Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

This thread is for the ladies ONLY...guys please exit the back door

Hibo   

Indhadeer:

Sis let me save u a lot of future heartache: U say hello, he says hello, u chat on the phone, go out a couple of times, u really like him, then u find out his last girlfriend treated him like shit and he would like to return the favour to u, u beat the hell out of him, then u cry, u cry, u dry ur tears and get on wit ur life until the next loser comes along.....

My advice?.....DON'T BOTHER ASKING HIM OUT!

nice-guy   

indhadeeq sis...

i think its not hard for a lady to get a guys attention in the first meeting, but the hard bit is keeping his attention at the same level.....lol givin away some guy secrets here.

so, if u lets say ask him out,,,the first thing tat will go through his mind is wats she upto or after. cos we get used to be ignored even a lady wants the guy.

so, just get his attention and he will make his move....for sure.

good luck.

Bohemian   

Indhadeeq, let me first complicate this by raising another question. Are somali guys that diffucult to "seduce" them or ask them out? cause that is how I percieve your question...maybe I didn't grasp the main idea properly. Now to the actual question... dear, throw away the rule books....forget about the pick up lines....just follow your heart and act up on your healthy instincts. Let's us say that you ignore him, like Iisho for instance adviced you to......he might then think that you're not interested at all( the guy is maybe be shy) and Indhodeeq...that guy may just spread his wings and land to an another welcoming land.

Use that line that you came up with "aboowe waa kaa helaaa nooh" afterall you do fancy him... don't you? in that way you're being sincere and hey he might give you an honest chance...that is of course if he's available. And when you say those phrases don't forget to flicker your eyes as an almond-eyed angle....don't be so alluring though...lol. Games are so passé dear, just listen to your spririt!!

Good luck with your endeavours

Barwaaqo, woow sis you seem bitter (kidding)...are those three legged species that pain in the neck? lol

Hibo   

Hey Gurl, well am glad to see a fellow nomad seeking the advice from her nomad brothers n' sisters. Warms my heart..lol. Ok, turning our heads to the issue at hand, here's my 2 cents on this. I would say have a friend introduce you guys. Be friends with him when you feel comfortable with him, ask him out. Trust your heart, you'll come up with a line that will be irristable for him to ignore. Hopefully, he'll agree. Good luck abaayo.

To Taqwa: Well brother, where in Islam does it suggest that a women can't propose to a man? I can't think of instances, but am pretty sure there are examples in the Prophet's time (SAW). I'll get back to you on this. Ma'asalaamaaa Nomadzzzzzz.

I onse hit on a guy named libaaxsankataabte. He came to my mother and told her "eedo gabadhaadda naftii ee ii keentay, meelaan ka galaan waayey, magaaladda inaan isaga guuraan rabaa". He posted my picture everywhere, it said wanted for harrasment. I was devistated and went under therapy. I moved out of that city and i'll never hit on a man again.

Hibo   

Hello there Idhadeeq

i used to be a great believer of getting what you want nomater the cost......but you know it doesnt work with somali guys i once have asked a guy out and believe i regret it till this day because he took it all the wrong way and tried to take advantage of me until i later found out he wasn't at all what i tought he was and i was like bro sorry but i'm out of this crap you call relationship anyway if you think you really want this guy and there is no way around it just smile and be cool the next time ya say hi to each other and make sure to keep the conversation flowing for at least couple minute than you will get a feel of if he is really what you think he is

that's my two cents

blue   

Just let him know that you like him and you would like to go out with him. Trust me guys love when a girl asks them a night out! It is that easy.

Taqwa   

Tamina,

First you must understand the difference between dating and proposing. The poster here is talking about female's approaching somali male's. Surely there are muslim women in history who have proposed to muslim men, but that's out of the agenda for the moment.

Cheers,

taqwa smile.gif

Buubto   

Simply don’t ever ask a guy out or say I have crash on you. As far as our culture concern that is just disrespecting yourself & ur family. Simple fact is he will disrespect you later on. Like our ppl say “laxba meesha ey is dhigto ayaa lagu goracaa”. So my sweetie naf isgili ee hanoqon laata bacleesh oo ma iska adkaato ah. No offence of course. cwm37.gif

------------------

"Our Lord! forgive us our sins and anything we may have done that transgressed our duty: establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith." (3:147)

Ashwaq   

Indho Deeq: You said a friend introduce the two of you, a long time ago? Where is that friend?, Find that friend if she/he moved send her a ticket, asked her to introduce you once again, and maybe ask her to bring the two of you together, tell her to invite to a romatic resturant-the bill is one you- where she will fakes sickness, and runs out and she instists that you two to enjoy the night, she says " Enjoy the night" if you don't enjoy the night says she is going to be sicker and depress". There she saves the day, you save face, You re not a cheapo, whoo, you keep your dignity, and maybe you get the guy if you're luck and he is really prince charming. worse he might be closet monster, a Jeffrey Dalmar, who eats people at night, who cooked his mother, and maybe in time you find out and run out of town, lol

Seriously, ask your friend to hook you up, if she says no, kick her skinny little arse out the window, take back your ticket and never call her long distance ever again, but if she calls you, you will talk to her about your heart ache and how much you are drooling over this guy, which then she feels sorry for you and she flights out and saves the day.

Call your friend ask her, I am sure she will say yes smile.gif.

[This message has been edited by Ashwaq (edited 04-09-2002).]

Hibo   

Taqwa, before I assume...brotha/sista

You brought a good point. If the sister's intention is just to "date" in an unislamic way, then your earlier point is valid. But if the sister is interested in a serious relationship, what does it matter if either of them approach each other? I mean, it may or may not lead to marriage. Before you get married, doesn't Islam allow you an exploration period to get to know your future mate?? Given that you follow the guidelines that Islam has set for you? Holla back.

Taqwa   

Dear Tamina,

A woman may search for a husband and propose to him. This should, however,

take place following proper Islamic etiquettes.

Cheers,

tawqa smile.gif

Taqwa   

Dear Poster,

I never assume, since assumptions are deadly. All I said is that a women should regard her modesty and honor the number one priority in searching for a spouse. The Islamic value's should be followed and using these lame so called pick-up line's is absurd. When did muslim brothers or sisters become an animal you call by a name. If you truly are interested in approaching a muslim man, then there are honorable ways to do it. Again I am not assuming anything, just stating my opinion on this matter.

Cheers,

Taqwa