Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

AIDS a threat to all Somalis

Kowneyn   

Read the article carefully: they are saying the Africans carry a different strain of HIV found mainly on the African continent, they came here infected or some came here infected and are spreading it within the community. They are also suggesting that the INS screening might not be effective to pick up this strain.

How true all this claims are ALLAAH knows. But fact remains, like my brother above said fear ALLAAH and he will protect u...end of story.

Kowneyn

Hibo   

According to some sources on the internet, it has been alleged that VIRGINS are to be used to CURE AIDS

In South Africa, AIDS has suddenly spread at a rapid rate, particularly since the gaining of Majority participation in the system there. Many Blacks around the world who look at the South Africa situation very closely have asked where was the great AIDS crisis in South Africa before 1994?

The response by others is that something is not being told and that nothing was being done when that problem first hit South Africa.

Yet, it is in South Africa that one blow follows another. THE GREAT LIE, THAT HAVING A VIRGIN WILL CURE AIDS SEEMS TO BE THE BIGGEST OF TRICKS EVER CONCOCTED ON AFRICANS. Not a single culture in Africa, not a single period in African history has that belief ever been around. In fact, to have a virgin without the honour of marriage was taboo and still is in many African societies today.

So I would suggest that any virgin out there …look after theee...))

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Hibo   

Yup Yup - Watched a show about that sickening African Superstitious beliefs. The number of rape in South Africa is way beyond belief - Girls as young as 6months old are sexually assaulted - every 8 out of 10 women are victims of rape. All those healers and witches need to be imprisoned. Indeed illiteracy is the #1 killer in Africa.

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

Hibo   

AIDS/HIV and Coconut Oil

Can coconut oil reduce the viral load of HIV-AIDS patients? Initial trials have confirmed that coconut oil has an anti-viral effect that reduces the viral level in HIV-AIDS patients to undetectable levels, University of the Philippines' Emeritus professor of pharmocology Dr. Conrato S Dayrit said.

A minimum of 50 ml of coconut oil would contain 20 to 25 grams of lauric acid, which indicates that the oil is metabolized in the body to release monolaurin which is an antibiotic and an antiviral agent. Among the saturated fatty acids, lauric acid has the maximum antiviral activity, he said. Based on this research, the first clinical trial using monolaurin as monotherapy on some of the HIV patients was conducted recently. Fifteen patients were given nearly 50 ml of coconut oil for a period of six months.

By the end of the first three months of trials viral levels of seven patients had gone down and by the sixth month viral counts in the others had gone down substantially, he said. These patients originally had viral levels ranging between 1960 to 1,190,000.

------------------

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

Naasir   

I saw this article in the Somaliaonline News last week..

It is unfortunet but I pray the Lord for them and let is be careful out there, cuz u can get even though you ain't doing the wrong thing(meaning you partner husband/wife/bf/gf can go around or even your Dentist),

And that means I better come up a better destination other than MN, which I used to go about 3 times a year.

Let is help each other

Hal soomaali

[This message has been edited by Naasir (edited 04-22-2002).]

AIDS is a horrible disease and my heart goes out to anyone who has it, wheather gaal, muslim, adults and children, men and women. I took a graduate course about the effects of AIDS, and the reason why most people who have AIDS are Africans is because lack of education. We Africans including somalians are very neive to thinking that it only happens to "bad" people, such as intervenus drug users, and people who have work in the sex industry. But now a days, anyone who has had sex weather married or not is at risk. Children, whome their mother carry the disease at risk. And to comment on nomads who think that you can get AIDS through blood transfusion and dental care...the risk their is very minimum becasue since the discovery of the HIV virus 20 years ago, blood is tested for HIV amongest other blood born diseases to minimize the risk of infecting HIV. MY advice to Somalians is that if your married be monogamus with your husbands and wives and if you feel like your desiring someone else get a devorse. For those of you who might be having premerital sex protect yourself every and each time. Those who might be sharing needles for drug use, there are programs out there called syrenge programs, they are vans that provide HIV education and free needles so that people don't share needles. and Brothas take care of your sistas as science and satistics have stated it is easier for men to give the virus to women so have a heart. Peace and progress my people.

