Sign in to follow this  
Ismalura

K'naan Bang bang

Rain   

i like the guys lyrics, but this is beyond my taste.

he's one of those artists who's respect is indivisibly tied to his underground, indie roots. i think this video shows he should try and remain true to his nature, and not lose himself to the beast.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Not bad at all ....

JB you probably don't care about the song's content the almost naked women are good enough miyaa? Sorry delete that. Let me not be too quick to judge you here. Why do you think it is not bad at all?

@ Rain the lyrics are ok but the video is too tired (not original) very immoral and and too unlike k'naan.

@ Cabdulahi I was a K'naan fan long before the popularity and the world cup and I never saw it coming especially after watching his interviews and finding him beautifully unique.

Igaarka beeso, beeso usoo caraftay. Beeso wax badan ayee dad iloowsiisaa. I guess he went back to his 'K9' days, dadka og ayaa ogee.

Waxaas kuma fiicno, dad badana taageero u haaye ka yax yaxi doono.

Reer Galbeedka, dumarka ayaa xureynay ayee ku leeyihiin, kuna beenguuraan and how they humiliate them, though subtle, waa beyond logic.

I had seen a few times that then very prime time show, Deal or No Deal. It was so insulting to your intelligence to see the objectification of kuwa boorsooyinka keeno in that show -- surprise, surprise, all semi-nuudo women. Runtii all smiling identical robots u ekaayeen, without any sense of feeling anything. Dad sharaftii laga qaaday in the name of money. redface.gif

I find it distasteful and a sign of desperation.

this the textbook definition of gratuitous nudity.

the content of the song had absolutely nothing to do with naked women .. they were just props thrown in there to entice horny teenagers to buy this music.

even dim wit rappers when they include half naked women in their music videos have at least something in the lyrics referring to said woman.

I find this to be complete garbage.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Igaarka beeso, beeso usoo caraftay. Beeso wax badan ayee dad iloowsiisaa. I guess he went back to his 'K9' days, dadka og ayaa ogee.

Waxaas kuma fiicno, dad badana taageero u haaye ka yax yaxi doono.

Reer Galbeedka, dumarka ayaa xureynay ayee ku leeyihiin, kuna beenguuraan and how they humiliate them, though subtle, waa beyond logic.

I had seen a few times that then very prime time show,
Deal or No Deal
. It was so insulting to your intelligence to see the objectification of kuwa boorsooyinka keeno in that show -- surprise, surprise, all semi-nuudo women. Runtii all smiling identical robots u ekaayeen, without any sense of feeling anything. Dad sharaftii laga qaaday in the name of money.
redface.gif

MMA I hear you bro. Kuwan respecting women wax kama oga...I don't know about showgaad sheegtay lakiin everything oo la gadayo naag qaawan baa lagu gadaa around here. I always knew this but seeing it in K'naan's vidoe disgusted me. For God's sake the man was supposed to represent his 'hood'/us.

I hope he knows what he is doing. Lacag uu ku waayo mooyee in saan in uusan lacag ku helynin bey ila tahay because are billions of videos and songs like this but his music spoke to people's hearts.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

I find it distasteful and a sign of desperation.

this the textbook definition of gratuitous nudity.

the content of the song had absolutely nothing to do with naked women .. they were just props thrown in there to entice horny teenagers to buy this music.

even dim wit rappers when they include half naked women in their music videos have at least something in the lyrics referring to said woman.

You are right this is not only crazy but also out of context....

Nonsense, utter nonsense.

I find this to be complete garbage.

FatB   

lols why is admin testing on this tread

i too was a fan of k'naan long before the media hype some of his current work not only does not have same vibe as dusty foot philiosopher

Voltaire   

Ismalura;395048 wrote:
@ Rain the lyrics are ok but the video is too tired (not original) very immoral and and too unlike k'naan.

What is 'immoral' about the video?

Ismalura   

Voltaire;680209 wrote:
What is 'immoral' about the video?

What is not immoral about this video? Horta is weydii what is defined as immoral and you will find the answer right there.