Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Polygamy

Samafal   

Well said mujahid there, i couldnt say better.

Jeleousy always existed from the day allah created the sons of Adam. Even the prophet's wives felt jeleous some of the times and it is natural for women to suffer such emotional feeling when their husbands marry another wives.

But it is important that they dont commit extravagant actions that could lead them the anger of the creatot, allah. It is important to remember allah whenever a woman encounters such things. May allah guide to his guidance. Ameen

Salaamu Alaikum Yacquub,

I agree as usual with you my fellow nobleman. You know the Surah that starts with yaa ayuhal nabiyu lima tuxarimu maa axala lahu laka tabtaqii mardaata azwaajik walahu qafuuru raxiim... (Surah Taxarim) Allah gives the revelation due to the Prophet's wives making an error to correct them and warn them of their error :

" Casaa rabahuu in dalaqakuna an yubdilhu azwaajan khairan minkuna muslimaatin muminaatin qaanitaatin caabidaatin saa'ixaatin thaa'ibaatin wa abkaara."

So my brother you are right women are emotional and do make emotional errors but there is no point in being jealous.

W/Salaam,

Mujahid over and out !

P.S. Please use capital A for Allah to show respect to the One Above. smile.gif

MaandeeQ   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatulahi Wabarakaatuh

Ofcourse, we all know that polygamy s permitted in Islam. However, as sis Indhadeeq pointed out, Allaahu Qafuurul Raxiim gave women the choice of whether to accepted or ask to be released Bil Macruuf.

Honestly, I rather live my life without a man instead of sharing him with another woman, simply coz I know I don't have the ability to handle it.

Even Allah said in his Kitaabih Al-Kariim....

Laa Yukallifu Allaahu Nafssun Illaa Wasacahaa

Sadaqa Allaahu Allcadiim

Men are naturally Polygamous - Why do you think so many men in the West r having affairs with other women? - I think it's better for a man to be above board than have illicit affairs.

However; If my husband were to take a second wife, and we made an agreement, I would not be against it - I don't think it's unfair that I have to obey whats in the Book.

For those of you who wish to ask for a divorce or remain single then to share your Abdi the Prophet (SCW) described getting/staying married as completing half of your religion! - So don't miss out regardless of wife #2,3,or 4 smile.gif

petite   

men are naturally polygamous..true. I couldn't agree with that more. Like some of the people said, polygamy is HALAAL whether we like it or not. But what I observed in the somali community is nin dabadiisu beec tahay aa labo naag guursanaayo..go figure.

You know I read somewhere once that Cali (rc) wanted to marry a second wife (along with fatima, daughter of the prophet(scw)). Fatima feeling bad about this went and talked to her father about it...the prophet (scw) called cali and OUTRIGHT discouraged him from taking a second wife. So, I think the idea of discouraging one's husband from taking a second wife isn't XARAAM.As long as you know that allah made it xalaal for him.

So for me, I have lately discovered that I am a jealous woman.And not in the whining, complaining kinda of way...I can very quicky turn cold and dismiss someone out of my life..so my lil hubby will no longer be my hubby if I have to share him. So he will have to choose between keeping in being married to my wonderful self...or that other woman. Lol.

salam

first thing is first, polygomy in Islam is not the exception it is the rule, most of the sahaba and the prophet(pbuh) practised it. so if you wanna follow on those foot steps you should and also, you should learn about how they use to treat their wifes.

patite, i think what you said about Ali(RA) and the Prophet (pbuh)

i never heard of and if that was the case, why did the prophet marry 11 wifes and deny his nephew the pleasure of having more than 1.

p.s.

remember whatever we say in this life, will come to testify for u or against you.

petite   

think tank. I'm kinda insulted by your implications..because i would NEVA tell tales about our propher (scw). I use words like "i heard somewhere.." just so that I don't come off as overbearing. But i think i need to tell you that the story I wrote above is TRUE..for a fact.I just don't know where i READ it. To tell you more..CALI (rc) wanted to marry the daughter of Abu jahal (who had reverted). And the nabi (scw) exact words were "how are you gonna bring the daughter of ninka ugu khairka badan in this world and the daughter of ninka sharta badan (abujahal0 in the same house?"

About the prophet (scw). He married 11 wives..yet the rest of the muslim ummah is only allowed FOUR. That is just one of the things oo u gaar ah nabigeena (scw). Oh..and did you know that Aisha (rc) was the only VIRGIN bride of the prophet (scw)?. All the rest were widows he was helping out..back in the day a widow was a finished woman...at the bottom of the food chain.

peace out

lol   

Abdinuur: U r still looking for wifey numero uno...how can u start topics on polygamy??.. just thinking.. but as far as the topic goes, I won't mind sharing my husband as long as he is willing to share me with others!..Its only fair that way!!

Motor Cycle: "treat her like an old crumby car and trade her for a younger one"... I think this line of urs covers ur opinion of women.. i am rather disappointed. All u did was insult women! I won't respond to u coz u r not worthy of such an honor!

JaneDoe   

The whole idea is GROSS-the only excuse for it is that men are *******s who are over occupied by sex and the thought of sex 24/7...its actually a "fad" amongst some in these parts!Sad! :(

Motor Bike guy...whatever! Your obviously in need of attention from the opposite sex and I'm not going to be the one who satisfies your current appetite!!Sorry! :cool:

Alhamdulillaahi rabil-'aalameen, was-salaatu was-salaamu 'ala nabeeyinaa muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa ashaabihi wa man tabi'ahum bi ihsaanin ila yawmid-deen, amma b'ad

Salaamu Alaikum,

I keep repeating to people that we should not discuss about polygamy without knowledge. Polygamy works perfect and it is good and already a decreed matter. In every command we are given we should obey and every prohibition we should keep away. We do not have any decision or opinion on it just accept it and submit.

" It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision." (33:36)

The Prophet (SAW) taught us:

" If I prohibit you anything, stay away from it. And If I commanded you anything, do as much of it as you are able to do."

Wabi Allahi Tawfiq.

Muslimah   

Bismillahi Ar-Rahmani Ar-Rahim

All praises are due to Allaah. We praise Him, we seek His help and His forgivenss.

I would like to say Jazakumullaa Khairan to Mujahid and Petite. You both eloquently spoke the truth.

I would like to elaborate: Jealously is natural. It's an indicator of how much you care/love something. If I saw my husband chatting to a woman that wasn't mahram, I would be jealous. But there are limits to it. When the Prophet pbuh offered marriage to Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, she replied that she was a jealous woman. The Prophet,pbuh, made du'a for her. For myself I would allow my husband to marry another wife because he would be helping another muslim complete half their deen. Of course I would be jealous but everything is a test. Allaah loves those who are patient. O Allaah make me of those who are patient.

If I have stated anything incorrect it is from myself and the shaytaan. If I have stated anything good, it is only from Allah, the Most High. O Allaah accept this from me. Dear reader please say amin.

salam

first thing first Petite sorry if i offended u.

Ali (ra) said, " Islam is not a matter of opinion"

to elaborate on this, let me say that we all know what is decreed upon us. to which option you we choose thats for us to know, there is no need blabber about it. some of things we say might affect some1 n u'll be accountable for dat inspiration.

wasalam

3zma1L   

Thanks to Allah... That it is not a compulsory to marry more than one. I can't even find the one, let alone thinking of two or more.