Hibo   

AIDS is a serious disease. It infects many people and is blind to race and culture and age. So what made YOU guys THINK that Somalis are IMMUNE to AIDS? This attitude that we carry around that it can never happen to SOMALIS must go walahi, cuz it can, will and did happen to Somalis. And WHY do we blame other people for our PROBLEMS? (aheeeeeem Hibo!) EX-Dane was right, you can get it from anything nowadayz, but see, if Somali parents in North America dont take the precaution to warning their children against the dangers of AIDS and STDs, Then many could have been prevented. But then again, THATS A TABBOO (shhhhhhhhhhhh! I didnt say that). Education is key here people.

and If your going to have sex, PLS USE A CONDOM.

------------------

Don't get mad..Just my opinion!

Hibo   

I think being Somalis We should educate our people about it.

This request goes to the Admin to create a section on this websight where folks can go and educate themselves about this dreadful disease that can finish them off bse of lack of knowledge about it.

------------------

There is no Sin Greater Than Ignorance

R.Kipling

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

Many Somali women were raped and are being raped in Somalia with the civil war and all. Then there is the unsafe conditions in African hospitals. Once AIDS comes in the community it stays. But if we don't act shy, and promote sexual education in somalia and in the Somali community abroad we can tackle the problem before it starts to go out of hand. The last thing somalia wants is to have the kind of AIDS problems as Kenya.

In North eastern parts of Kenya, alot of the Somalis are raped by the police and ofcouse its even worse in the dialect situation in Nairobi, there are alot of Somalis who are so desperate ..away from their homeland and too frail to survive that they have turned into prostitution. That coupled with the lack of knowledge of protection makes them an easy target for the HIV disease.

Waaq   

It is good for people to talk about this issue, but unfortunately there is still a great deal of ignorance. I hate it when muslims claim to have some sort of moral superiority with regard to others. Somalis in particular suffer this problem. The point others have made is correct that HIV/AIDS can spread through a number of methods, but the fact remains that the most likely method is through unprotected sex. This is especially true in the African/Black communities where heterosexual contact is the number one transmission mechanism.

Just avoiding Minnesota is not going to anyone any good, because I guarantee you that is disease is in all Somali communities wherever they are in the world. You all know that social norms of Somali people have changed drastically over the past 20 years, so throw out all of your assumptions.

Another point is that although women disportionately have the disease the main transmitter is always men. In Africa and Asia, HIV/AIDS spread across road and transportation links because men would have sex with prostitutes then give it to their wives when they got back home. This is true here in the US, but through different mechanisms. In Black community one verified method of transmission has been through bisexual men. Now Black women are the number carriers of the disease. again throw out all your assumptions..

For the women in the forum, you especially better protect yourselves. It has been shown that during unprotected sex, women have 3-4 times higher chance of being infected. Next time your boyfriend tells you I love you baby you are the only one, you better think twice.

Condoms are not foolproof, they only reduce the risk of infection. but you still better use them.

I really get angry at the lack of attention paid to this issue when the consequences are front and center. Anyone remember that article about some Imam in Somalia who banned condoms in his community. pure ********* . He better be absolute sure about the commitment of his people.

AIDS is a threat to everyone, but Somalis have a chance to get this shit under control before it becomes like South Africa.

I was just in Bombay. India has much the same attitude as Muslims and Somalis, that are somehow immune from this disease because they are of superior moral character to those in poor Africans. They just finished testing the prostitutes in one Bombay district. three years ago the infection rate was 2%, now it is well over 50%. and condom use is well below 50%. You do the math! A careless attitude is a death sentence, especially if you don't live in the USA or Europe.

Samafal   

The best way we can avoid the virus being epidemic in our community and country is to FEAR ALLAH, and stay well away from the ZINA(Adultery). We have to undestand this is a desease from Allah that He punishes with wrongdoers and the people who look for pleasure other than the way way of Allah . When I see how we somalis become so cool about adultery and come up with phrases such as "please if you going to have sex use condom..blah blah",is when I start fearing for my fellow Somalis. We have to warn the people from the consequences of having sex outside marriage and only then we can prevent from Aids and the Virus. You are not telling me that you expect a married couple to use condoms, are you? I dont think so, so where is this business please use condom instaed of saying plaese dont commit adultery comes from?