Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

DEBATE ON FEMALE CIRCUMCISION!!!

Hibo   

Salaam All,

Like sister buubto said "circumcision is curl practice in our society" frown.gif and also a sad one. Besides its sunnah you don't have to do it if you don't want to.....As always the majority of Somalians seem to take things to the next level rolleyes.gif and make it seem like its obligatory practice in diini wise. I wouldn't personally do this to my girls. Like I said before its a sad practice and should be stoped immediately and if not do a little sunnah if you wanna follow the practice of the diin.

Salaamz

[This message has been edited by Samira (edited 01-08-2002).]

Hibo   

Though I didn't read the book but I read a very long topic about her on the same subject in READER'S DIGEST magazine 2 years back, and it was full of rubbish. She was quoted in that topic as saying that she used to do construction works in Mogadishu while living with her Aunt!! A girl would do such a tough job in Mogadishu and her relatives will let her do that??!!! in another part of the topic she says when she was fleeing her family in the country side she came across a lion!!! and the way she faced the lion was another story!!.

As FGM I'm anti such inhuman practice at all.

raula   

surely, FGM is a taboo/barbaric subject to talk about..however, since we have the courage now to address the subject, I suggest we(all sistas) should start a campaign to educate our communities bout this cynical act that our culture still approves of..

Thx to all the comments on the this *&%$#'s book, I was gonna read the book, Iam damn sure that I will just let it slide...she sure looks disgusting as Jaber explained it..showing ur cuchi..lol...Oh!!malaya mkubwa...efiww...she has embarrassed our lineage and generation..& w/t strong sistas putting a stop to this kind of "potrayal of somali culture"....we're doomed to shame..

Midwesta

raula   

surely, FGM is a taboo/barbaric subject to talk about..however, since we have the courage now to address the subject, I suggest we(all sistas) should start a campaign to educate our communities bout this cynical act that our culture still approves of..

Thx to all the comments on the this *&%$#'s book, I was gonna read the book, Iam damn sure that I will just let it slide...she sure looks disgusting as Jaber explained it..showing ur cuchi..lol...Oh!!malaya mkubwa...efiww...she has embarrassed our lineage and generation..& w/t strong sistas putting a stop to this kind of "potrayal of somali culture"....we're doomed to shame..

Midwesta

Hibo   

This is a sensitive subject and i am not gonna say much about it.

We all know that the Female circumcision is a barbaric act that not only alters with natural design but also brings pain and displeasure to our females. i hate that practice

[This message has been edited by JamaaL-11 (edited 01-23-2002).]

ONKOD   

Fgm Terrible thing for women to go through.

Before you talk about educating ppl let's ask ourselves what was the main reason behid this practise? some of you might have a sense but do not want to talk about it.

It is about controlling women's sexuality and messing up with their feelings. Women it is time for you to get up and do something about it.

It is absolutely nonesense. No need for that.

Someone said sunnah neither illegal nor harmfull. It is not neccessary to do anything to the woman at all. God created human's the best way possible.

It is harmful medically, physically, phsycologically and emotionally to a young child to go through that. It is time for this to end completely period.

As for Waris goes I hope she has good intentions and not just having a career change.

Islam does not promote this practise and I am glad that women who really have a good knowledge of diinta are more aware of the myths and facts of Islam.

Macasallama!!! mad.gif

A   

It is gotta be stopped "plain and simple", but you have to remember our young girls back home don't have much choice their parents will make the decision and that is the sad part, so someone must conveince them that they don't have to do that to their kids. I don't know nothing about weris D but if she is starting movement against that, then much power to her! it is about time someone speaks up for those innocent girls!

Hibo   

well, i'm against female circumcision, cause it not healthy, not in our religion, and it destroys the society, it kills the love. so i think it should be stopped, as for waris diriye, i read her book and saw her on television, and i think she is a lier, i do not like her not because she is beautiful or famous, model etc, but i hate the way she pictured our society, she portrayed somali men as animals who have no love, ignorent. if she had good intentions why on earth did she write her book in english, while she knows only few percent of our society know english, and i'm sure most of those who write or read english are already against FGM. and she married to this afro_american man and says she is lucky to be in western world otherwise she would have ended up with ignorant old somali man. like all somali men are ignorant, and old. she does not care about somali women, she is making all these noice for her sake. sorry if i wrote too much.

A   

Ok now i have no respect for that b**** .

[This message has been edited by A+ (edited 02-15-2002).]

mina   

amina

am proud to say that am somali female 30yrs and never been tuoched.Am still pure like God made me. Thanks to my MUM for taking this decision, it took alot of courage to do it. She learned from her bad experiances as she was mutilated her self in a very very primatieve way, she sweared to her self that this wil never happen to her female children

Hibo   

u know, it ain't good, but look at somalia now, we are not suffering from aids like all the other countries in africa are and i think it is cuz of fgm, not that aids is only carried by females, but it helps too.

i am against it and waris dirie, seriously, i don't listent to pppl like her cuz they are the kind that would say anything if they get the chance, so illah ha ugargaaro.

am out. peace.

