Sign in to follow this  
ARAWEELO

How do you feel about children beaten up by their parents

Kool_Kat   

Any parent on his/her right mind would not beat up their children... There's a difference beween beating up a child and spanking them...

I would definately spank a child if he/she is out of line... But beating them would be abuse... Children are little human, but they don't know right from wrong... That's why there are parents to guide them... I believe yelling or just talking to them everytime they get out of line solves anything... Cuz they're always gonna think, what's the worst that could happen "GET YELLED AT"... How is that child gonna learn anything... But if a child does something wrong, and you talk to them at first, and if they repeat it I think the punishment should be harder than talking to them or sending them in their room...

So, in other words... Beating a child up is a NO No... But spanking them, to show them that they are out of line, is a YES YES... :cool:

Blessed   

Tamina,

Great Suggestion, I'll look into that!

Libin,

Most definately, we need to do some more research and we can certainly learn alot more diciplinary practices from other cultures ... if only our people were more willing!

Btw, You've made some really good comments!

Anywways, beating might have worked in a society where every adult had the right to beat children, but it doesn't work in the society we live in now!

All those who are in support of it, what is the point in instilling fear in your child? What happens when your beats looses its affect?

Beating is only a temporary solution, your better of gainning the respect of your kid!

Salaan...

AAABO, WALAAHI MA SAMEYNIN!! Naa xaliimo, isii bakoorada yaqeey.

Dhakab.

War ha iga celin dhaaf.

AAAAH!! AABO WAA TUGAA!!! GARKAA AA HEESTAA!! Idhaaf ha iga celin. Idhaaf yaqeey, waa edebdarsadey. AABOO, AABOOOO!!! AAAAAH!!! AABO GARKAA IYO JILBAHAA AA KUU HEESTAA!! MARDANBE MA U NOQONAAYI!!!

Naa xaliimo hadii iga celisid adi bee bakoorada ku taqanaa.

Excuse for that little qeylo. Cunug yar lee la saqarjoojinaayi, and noo hold your breath--don't call that Nayn-Nayn-Wan {911} number yet. It was only a pre-jimicsi, wali istumoowgii weynaa mala gaarin oo WASHAMSI iyo ISTUNKA camal ahaa.

Macsalaama!!

DJUK   

MAN A LITTLE PAIN NEVER HURT ANYBODY

I MEAN THERE IS NO USE IN BEATING A CHILD WITHOUT SHOWING THEM THE REASON 4 WHICH THEY WERE BEATEN,

BUT IF A CHILD TOUCHES FIRE AND FEELS THE PAIN I GUARANTEE U THEY WONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN

Back in Somalia we got hit even at school for wrong answers on our homework. Not just parents and neighbors but teachers too!

However, spanking is different from beating a child in anger. Spanked children are better behaved than children who have not been spanked.

Have you ever been to a supermarket or somewhere and the child is screaming, just raging out of control through the isles? or some other equalling embarrassing place? I know those children weren't spanked.

Spanking should not be to create tears or welts, but modify behavior. It should express your disapproval rather than your obvious strength over one smaller than you. A couple taps and a verbal admonition should be enough to get any child to behave.

It worked on me and my siblings very well. Praise when they are good everytime, and punish when they are bad. Never let the bad behavior slide and you should have a Well Mannered Adult in a few years.

God Bless.

Ariadne   

In my opinion (notice how I start it out with in my opinion...cuz thats just what it is MY OPINION icon_razz.gif ) okay back to seriousness (is their such a word??) okay for the second time back to the point (lol). I feel parents should not be to authoritorian with their children or too kind at the same time you need a good mix of both thats why its best to be authoritative. Its being kind to your kids when kindness and understanding is needed and being desciplining at the same time. Such as when they break something instead of punishing the corperally punish them by making them pay for it by taking it out of their allownace money they will think twice about it next time instead of hitting them or making them sit out.

Thunder   

Salaama calaykum

It is wrong to beat up kids period no electric wire or hard fist from dad achieves anything. But how do you talk to kids about right and wrong, and how do you tell them to do what you want them to do?

By beating kids each time they spill milk, or came home little later then they was suppose to teach them that all undesired actions or inactions require a beating, and since no one ever talked to them and told that what they have done was wrong adn they shouldn't wrongs, they lack the ability to settle disputes verbaly. When these children grow and face undesired situations thier first reaction is usually violence. This and other reasons is why there are wars in the world. If children are told between right and wrong verbally, then when they grow and became leaders discussions is what they'll be acustomed to rather then call on thier military.

Children should be told what is right and wrong, and other forms of punishments (say no allawence, tv..etc) should be used.

Adna   

Salaama calaykum

Firs of all we all agreed Dilka ciyaalka was wrong Idea but i beleave some of the kids hadaadan dilin they will never listen to you but some times you don't have to in aad disho Do you know what you can use What my parents used to do was (INDHI-GADUUDIS)malagu dilaayo laakiin digniin so,Now i hard worker but steel i don't beleave dil is not good solution, i know one kid who's in my family she really crazy waxaa waaye kindgarden you know mafariisanayso xataa then schoolka they gave report to her parents if they don't teach her how to behave she ain't gonna be first grater next fall so like that one needs peat up but my kid i will never peat up i will use (indho-gaduudis) and it's good lesson for the kid peace and love keep it up smile.gificon_razz.gif

lol   

I don't think we should talk about issues like this> Parents do have rights to beat their kids when they go astray. We don't have anything called " child abuse"...however,if i respond to ur Q, I think I have the right to talk n beat my child as the need arises! In that way he/she will be better child n better person in the future!!

I think its 100% ok and sometimes very important to displine ur children by hitting them NOT Beating them up. It something i rember vividly as i was a child nightmare but i new that i was wrong and that my parents where keeping me in check, and this when i was as little as 5 years old. So long as the parents really love the children and children know this from an early age then there is no problem in my opnion and u ask anyone who was raised otherwise and i wouldnt be supprised to here that they laxity to which the parents approaced displined ment that the respect between them was'nt so strong.

Anyway thats my personal opinion drawing from my childhood.

sMiLeY   

i think it's ok to punish them with lil slap on their behind or hands........ it's ok as long as u do'nt leave marks........ i was beaten when i was young......and i think that was good for me.....it made stop a lot of things...... plus some children don't listen they only feel.....so when they feel lil pain they stop.....that's all i have.

3zma1L   

If it Works, (I mean beating) It would have worked with my Madrasa Teacher. I have been to his school for more than 11 years, and guess what, I have learned nothing from him.

He was an Old fashioned guy who saw evil in football which I was addicted to it. He did every sort of beating to stop me playing football.

At last, which was too late, he came up with one Idea.. "Hey, You can play football, but promise that you come to my school everyday"

I never had any problem with my father or mother. Maybe, I was a polite kid or they gave me the freedom to be who I am.

I believe that kids can be good and responsible if you be the same to them. There are times that kids do weird things.. when this happens, kiss them with an honest face and tell them that you dont like this to happen again.

BUT if you beat them, they will be doing this somewhere away from you...

H   

Jeah i thought may be 2 say this (beatin-up kids just make them used 2 beatin and @ da end beatin will not even be able 2 bring da kid under control! so it's better 2 use words and adivice...

so what do u think iz better!!?