felt smaller than a ant coz europeans believe anything in a book, but hey thats us somalis when we see a bit of luxury and abroad countries.