Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Questions? Africans or Arabs

Kashafa   

Originally posted by Sniper:

we're neither...i mean we are not Arabs ofcourse, and we're not Africans by blood, nor Arabs by any means...we're probably uniqiue people. But we're in Africa by map.

Thank You

The Expert.

Sniper,

I would have to agree. Somalis don't share the same blood as the Western or Southern Africans(Bantu), but the fact remains Somalia is a country in Africa. So what would you say your definition of an African is?

u ppl still do know what heck u is? plz, just look in the mirror! and say mirror on the wall what the freaking am i?????

if u see a blk person! kasaaaaam! u is an african! lemme know what see ok!! i am all ears!!

:confused: :confused:

OG_Girl   

I don't understand what's being a black to do being an African? There are millions and millions whom are Arab and black..in Yeman, Saudi arabia, kuwait, Iraq... and almost in every Arab country whom live that region over thousands years even before Islam. They know nothing about Africa or Africans! Do you want other light skinned Arabs whom came from Iran or other part of the world to kick them out from Land of their ancestries?!Being an Arab is language, haritage, culture and belonging.So proudly I can say " yes I'm an Arab"

PS:Kuwaiti crown prince is a black guy, darker than any somali I ever met. So in few years he will be head of one of Arab states and he is a black guy and an Arab!

Salam

Rahima   

Being an Arab is language, haritage, culture and belonging.So proudly I can say " yes I'm an Arab"

Perhaps for you sister, but Somalis as a people, how do they fit into the points you listed? Our language is Somali not Arabic, our culture is not Arab-it just has Islamic fundamentals..so how then do Somalis become Arabs. Some can be- those who speak Arabic fluently, but it would be misguided to generalise the Somali people in such a way wouldn't you say?

OG_Girl   

Sister, did I say "Somalis"? I was explaining how there is black Arabs. They are black and Arab. Being black is your skin colour not a race in all cases!. Speaking only Arabic language wont make you an Arab. You can learn the language but should be your mother tangue to be called an Arab. The language you communicate with your parents whom know nothing but their mother tangue which is an Arabic.

Any ways I was talking about my case and other black Arabs from Hath-ramout and other cities in Arab Land whom are native of their land and the same time they are black but not an Africans, I don't mean African are bad or any thing but simply I'm not an African but proud Arab.

I forget this, as every Somali say "ALL we share with Arabs is Islam".... But me I share christian Arabs the mother language,culture and the land.We call our selves first" Al-ummah Arabia and ummah islamia"..we don't seperate none-muslim Arabs cause simply they share the land with us and shared all our graves.You can see the differences now.

Salam

juba   

ya allah! this subject AGAIN! i guess identity crisis is a chronic disease :rolleyes: i don't see the confusion, we are freaking AFRICAN. It is quite apparent that there isn't much pride to this.

TopGirl   

we are african. the colour of our skin and the shape of our nose doesnt qulify us as arabs. allah did make prophet adam from different color sands as mentioned so the fact that we are lighter shade of brown, and have longer, striaghter nose or softer hair than than some africans, doesnt make us anything we not. my personal veiw anyway.

Takabaan   

We need to know that Africans are all people who born and live in Africa either black or white or indians, so let us refresh the question and say are we Black or white or Arab or Oriental; the answer is easy we are none of them we are Somali. If we want to know who we relate to, we do not have any siblings, and that is why we killing our selves and hate each other. Over all we are Somali and we are ruffians, and please before you write about my idea, check first what RUFFIAN means, because is not a Somali word it is an English word!

Peacenow   

Too many people are confused and aimless. Sadly this is all to frequent. They don't know what they are because they have no guidance from above to instil in them direction.

Somalis are Black. We never have been Arab and never (thankfully) will be.