Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Questions? Africans or Arabs

Hibo   

Is soamlia really Arab Country or another African country?

and what makes us diffrent than any other African countries

can some one really help ova' here?

oNe LOVE mean loving your country from heart not just mouth

A SOMALIA The TREUE SOMALIAN

Say No to Qabil becouse-QABIL AND

Bachelor   

Hello there!

good point indeed. Many somali dont consider themselve as "Black" which really bothers me alot. We (somali's) are Muslim but not Araba even though we are in Arab league which is just a punch of jerks. Proud to be Black and Somali but not Arab. No doubt that, We and the Arabs have many thing in commen but that is not a good qualification to be an "arab". According to my Arab freind we are still called or known as"caabiid".

Finally we need once again to be aware of who we are before we find outselve in a state of nowhere and stop deluding ourselve.

Peace to all the Nomads

bachelor.

Hibo   

Somalistar

If you checked any map lately the answer to your question should be easy. But some people have the tendency to confuse us with arabs, cuz of culture, reason being we share religion and long tradition of trade with arabs. Since "most" of our culture is from the quran and islam teachings, we happen to have a lot incommon with arabs, but that don't make us any less or more african. We are Africans and that's just a fact, i am not here to prove anything to anyone but who ever wants concrete evidence need to go and do research on history books and let us know your findings. peace

That was just my opinion!

truly yours

illmatic

Brother Bachelor,

You have Arab friends that perceive you as a “cabd” and you still consider them friends..hhhmmmm. Brother, you should be punching the daylight out of them. lol just kidding about the punching.

I am somewhat troubled by your reference to Somali people as being “blacks”, are you using this terminology in the same sense that it’s being used in the US. You know when you are filling out a college application (for example) and they wanna know your ethnicity, is that what you are referring to?. You mean you check the (black) box?

If that’s what you are referring to, then you are just as bad as those who categorize us as Arabs. If not (well, in either case) please stick with the term African rather than Black. Join the PC revolution lol

That’s my $0.02

No one is free when others are oppressed (Saw it on a bumper sticker)

------------------

wizride.gif

Hibo   

i agree with motor, bachelor how can you call such person a friend, we are not nobody's cabd.you should punch him on the nose. the reason somali is in the arab league is political reason, siad needed money so he joined, but we are not arab.we share them with religion so it is logic we have many things in common. but we are africans and proud to be.by the way arabs have this cuqdad, they want to be white, arabs themselves are not happy with their color, so why on earth do we need to be one of them?. i can not wait the day we will be out of that league.

Baydan   

We are africans we are blacks. The only commonality we share with carabs is religion.

Our aqualine features and relatively softer hair does not in anyway make us look less africanish or more arabic. We still people of dark complexion ..hance Africans and proud we shall be biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Baydan (edited 03-22-2002).]

Hibo   

Those who call somalis Arabs, or even those who believe Somalis to be Africans could be proven wrong. We (Somalis) are not either black or arab or white as some of the acheologists seem believe too.

Somalis, Nubians, Ethiopians(some), Ancient egyptians, Beja of Sudan and other similar looking societies are Monotypic. Mono-Typic people are classified as the ancient Egyptains who built the piramids and all. Egyptians were not "Negroid" feature but they were more like "caucossid" featured and Somalis have the same gene pool as Europeans. I know we are not white but I believe Somalis have nothing to do with the proper negroid population that we have witnessed

My conclussion is, we are monotypic group and not black or Arabs

ARAWEELO   

Hello everyone

I think that Somali's are considered black Africans. Blacks just like whites have a wide range of groups that have distinct characteristics and/or features exclusive for them. Blacks are subdivided into different groups and *Cushitic* is one of those groups (Somalis, Ethiopians etc.) are East Africans different than brothers from West Africa but still Africans with an Esat African features. My conclusion is we are neither arabs nor whites we are black Africans and should be proud of it.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Salaama All,

SomaliStar, A lot of people b4 you have asked the Same question and many will after you, The Truth of the Matter is that no two People will agree on the Same thing[name,orgin]...My Suggestion to you brotha is pick a 'Title' for yourself and stick to that whether it's Africans,Blacks or Arabs.....etc

Ma'salaama

LadyAfricanooz

Hibo   

Guys

There is a theory which was used to divide Africans into three ethnicities, but that itself is in doubt these days. Acording to the archeologists (some of them), the languages of cushitic groups can now be associated with languages like Hebrew of israel and the ancient egyptians or to some extent arabic. The truth is, I for one thinks that we have nothing to do with BANTUS and NILOTES who are being characterized by their negroid. There a transfussion of two bloods, either be it white and black or black or arab that has made Somalis what they are now. And I donnot agree with those who claim Somalis to be purely BLACK of negroid descent.

we are a race of its own - monotypic

Hibo   

Dude(jamal-11) why are you keep claiming to be a white or arab, just take a look at our color is BLAAAAAAAACK with a capital letters.....so just accept who you are, there is nothing called being in the middle you either belong to white, hispanic or blk..and that is what we are "Black" period...

Hibo   

Aplus, sxb cant we have our own race and recognition? I mean, there is Hispanic right? and others too, so i guest it is time we claim the right to be what we are.

PS: I haven't said I'm white nor arab, but i said I am a mono-typic race that doesn't belong to race A or race B

Thank you

Hibo   

brother J-11

We don't want to be shamelessly confuse like Tiger Woods, saying i am half this & half that, As long as u got african blood in u; u are simply African, let it be 1/4 even. There is no such thing as mono-typic, you have to identify yourself oneway or another unless you have issues with one side & you trying to distance yourself from that & in that case I can understand your theory.

peace.

Good Question somalistar i had same question every time when i go to arabian website i see somali 's flag so i thought hey were are arab country but as it return out that somali belong to League of Arab States . Somalia join 14 / 2 / 1974

Foundation:

The establishment of the League of Arab States in March 22nd ,1945 came in response to the common attitude of public opinion in all Arab countries. This explains why the Charter of the League of Arab States, though signed by the seven independent Arab states of that time, has explicitly asserted that the setting up of the League was meant to carry out the following: Serve the common good of all Arab countries, Ensure better conditions for all Arab countries, guarantee the future of all Arab countries and fulfill the hopes and expectations of all Arab countries.

more info go to www.leagueofarabstates.org smile.gif

Arab or african????????????? EEHMM??

Neither i'm in a league of my own!!!!

African (sharing common grounds with west africans ethiapion and like!! no way man!!)

Arabs (sharing common grounds with naaah!! i rather be african then, those women dressed no good for nothing a++=holes whom can not even defend their brothiers in need!!!!???