Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Questions? Africans or Arabs

Salam

I am somali , African by location and Arab by blood. In my personal experience I have met more resistance from fellow Africans { West Africa} as far as defining who I was , than any Arab.

Somalia didn't integrate the Arab League of Nations " to just get paid " as some said earlier , for that would make us a nation of beggars which I am not !

I am Arab !

Salam .

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Waran Qoodal:

I am somali , African by location and Arab by blood. Salam .

You as an individual maybe an Arab but Somalis as a people are not Arabs. We, as a people, are indigenous to the Horn of Africa and are closely related by blood and language to other Eastern Cushitic speaking natives of the Horn of Africa like the Oromo, Rendille, Sidamo, Afars etc. Modern genetic analysis confirms this fact.

It's time we embrace our true identity and stop perpetuating the myth of Arab descent.

War niyow waxan ahay ma taqaanid , adiguna waxaad tahay waxba iga ma gelin.

You do not speak for all somalis and your modern genetical studies are inconclusive .

You embrace whomever you want , but I know who I am .

Markaad af somaliga soo barato isku kaya keen insha Allah , halkuu gaalkaasi ku yidhi in Bani Aadaanku daanyeer ka tafiirmay baan ku tusi doona haddu Alle yidha e !

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Waran Qoodal:

War niyow waxan ahay ma taqaanid , adiguna waxaad tahay waxba iga ma gelin.

You do not speak for all somalis and your modern genetical studies are inconclusive .

You embrace whomever you want , but I know who I am .

Markaad af somaliga soo barato isku kaya keen insha Allah , halkuu gaalkaasi ku yidhi in Bani Aadaanku daanyeer ka tafiirmay baan ku tusi doona haddu Alle yidha e !

Waxaa i soo xasuusidey maah-maah rer mudugta oo dhahda: indha adeeg waa raasumaal.

adoo Carab sheegta oo diidaya inaad qirato Somalinimdaada, baa anoo Soomali rasmi ah baa Af-Somali iga la hadlee!

ailamos   

This debate seems to have died but I will add my two cents which basically revolve around the comment posted by Raamsade. We are not ethnically Arab, we are Cushites much like the Oromo, Afar and Saho, if those people are referred to as African then so are we.

To understand what I mean, just take a look at this graphic:

800px-Afroasiatic-en.svg.png

I think we should obliterate this "myth" as Raamsade put it because being Muslim and being Arab are not necessarily synonymous.

Hi every one.Let you know this is the site I was

looking for.I haven't been to many Somali sites in as many years,cos of few individuals wrecking every body's day.Besides us there are a lot of people who are interested and would like to help us with ideas and expertise & all of a sudden some one from the blue starts flying a vulgar language around & every one else looks for cover in what could otherwise be a fruitful discussion.Also Please take note:

1.Please stop such silly & mind boggling stuff,(Rer hamar etc. is not Somali).It is embarassing

to see such clanish behavior.We need each other more so than ever before + Don't you understand

the toll it takes psycologically for someone to

be denied of his birth right.For heaven's sake

our existence is in question!!!

2.I know there could be some kind of identity crisis,actually imposed upon us(East Africans)

in general by the rest of Africans.This constant

questioning of who we are comes from the bombardment of other Africans towards us with such cynical words-like you are mulatoes,half &

half,etc.We know we are none of the above with

the exception of may be less than 5% of the population.So don't get carried away & respond to

every senseless African with such cheap shots,(

you know it's carefully calculated).

3.My last advice is for the management of this

site & other Somali sites;please FILTER.FILTER.

Otherwise people will look for a more dignified

page.I understand life is hectic,but please make

"a must" it turns out a place to relax.I would

like to add there are a few non Somalis who write

a lot of filth on our websites just to embarrass

so be careful.

So Long Washington