Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Education: Is there a relationship between the JABARTIS of eritria and Darod JABARTI?

Ladiif   

Thnx Nafisa, but that website provided by Binjabarti has confussed me somhow. I thought I was a son of DAAROOD, now, am not sure what I am!!!......but that really does not change anything ,,,,,am still the same Ladiif, the son of soil.

Besides, this topic is another song of the same type!!! Reer hebel oriented sort of.

Nice   

My people we are all somalis at the end of the day, so don´t waste your time on qabil, which am sure will not help you pay your rent or educate you. Please save your energy on useful issues i.e Quraan, Hadith, knowledge both here and hereafter.

Wasalam aleikum

A/raxim

jaaluut   

last night i was watching a program on the history channel that seem to relate to this discussion, more scientifically though.

it was about whether the vikings and people of the british isles have genetic relationships ,and they tested the dna of men of norwegian descent and some drunken irish, goat herding scots and cricket playing english men.

the scientists proved this relationship, so is it bad? no.

people hypocrically tend to distant themselves from qabiil, which is a somali fact.

in a historical context, its perfectly okay to research the origins of the somali tribes, but it's another thing to use and prejedice fellow somalis because of their qabiil. any intellegent person would recognize the fact that qabiil is some thing that exists, but in addition, they would do their best not to use it to harm others.

this is the correct philosophy, unless one is hypocrit.

"in a historical context, its perfectly okay to research the origins of the somali tribes, but it's another thing to use and prejedice fellow somalis because of their qabiil. any intellegent person would recognize the fact that qabiil is some thing that exists, but in addition, they would do their best not to use it to harm others.

this is the correct philosophy, unless one is hypocrit."

Indeed Jaaluut lets hope more ppl start to think first before giving the 2 cents on qaabil, that would be a much mre intelligent way of conducting one's self

Loyan   

I have read the work of Dr Mohamed Gandi (profesor at University of France and anthropologist) and Dr Said Samatar (another Professor of history) on the subject of Somali tribes and they both agree that these forefathers never existed in the first place! They are myth, made up names, and should you be interested academically try reading them. I am sure you might be able to find their works at any good university library.

In his latest novel, Secrets, Nuruddin Farah goes even further by disqualifying the 'abtirsiimo" alltogether saying that you are not sure 100% if your father is your real father thus the adage "hooyadaa la isku hubaa" smile.gif

I avoided joining this thread for I didn't wanted to upset nomads who take their tribal identity seriously. I guess you found a loophole :D Just don't try to argue academically about the existance of this mythical people. I just can't watch that :eek:

AUN   

I am sure this is a confusing subject and open to interpretation, myself though come across with many literature on this subject but sometimes they seem to be clearly untrue recently I have seen some new family history which are completely new to me for example the other day I was reading an article on the internet written by a Somali historian and suddenly he turned to the origins of the Somalis and believe most of the family trees he was using were completely new to me For erxample he says that all Somalis have descended a common father called HIIL I dont know whether you feel the same have a look at them and examine them

Hiil wuxu dhalay Sab iyo Samaale

Sab wuxuu dhalay

1. Digil : (Jiiddo, Tunni, Gelledi, Dabarre Garre)

2. Mirifle : Siyeed (Elaay. Leysaan, Eemid, Diisow, Maallan, Wiin) iyo Sagaal (Luwey, Gellidle, Yantaar, Jilible, Hbeer).

Samaale wuxuu dhaley Irir

Irir wuxuu dhalay :

1. Hawiye.

2. Aji.

3. Mayle (Xawaadle).

4. Yaabur (Gaaljecel iyo Dagoodiye).

5. Maqaarre.

6. Gariire.

7. Xamarre.

8. Xariire.

Hawiye wuxuu dhalay : Karanle (Murursade), Gorgaate (hiraab), Gugundhabe (Baadi-cadde). Jambeelle (Ajuraan).

Aji wuxuu dhalay :Dir, Dangolo.

Dir wuxuu dhalay : Madaxweyne (Akishe), Mandaluug (Gadabiirsay), Madoobe (Ciise), Mahe (Isaaq, Biyamaal iyo Surre).

Dangolo wuxuu dhalay gabadha la yiraahdo Doombiro.

Doombiro waxaa guursadey Daarood, waxay u dhashay : Maxamed(Kablalax), Axmed(Sade), Xuseen(Tanade),Yuusuf(Awrtable) iyo Ciise.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Loyan:

In his latest novel, Secrets, Nuruddin Farah goes even further by disqualifying the 'abtirsiimo" alltogether saying that you are not sure 100% if your father is your real father thus the adage "hooyadaa la isku hubaa"
smile.gif

"Nurradin Farax" aint he that award winning fiction writter? I don't suppose Nurradin has any specific knowledge on this subject. This is a very critical and complicated subject, and for a fiction writer to justify the dismissal of a traditional lineage is unsubstantial, a claim concieved by his imagination if i may say so. Moreover, if i may add, telling us to trace our ancestry through our maternal descent is an insult to our intelligence.

But I dont think Nurraddin did say so.

jabarti   

Asalamu Aleikum,

This topic is very interesting one, but I totally disagree with those of you such as (loyan & Jamal11) who argue the writing of Nuradin Farah about Somali origin or (abtirsiinyo), especially his statement when he said in his latest novel, Secrets, (that you are not sure 100% if your father is your real father thus the adage "hooyadaa la isku hubaa")

If he is not sure about his father, there are millions of Somalis who knows their father, grand, and greate grands.

I have few friends from Eritria who belong to Jabarti family, also, after making research about this subject I came to know about another Jabarti family member, this time from Tigrienya or TIGRE tribe.

Arinta Kale oo kuu sii xoojinaysa doodaan waxay tahay in dhamaan jabartiyiinta, Eritria, Somalia iyo Itoobiya ay kawada yimaadeen hal nin JABARTI.

Jabarti Ismaaciil sida taariikhdu xustay wuxuu guursaday DOONBIRO DIREEN. Sidoo kale HARTI wuxuu qabay HABAR MAJEETEEN oo ahay gabar uu dhalay Suldaanka CIISE MADOOBAHA JABUUTI ee wakhtigaasi, hadaad maanta eegtona wax xuduud ay leeyihiin Ciise iyo harti maanta leeyihiin ma jirto taasina waxaa keentay deegaanka dhulka oo lagu kala fogaaday, sidoo kale JABARTI ISMAACIIL caruurtiisa ugu curadsan waxay weli ku noolyihiin dhul ay isku xuduudo yihiin ama isku dhow yihiin TIGREEGA IYO ERITRIA, sida jigjiga Ama gerigu dago, iyo dhulka Ogadenya.

Hadaba ninkii garanaya meesha uu ka yimid isagay u fiican tahay taasina waa waxa Diinta Islaamku kaga duwan tahay Diimaha kale, sababtoo ah Abtirsiinyuhu waa wax muhiim ah.

Therefore, If you know your father or your origin good for you otherwise sakiin liq.

JABARTI