Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Polygamy

Dalni   

Originally posted by EzMaCiL:

Thanks to Allah... That it is not a compulsory to marry more than one. I can't even find the one, let alone thinking of two or more.

Any luck yet? ;)

Originally posted by think_tank:

Ali (ra) said, " Islam is not a matter of opinion"

to elaborate on this, let me say that we all know what is decreed upon us. to which option you we choose thats for us to know, there is no need blabber about it. some of things we say might affect some1 n u'll be accountable for dat inspiration.

Okay, I'm not entirely sure if I understand. I understand there's no need for discussion on whether certain things should or should not be done, as the Quran already decreed what is permissable and what isn't. However, are you also saying that we shouldn't talk about our choices and our opinions regarding things that Allah made halaal for us.

It's like saying we're not allowed to say that we don't like the taste of grapefruit because it is too bitter, because Allah (swt) made it halaal. As long as we don't actively try discourage others from what Allah has provided for them, I don't see what's wrong with expressing our own views. Just by exercising our right to choose doesn't mean we're guilty of anything if someone else decides that they agree with me. Everything you say might affect somebody in this world, you can't use that as a reason not to speak of anything. Especially if it's not xaraam, like it's not xaraam to decide not to marry somebody who already has a wife. It's a choice. And for the record, if somebody was "inspired" by my choice not to marry a polygamous man, in most cases it's probably something they already wanted to do, regardless of my opinion.

I don't think it's bad of a woman to reject a man who wants to marry another. To preserve the peace in the family, I think it's better for the man to find a like-minded partner anyway.

Bess.   

hello....

about polygamy....i heard that reason it was brought about was because all the muslim men were dying in the wars...and the islamic population which was just starting wasn't really going to recover from such a loss ..so it was a way to enlarge them....it was not for men in todays's society to exploit it and use as a way to sleep with as many women as they can .....

ps. like i said i only heard it...im not sure its true or where i even heard it...but it sounds true....if not... im sorry....

Basbaaso walaal am currently married with two kidz and ama mujihd fighting the war in Iraq(Takbiiir)! AS I may die so soon, i urgently

require a second wife so i can atleast have more boys(if allah permits).

The bulk of my message basbaaso is how abt we get married heh? :D:D

If ur explosive as ur nick says nver mind i can handle dat smile.gifsmile.gif

I will be waiting to hear from uuuu

Sakina   
The Prophet said: "Any one who has two wives and does not behave with them with justice and shows more inclination to one than the other, he will be ressurrected on the Day of judgement, and one side of his body will be dragged along the ground till at last he shall enter fire."

<< YOU KNOW WHAT smile.gif I have three wives and now looking for the fourth one...

Adiga yaanad noqon mida afarad lol..

fikir ahaan iyo caafimaadkaba waxaaa u fiican ninka inuusan ka yareynin afar ... :cool:

juba   

i heard the same story about polygamy too besbasso. i think it made sense then but now it doesn't. there really is no need to have more than one wife and it is pretty uncommon anyway because its so hard to provid for four wives and their children.

i think it would cause jeoulosy and conflict b/w the different wives and children. i couldn't imagine a family like that ever living in peace.

I was arguing with Sheikh brother Nur about this issue for one whole week. I have repeated myself over n over again but for the last time I will say it no one is sharing my man with me....if I ain't good enough for him then theres a way out, divorce the bloody geaser! Life is too short i can't afford to be miserable for the rest of my life. bloody hell!

I promised myself that when I get married (if-insha-allah) I will make him sign a contract about this issue....if theres breach of contract then I shall be happily divorced

Polygamy should be banned. It's unfair for women and an insult to Love.

Polygamy came at a moment when men were dying in wars and women's status was low. It's not the case anymore.

Polygamy is a constant humiliation for a women and bring many problems to the husband.

If there is a woman out there who is not against, she is probably ignorant and dumb.

Blessed   

^^Of coures; you on the other hand is both smart and enlightened because you know better than the AlMighty!

*clap, clap* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

lol@ Jalaqsan

You say that now..

Originally posted by Shabella:

I think IF one truly loves her husband then she will let him marry however much he wants. DOnt be selfish ladies
:D

NO NO! If one truly loves her husband, she will keep him to herself - Alone, satisfied. :D

amenah my sister tut tut tut.....sis you mark my words hon....It's either my way or the highway! the idea of him being with some1 else it's killing me let alone.....arghhh I don't even want to think about it