Sign in to follow this  
Child of Dune

Why People fall in Love

Originally posted by Pucca:

quote:Love exists. Don't you feel love for your Mom and dad?

thats a whole different kinda love...

nope..i dont believe in the 'love' you speak of.
Yes it's different kinda love but love nonetheless. I know the love refered to in this thread is between man and woman. Judging from what those who have 'experienced' love remark, it's an idea very appealing to me. And for good reasons. Love in my view enriches life, nourishes the soul, makes you and those around happy(or sad--sometimes).

Janna   

If love does exist then certain people can comprehend it.

Love is meant to give one endless happiness. But it has failed to do so. More people are complaining love isn't worth it for it has caused them so much pain and hurt. So why do we bother with love? Humans desperately want to be loved and accepted by others. This comes down to conformity.

Though I haven't experienced love nor do I want to. I personally believe love isn't worth it. Love shouldn't cause us pain but it should bring us a never ending happiness.

My final words about love. Love isn't for everyone. Especially not for Somali's. Since they take advantage of such a feeling.

Originally posted by ALexus.:

Love is meant to give one endless happiness. But it has failed to do so. More people are complaining love isn't worth it for it has caused them so much pain and hurt. So why do we bother with love? Humans desperately want to be loved and accepted by others. This comes down to conformity.

Though I haven't experienced love nor do I want to. I personally believe love isn't worth it. Love shouldn't cause us pain but it should bring us a never ending happiness.

My final words about love. Love isn't for everyone. Especially not for Somali's. Since they take advantage of such a feeling.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Before I say anything else, let me just mention that relationships BEFORE marriage are HARAM, HARAM, HARAM!

Islam teaches us to be truthful and realistic. Usually, we LOVE because of Allah and we hate because of Allah. Islam teaches us that a male and female can build up a good relationship founded on marriage . All those stories of media, movies (i.e. Romeo and Juliet) and songs that talk about "love" (a guy seeing a girl, going up to her and asking her name/number...etc, etc) are NOT helpful to make a person comply with the teachings of Islam.

We can't say love is halal or haram because it is just a feeling but it CAN lead to haram. People who fall in love are usually in many aways, away from the cleansed and pure atmosphere.

Shiekh Ahmad Kutty writes concerning this issue

"In Islam, it is not a sin if you feel a special affinity or inclination towards a certain individual since human beings have no control on such natural inclinations. We are, however, definitely responsible and accountable if we get carried away by such feelings and take specific actions or steps that might be deemed as haram (forbidden).

As far as male and female interaction is concerned, Islam dictates strict rules: It forbids all forms of ‘dating’ and isolating oneself with a member of the opposite sex, as well indiscriminate mingling and mixing.

If, however, one does none of the above, and all that he or she wants is to seriously consider marrying someone, such a thing itself is not considered haram. In fact, Islam encourages us to marry persons for whom we have special feelings and affinity. Thus, Islam recommends that potential marriage partners see one another before proposing marriage. Explaining the reason for such a recommendation, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “That would enhance/foster the bonding.â€

This permission notwithstanding, we are advised against getting carried away by merely the outward appearances of a person; these may be quite misleading. Marriage is a life-long partnership and a person’s real worth is determined not by his or her physical looks, but more so by the inner person or character. Hence, after having mentioned that people ordinarily look for beauty, wealth and family in a marriage partner, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) advised us to consider primarily “the religious or character factor†over and above all other considerations."

ALexus, love can hurt and be painful when you are in a haram relationship (i.e. dating, talking to the person you "love" privately...etc). This could also be the reason why Allah (SWT) forbid relationships before marriage, don't you think? And besides, true love comes AFTER marriage! What a person might feel for another would just be considered "attratctions" and NOT love itself!

Salam

Foxy   

let me just mention that relationships BEFORE marriage are HARAM, HARAM, HARAM!

Would You Like a microphone to speak out loud or emphasize more on the title...

the subject at hand was simple about Love and its mere existance Before U take the Seef La Bood Image or instance .........And yes Love will exist before and after U are fast to labelled it Xaraam or not........

Reer mullaha and their fore cousins are increasing by the second....... :D:D

cheers

J.Lee   

You? or the Love?[The redundant one that izzzz]

Both, and neither.

And a belated ramadaan kariim to you too Mr.Brownie points. smile.gif

Love in my view enriches life, nourishes the soul, makes you and those around happy

Maandhow, Love, much like liposuction, sucks and molests indecently innocent hearts .

Bess.   

Always so dramatic...missy....Ramadhan Kareem...sweetie...

Why make it so dramatic...

love just is ....love is about accepting the other person and then loving them regardless of their flaws....and being accepted in return....its about mutual respect, admiration and common ground...and another important part is physical attraction. It’s about being happy...there are sad and disappointing times...but if u r grown u know life is full of them...so move on to the next happy moment.... ;)

Originally posted by ALexus.:

So You saying Somalis shouldn't Love because they are likely to abuse it!!! Is that correct Alexus?

Originally posted by *Proud_Muslimah*:

ALexus, love can hurt and be painful when you are in a
haram relationship (i.e. dating, talking to the person you "love" privately...etc). This could also be the reason why Allah (SWT) forbid relationships before marriage, don't you think? And besides, true love comes AFTER marriage! What a person might feel for another would just be considered "attratctions" and NOT love itself!

Salam

So You saying Allah prohibited relationships because it may hurt (sometimes)?? :confused:

Salaamaat

Janna   

Someone here posted saying: Love doesn't exist before marriage. Which is incorrect.

Love does exist before marriage. People are made to believed that love doesn't exist in order for them to stay away from approaching the person whom they are in love with. This prevents the person from committing a sin.

Love and relationship doesn't have to be interrelated. Besides I didn't speak about relationships and love.

To the person who said love doesn't exist.

Do you know Khajia fell in love with the Prophet Mohamed (Peace be upon him) before they got married? You are obviously not aware of it or you are denying that love may exist before marriage.

Love doesn't have to hurt in order for you to be in a "haram relationship". The lack of trust between a marriage couple could be a factor or infidelity.

Zu,

That is correct.

I am glad to see that everyone has a view which are somewhat different to the opinion of other. I personaly do not be in love however I treat as a mystery which can be explored inorder to be fully understood. :cool:

J.Lee   

Originally posted by besbaaso:

Always so dramatic...missy....Ramadhan Kareem...sweetie...

Why make it so dramatic...

love just is ....love is about accepting the other person and then loving them regardless of their flaws....and being accepted in return....its about mutual respect, admiration and common ground...and another important part is physical attraction. It’s about being happy...there are sad and disappointing times...but if u r grown u know life is full of them...so move on to the next happy moment....
;)

LooooooooooooL. :D @dramatic. (She is an artiste, ma is tidhi.)

Naa maandhay, choke on a cooked garlic. I'm not dramatic but to misqoute Fred Allen, I rather walk down lovers lane holding my own hand than to search for "the next happy moment" Thank you very much! smile.gif

By the way. Ramadaan kariim, and the best of luck to you.

I'm not dramatic but to misqoute Fred Allen, I rather walk down lovers lane holding my own hand than to search for "the next happy moment" Thank you very much!

LOL. Gr8 idea~.Fred Allen the Comedian?. Funny Guy.

But curious this Brownie Boy is, Say What if one is Mono Handed? icon_razz.gif

Katrina   

Wordette, how true!! I'd rather make myself happy than search for the next happy moment.

Anyways, Somali luv (drama) makes daytime soap's seem like the Mormons, no thanks. It's an initiation, I'll pass.

To each their own.