Hibo   

i disagree with you najma sis, we are not suffering aids because we are muslim, not because FGM.people do not sleep around(majority) cause it is against the religion. if someone wants to commit zina whether they are circumcised or not they will commit it. so FGM has no benefit what so ever.

HI ABDINUR AND ALL OTHERS

I DONT HAVE DEEP KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS TOPIC, BUT I WONT MIND SHARING WHAT I HEARD,READ AND CAME ACCROSS THROUGH MY LIFETIME ABOUT IT

FIRST OF ALL..EVERYTHING HAS A REASON AND THOSE WHO CAME WITH THIS IDEA KNEW ITS ADVANTAGE AND DISADVANTAGE..BUT I QUESS THEY CONCLUDED THAT THE ADVANTAGES WERE MORE IMPORTANT

FOR EXAMPLE: WHY DO WOMAN USE BIRTH CONTROLL PILS?..TO MY KNOWLEDGE TO CONTROLL PREGNANCY..EVENTHOUGH IT HAS GREAT SIDEFFECTS

SOME WOMEN END UP NOT GETTING PREGNANT EVEN IF THEY WANT TO

WHY DO WE USE PAIN KILLERS WHEN WE HAVE HEADACHE..I QUESS TO KILL THE HEAD PAIN

SO, B4 GETTING FAR FROM THE SUBJECT: I THINK OUR FOUR-FATHERS CAME UP WITH THE CIRCUMCISION I DEA, INORDER TO CONTROLL

-EARLY CHILDHOOD SEXUALL INTERCOURSE

-WHICH WILL LEAD TO SEXUALL DISEASES

-WHICH WILL LEAD PREGNANCIES

-WHICH WILL LEAD TO FATHERLESS KIDS

-WHICH WILL LEAD TO FAMILY BREAKDOWN

-WHICH WILL LEAD TO SOCIATY BREAKDOWN

AND MANY MORE

I BELEIVE WE HAVE ALL WITNESSED WHAT EFFECTS THE NON MUSLIM COUNTRIES ENCOUNTERED WITHOUT PRACTICING CIRCUMCISION. I AM NOT SAYING THAT CIRCUMCISION IS RIGHT, BUT ITS THE CHOICE OF THE PARENTS

I HOPE THAT WAS CLEAR ENOUGH

WIIL-WAAL

AFQalaad waa idhibaaye, afkayga iigu dulqaata:

Gudniinka Fircooniga ah looma baahna maanta oon ognahay dhibka ka yimi...Jiilkii naga horeeyey ma eedaynayno sababtoo ah..Malahayn ogaanshaha aan maanta ognahay dhibkiisa iwm...

Midda Sunnah ah..Waxaan qabaa inaan loo baahnayn, koley aniga gabadhayda Qofna taaban maayo...

Weriz halayaabinina waa Qof reer baadiye ah yimid magaalo weyn (London), kadib sidey gurijoogto u ahayd (Booyaaso), heshay nolol ka weyn aqligeeda iyo fikirkeeda!...

Weriz waxay timi ayadoo naag weyn ah magaalo...Buuganna waxay ugu talogashay reer Galbeedka...Ayaduna ma qorin ee sheekada waxaa u qoray naag gaalo ah!....

Waxaase isweydiin leh, Gudniinka soomaaliya waxa fuliya waa Haween!. waxa lagu fuliyo waa Haween..

Runtii Qofwalba wuxuu ogaan karaa Gudniinka dhibkiisa markaad aragto Gabar dhalaysa!!!...

Gabdhaha sidooda halagu daayo!!! Sunno looma baahna ee iska daaya Gabdhaha!!

Hibo   

Its understandably one of the most painful operations that a female can go through. I’m not a female but you can’t help but feel pain when talking of the act of FGM. FGM originated in Africa. It was, and remains, a cultural, not a religious practice.

Among individuals and groups opposed to the mutilation, it is seen as a method of reducing the sexual response of women in order to make them less likely to become sexually active before marriage or to seek an extra-marital affair after marriage.

Why it is done?

The justification for the operation appears to be largely grounded in a desire to terminate or reduce feelings of sexual arousal in women so that they will be much less likely to engage in pre-marital intercourse or adultery. Uncircumcised women in countries where FGM is normally performed have difficulty finding a marriage partner. Men typically prefer a circumcised wife because they are considered more likely to be faithful.

As for Weris well she didn’t help much in putting forward her case of being treated like an animal en route to Europe then the US. I don’t know who she is but from what I heard and from the information I gathered watching her documentaries on TV, she specifically without regard and care portrayed the Somali society and ofcourse culture as a very barbaric form of culture. That ofcourse made her look like the saviour of young girls from the monsters (parents and loved ones) from being circumcised hence endearing herself to the western culture. Somehow I’m not too sure as to what she’s done in terms of preventing circumcision for the community other than make it the scorn of the western world.

I don’t think any Somalis treat their children badly but still the self-proclaimed spokeswoman made sure that a whole society was portrayed as Animals (child abusers).

In this day and age, I don’t think any loving Mum/Dad would knowingly pursue such a practice. I think all we need is more internal education for our own than a lot of outside interference. We need to educate our own on what FMG is and ofcourse its psychological effects on the individuals. It needs to be eradicated completely.

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii