Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Good Read

Jamilah   

Sophist,

Well very interesting story i also know a story that is so similar but differs in small ways anyway most of what you have told i already know expcept the Jins being able to transform into animals.........interesting.

SOPHIST first let me thank you for the great story, correct me if i'm wrong but a couple of weeks back a friend of mine told me a story very much similar to this he even went as far as saying it was even broadcasted through BBC somali service and the lead charachter of your story was at BUSH HOUSE i found it very ammusing but interesting nevertheless, however i personally know a person whom encountered JINNI LADY and it had a very tragic ending far from the one you just told us and it happened in our beloved KISMAAYO CADDEEY, so yes i do believe it's true story and it's not something out of the ordinary.

please let me know if your story and the one my friend told me match. i'm out peace. ;)

Darwish   

Salams

Woow, I never thought this topic would resurface it now! I have translated this story long time ago- For my GCSE English Class in 1997.

Abduraheem! I have had the pleasure of meeting Hassan Olol Jaamac…… Maxamed Faahiye shirwac …… Ahmed Cabdule Samakaab…… Habar buu waaayey, dooraa cuntey, kabtii aa lax kaqaadatey Koombo ayaa qaraxdey!. That is his abtirsiinyo!. He is a great story teller. And you are right the story was broadcasted by the BBC Somali section decades ago.

Loyan: I know the tranlator more than intimately- it is Sophist.

Jaaluut, in Eastern part of Somalia they say "aa latahay" I am sure some of the guys here will explain that (though I have a hunch that you know the meaning of the term).

Jamaal

I thought you were from Kenya man! What are these Badhan, Karin dabeyl weyn, Karin garfood, Karin kabaal jab, Karin kun lagu cunney, Karin karmaaneed! I never knew you have been to these “exotic” places.

Samafal   

Heey Sophist i heard this story before and the guy was on video tape and when i heard it i could not believe it but then you can not deny it, Jinn exist.

jaaluut   

Darwiish kabtu waay ogtahay inay laxdu qortaye, laakiin laxdii baad inoo koombo koombaynaysaa.

laxdu ma mid faras saaran baa mise mid badmaax ah?

loooooooooooooool!!! this is interesting.

anyways keep up the good job Sophist.

cilmu tasawufku waa cilmiga "purification of the soul"

waxaa takhasuskaa aad wax oga qoray sheikh xaamid bin abii ghazali , such as amraadul quluub "sicknesses of the heart"

could you elaborate sophist on this topic. iam sure you are an expert.

Paragon   

Jaaluut! lagu garay sxb. waxaad ahayd ragii gurmadka ahaa ee intooda badan miyiyada loo direy. Sxb sujuunimada waa dan Soomalinimadana waa asal.

-----------

Jamaal

I thought you were from Kenya man! What are these Badhan, Karin dabeyl weyn, Karin garfood, Karin kabaal jab, Karin kun lagu cunney, Karin karmaaneed! I never knew you have been to these “exotic” places.

-----------

Waar hayaay! war sxb adigaaba iga sii darane, karin kun lagu cunney lol. Sidaan umaleynayo waxaad tahay nin belo ah oo xitaa ceelasha kala yaqaano. Talow wax maka taqaan "Cakaaro"? amba owrboogeys, ferdi gab, ceel afweyn, midhisho, dayaxa, carmaale, god caanood, fiqi fuliye, bendar jadiid, masagan, maraje iyo hee halkeen kusoo gabageeyaa -- waa KARIN TUURWA -- meelo badan oo aanan afka dhufanin ayaa jira laakiinse waa inoo marka kale iyo beryo samo. nooli-kulante

jaaluut   

war jamaal, aflagaado iga ma ahayn sujui nimadee raali noqo.

owrboogays mise uurboogays?mayee xudun agagaarkeeda. geel laiga soo iibsadaa lagu dhaqaa fuqiful.

saaxiib adaaa sifiican laguu gartay, laakiin anigu wali banaankaan joogaa!!!

saaxiib shimbiraale sow mahayn meeshii ay kutaalay qalcadii daraawiishta, halkaasoo dagaal weyn ka dhacay?

Sophist   

Jaaluut, walaahi waxaa tahay Askari caadi ah! waxaan meelahaas soo fiiriyey early 90's nooh, walaahi waxaan ku qaatey wakhti fiican. Geedka seyta leh fardaha jooga ee Suunaariga ah ma kortey?

Sophist

Ariadne   

Very interesting story. I enjoyed reading it immensely; however, I couldn't shake off the feeling it was fictional.