Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Questions? Africans or Arabs

Baashi   

Irrelevent!...after all u were not in refuting mood but...kinda out of topic! What's this got to do with Merchant Scrap lecture topic that Lewis gave...I wonder?

Paragon   

Baashi, if irrelevance is the matter at hand, aren't you the father of irelevance itself? Please read your words and remember it was you who invited IM Lewis into the topic smile.gif

Originally posted by Baashi:

Arab or African?

I just refuse to take instructions, dubed as knowledge, from colonial spies who were made scholars by powers they've been working like Richard Burton and I. M. Lewis.

You uttered the above words, and then the words below. None of these words are mine. So sxb, rest easy.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Irrelevent!...after all u were not in refuting mood but...kinda out of topic! What's this got to do with Merchant Scrap lecture topic that Lewis gave...I wonder?

oops I almost forgot. I didn't mention "Scrap metal" either. I only said, 'the guy is being called many names.

So sxbkeey, don't get taken away.

Baashi   

What? I thought his lecture was about the civil war...and this thread is about whether our ancestors were Arab or Africans!!!!

I got nothing against the prof. but I thought I read somewhere he was hired by the British colonial office in the dark old days when they were our masters! Does mentioning that annoy you or make u laugh...

Man! what the hek are u taking about? You are parsing my words and puting together again in a way that fits in ur preoccupation on a different matter that got nothing to do with what I was refering to.

Paragon   

Baashi lol, sxb.

I haven't tailored your words to fit 'my preocupied' conceptions. But it is the other way round. At first you were the one who called the prefessor !a hired spie!. Secondly, you changed stance and went on to say something about linkage between this topic and !the scrap metal! lecture. And last but not least, you accused me of having a 'pre-ocupation'. Well, who is contradicting himself here? Have I made any links between Richard Burton/I.M.Lewis and this topic, the answer is clearly NO. So my friend, have i touched a nerve? What is that have made you eat your own words?

Hibo   

damn, i ain't black i know that much, i'm dark skinned and don't have knappy hair but being black doesn't mean having a dark skinned if it was about that then i'm black but black are people who were slaves.........the ones who were born here and their whole family been here since slavery time. seriously i ain't black and i will never consider myself one but i know that i'm chocolate and have a black...well brown skin but that doesn't make me black

Baashi   

Oh well...quick to point finger...an expert of twisting words. Recap: I made the case that our oral history should be the most important reference of our ancestory. Then ur sarcastic question comes along in which u inquire whether u should laugh at my comments. Then I tried to clarify things by elaborating my take on the topic. I mentioned Burton and Lewis cuz they are often mentioned in references..that's all no other reason than that...and off u were! Bottom line...let's have little confidence with what we think about our ancestory...that was the message I was trying to convey...and u keep bugging me with stuff i don't understand at all...prof. has been insulted before u said...the only time I know that he was challenged is his latest contraversy lecture so it is prudent to assume that is what u keep reffering to...man I dunno!

"Nimanyahow ileyn af laba daan leh baan muranka deynin" tii baad wadaa.

Bro this is my last post about this...try to understand it as it is.

Paragon   

Baashi, whetever it was that you had in mind, we got it and have understood it. You are a man who can't even back up his words. And such men shouldn't poke their noses into far complex subjects. I appologise to you, for thinking you knew what you were talking about. Lets not preach confidence but be confident. I don't argue - and I don't twist words. Everyone can see that. You just feel cornered sxb.

"waxaa tahay abwaan aan micneyn karin erayadoo heeso" Thats from me.

Baashi   

Who is we?...u got...understood what?

What is it that u are refering to that I couldn't back up? cornered..how? Why do u feel the need to smear or belittle my comments or find it hard to understand the gist of the post?

What i don't understand is a moderator who is 'war-xumo-tashiil'...if u want to be 'quuqle' then got another identity for urself...that way I wouldn't attach any importance to ur sarcasm.

Iska dhaaf caraatanka walaal...Moderator-nimada meel ha uga dhicin.

Ariadne   

Sweetgirl

I'm not trying to change your mind but consider this: Central Africans that are clearly Bantu and have never been transported across the atlantic on slave ships aren't black but are only african?.

African is to Black, like European is to White or like purple is to lavender.

Your right being black does not mean having black or brown skin, because if that was the case then sri lankans and east indians would be black. But being black is linked to being sub-saharan african and sub-saharan africa is all of africa except the north african arab countries. Meaning if you are not a full-blooded arab then you are seen as black by the rest of the world (even when you scream till your blue in the face that your not black).

*this reminds me of a documentary I watched of the blacks of the U.S.A in the 50s. They would argue with you that they are not pure black but qaurter this native tribe or 50% of that native tribe. Being so ashamed of their blackness that they would lie and say they were part native or part anything else so they could not be fully black because in that time nothing was worse than being black. Well I'm from sub-saharan africa. I may have drops of arab blood in my ancestary, but when I stand before you I am 100 % negro smile.gifsmile.gif

Mujahida   

Race is an issue up to date, nationalism is also important to most people in this earth.

For moslems we are only two nations in this planet, a moslem and a non moslem. Nationalism is foolish wether it is africanism or arabism.

For me the most important thing is being a

Moslem and how I could be a good Moslem.

and unfortunately not giving it my full attention as it deserves

ps:Plus the better moslem you become, the more this colour issues and natiionalistic foolishness dies in you.

Ma^Salama

OG Moti   

Somali people stop this, take it for my words..

you guys first have to know what are the different kinds of Arabs..

1. Arabs who are originally Arabs from noah

2. Arabs who are mixed with original arabs called in Arabic .. Arab Ariba.. those are decendant of Ismael the prophet P.B.U.H, and our beloved Prophet Mohamed P.B.U.H is this kind of Arab, they called by that name cause Prophet Ismael married a women who was original Arabian the first kind...

3. Arabs by language, as our Prophet Mohamed P.B.U.H said anyone who speaks arabic is Arabian..

so now lets see what is somalia...

somalis are the Original Arabs the first kind, they immigrated from Yemenand mixed with african a bit.. you might ask what proves that, I tell you, look into deep somalis traditions and actions and I do not mean the Islamic traditions, I mean the tribalism traditions it is all Arabian actions, you need more just ask and I will give you more proves..

conclusion:

Somalis are Arabs and Africans which means mix

so be proud of being arabian cause our beloved Prophet P.B.U.H was Arabian and he said do not say bad words about Arabs, and be proud of being African, and be proud on top of All for being MUSLIMS

peace

RaMpAgE   

Interesting tread...

well one thing i know is that while arabs where romaing the deserts of arabia my ancestorys were proud civilised people.

And always somalis have been unchanged for centuries.We are somalis, our country is great africa..so we are africans...

Look at europe, do europeans all look the same...do spanish italians and greeks looke like english scandavians or germans? well heres the answer too ur Q.