Sign in to follow this  
nuune

somalia is a backward country: says waris dirie

nuune   

how damn and dumb she does uaflagaadeesay our beautifull country,in her new book she called that somalia is the most backward country than the rest of the world!! i find it offensive,really,i was going to see her to give my anger on her face when she was in dublin about two weeks ago,but i missed the chance!!

Bachelor   

Nuune!

I understand your furstration and anger which comes from your patriotism. However Who is she? what is her book? please be more specific its totally ambiguous.

nuune   

sorry bachelor,i didn't give more informarion about who is she,because i thought everyone knows her,she is a somali model lived in the west for many years.and by the way this is her second book.

i think you better get that book in book stores,the name of the book is: desert dawn,the first book is called:desert flawer.

DraGon   

nuune

Is it worth it to get that book???? Should I spend my money on unsubstantiated remarks???

I had the opp. of meetin this woman and let say this i think she has an IQ of 16 yrs. old.

Walahi I aint kiddin.

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

She is lost lady that only got left fame in her life, which she is taking the advantage of getting sympathy from the west by lying. She humiliated our ppl in both her books, on the media, TV, Newspapers & magazines. Her countless attacks on Somalis are way out of control. So I don’t think she even worth being mentioned or even being concerned what she says. Nomads I would not recommend u to waste ur money on her books, u won’t found other than anger & humiliations so safe ur $$ or give it up for charity. I read her frist book & it was complete lie :mad: I couldn’t even finish the book. Waad ku danbaabi walaahi xanaaq awgii.

Bachelor just visit this link u would find info of her

http://www.fgmnetwork.org/articles/Waris.htm Especially look under CHILD OF THE DESERT, BECOMING WOMEN & THE MARRIAGE. That will tell u what a lier she really is.

DAD   

I did a quick search on google and came back with these......

I was around 13 when came home one evening and called, "Come here," in a soft voice. Normally he was very stern, so I began to feel suspicious.

He sat me on his knee. "You know," he began, "you've been really good." Now I knew something serious was up. "You've been working hard as any man, taking good care of the animals. And I want you to know I'm going to miss you very much."

When he said this, I thought he was afraid I was going to run away like my sister, Aman, had when he had tried to arrange her marriage.

I hugged him. "Oh, Papa, I'm not going anywhere."

He pulled back, stared at my face and said, "Yes, you are, my darling. I found you a husband."

"No, Papa, no!" I shook my head. "I'm not going to marry."

How about this one, icon_razz.gif

"Hello," I said in the iciest voice I could muster.

The old fool just sat there grinning at me. I stared at him in horror. I looked at my father, and when he saw my face, he realized his best tactic was to shoo me away so I didn’t scare off my prospective husband. "Go finish your chores," he said.

I ran back to my goats.

Early the next morning my father called me. "You know that was your future husband."

"But Papa, he's so old!"

"That's the best kind. He's too old to run around. He's not going to leave you. He'll look after you. And besides," Papa grinned proudly- "he's giving me five camels."

I am done laughing on that one.

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

nuune   

i wouldn't say you should buy this book.

myself, i don't even want to buy tis book,tis really waste of money and your times!!!

she is the worst somali model i have ever seen!!!

look iman(another somali model),if you read what she says about our country,you will really love that,i don't care who is she,but how she uamaantay our country is really heart-tauching,forget about the model or fashion stuffs!!!

Blessed   

I actually like Imans attitude about Somalis, though her book was a little to x-rated for my liking. ( I am keeping it hidden in my bottem drawer, to protect my poor mother from a heart attack, should she come across it)

Anyways, I got weris's book the other day and although I haven't finished reading it ... it got me thinking about what could possibly make someone hate themselves so much ....

And you know what... I don't really blame her for her attitude, we have different societies within Somalia and lets face being a reer baadiye who found riches in America, one cannot be mad with the sister for acting the way she does. Most of us are city kids and had it good. She lived geeljire life hardcore before discovering the glitters of the west (having it better then most of us city kids).

Lets face it , wey ilbaxdey and good for her too. My I can't imagine myself being too enthusiatic about life in the baadiye in comparison to city life anywhere inthe world!

If truth be told, women in those sides don't have it good...

I don't take her comments about somalis to heart at all, it is apparent to all that she ain't the average Somali gal she tries to be.

Which brings me back to Iman, she was an educated, regular modern day Somaaliyad and thats why she has all those positives to say about our culture.... she wasn't a geeljirad, her dady didn't give her camels, she didn't had to herd, she didn't have to live with harshness the baadiye offered women .. what could she complain about?

I am not defending those that try to kill our reputation and I think someone should give that Weris gal a good slap in the face ...but there is no point in being mad.

Damn, I can go on sometimes ... excuse me!

ladane   

I agree with Ameena and say you are rite sista

Waris is ceeb to all Somalis and I dont like even to hear her name I would not say she does that because she is reer baadiye but because she lack any self-esteem infact she is the lowest person on this earth. I was horrified to see her sitting in front of television in a daylight attacking her father calling him words that I cannot mention it. But worst came when she was asked how old is she her reply "I do not know my age as in common with most Somalis...we were born in baadiye and therefore we do not know our ages..all what we say is a guess"

Our nomads in baadiye are not anything near her, indeed they are geeljire in lifestyle but they are the most dignified and would never put their country and people down

On the issue of Iman, though I do not agree with her career as a model but I must say that she has the highest respect for her people and her country and I respect her for that

Wow WOw..wait a minute here! why is every jumping on her just because she was reer baaddiye!what is wrong with being that? since the majorities of somalis are all nomads.

And After reading the article above i didn't see anything bad she said about the country, she talked about the FGM and the tough life she had.

If everything she said she went through is true then she is really a true survivor and ya should get off her back...

PS Aint't true that somalia is been going backwords? so what is wrong with saying the truth?

I read "Desert Flower" and honestly, there was nothing offensive or degrading about it. The girl was just talking about her life back in baadiyeland. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I think what bothers ya all is the fact that she got molested in Somalia(about 2-3times) as a child...you're all just not willing to admit this fact, innit? NEWS FLASH = HAPPENS STILL!!!

I'd personally like to know whats bothering all of U? is it that fact she exposed the Somalis as they are? Its not all bariis, basto and everything nice down there U know ;)

Somalia is a backward country, no doubt...so what if she sayz like it is..I second that = Somalia is a backward country.

-------------

The 1st step to solving a problem is recognizing its there

nuune   

athena,look,we really don't care if u say somalia is a backward country for a milion time,i can say that if i want,the thing is:this book is read all over the world and what she said about our country is regarded as true...

and by the way athena,we are not talking about here her first book which is:desert flawer!!!

we are here discussing her second book:desert dawn

so you should know what we are talking about before you blame us loool!!!!

nuune, U LIL BABY! Somalia's backwardness is as universal as the english language...every1 who is any1 knowz it, so some woman mentioning it in her book will not change the facts. Learn to accept your country for what is....

'What she said about "our" country is regarded as true' ... yEAH..cuz it is true.

Somebody said they felt like puking after reading the 1st book...I was replying to them.

You people are a JOKE :rolleyes: , What do you care what some ex-model wrote on her book?

And what makes you think everyone who reads her book will think bad about somalis? people are not as stupid as you all seem to think.

You are giving her way too much credit, Waris is a person who is somali, she doesnot represent all that is SOMALI, she is an individual, so why dont y'all cut back on the drama redface.gif .

And by buying her books and reading it, you helped her make money, so the joke is on you....lol :D

xoxox