baala xoofto

Clan Conference for East Sanaag folks opens in Erigavo

Arafaat   
8 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

It's beyond me why anyone would join Sland?

The only thing reer Sanaag can learn fron Sland or Pland is setting up a your own shop is the way to go.

Sports is best played together, and the Sanaag community just like other Somaliland prefer to play ⚽️ , whereas Bosasso they play rugby 🏉which is just a different kind of ball game, a bit rougher and sheer power must be used to drive the ball through an opponent's side, while in soccer, excessive use of power is not allowed.

Having said that, eventually some sorts of wider tournament has to be established with common rules of the game according to best practices of the international league, as the Somaliland league doesn’t  play according to the international rules of the game and thus is not part of the international league and Somalia’s league doesn’t  play well enough to compete internationally.  😀

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2

@Che -Guevara

Khaatumo is a living example of that path. :D 

@Samafal

With regards to your comments about Somaliland, all I would say is, don't be fooled by SL's cut-throat competitive politics. And for the record, no one transfers power to another in Somaliland. The Presidency is elected through a popular vote. Whoever wins the vote becomes the President. I know it is a foreign thing for you to comprehend it. 

With regards to President Muse Biihi getting some mixed reception, that is what healthy democracy looks like.

As with Puntland, it is not just my conclusions, I think the gallery here also agrees with me - the Puntland's better days are long long gone. This will become more apparent in the years to come. So sit tight and strap your belts.  

You mentioned about PL Budget getting tripled over the years. Give me a break. The actual figures say otherwise. Here is the consolidated Report by Somalia's Finance Ministry for 1st Quarter revenue 2022. You can also find similar reports for previous quarters of 2021/2020. 

Puntland generates less than 6m USD/month from local tax revenue. Embarrassing .  That is equivalent to the tax generated from Awdal region in Somaliland. 😂 

The 800 soldiers who General Nuux Taani Fired back in 2020 are today back in Erigavo, this time they are desperate, they have not been paid by PL for months. They thought the grass was greener across the border, boy o boy. :D  Trust me, they know this time it is not a free lunch, they will have take the orders from Hargeisa and implement it on the ground.

Despite not being fully under SL authority, yet, Somaliland government builds schools, pays teachers and nurses for MCHs across the Eastern Sanaag region. Also SL gov't implemented many probject including the Solar Power project for Badhan, a number of deep wells with Generators. etc. 

If E.Sanaag are fully incorporated into Somaliland, then a lot more will be done. 

President Muse Biihi jokes about the Beesha Dhexe's cut-throat politics and however crazy it sounds there is method to it and there is order.

Grand Suldan of East Sanaag.

1 hour ago, baala xoofto said:

@Che -Guevara

@Samafal

A start.  The tribal federalism in the South is almost cemented. It will move north. It is only natural and inevitable for H@rti to ask for their own state and they will.

23 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

A start.  The tribal federalism in the South is almost cemented. It will move north. It is only natural and inevitable for H@rti to ask for their own state and they will.

You surely think what happens in Somalia has any relevance inside Somaliland? tough luck. 

The Warsos & Dhulous   inside Somaliland's borders have to look towards Hargeisa. Looking to Mogadishu or Garowe is Dead on Arrival. 

4 minutes ago, baala xoofto said:

The Warsos & Dhulous   inside Somaliland's borders have to look towards Hargeisa. Looking to Mogadishu or Garowe is Dead on Arrival. 

What's there to look in Hargeisa exactly? What can Hargeisa offer? 

3 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

What's there to look in Hargeisa exactly? What can Hargeisa offer? 

What neither Mogadishu nor Garowe can offer. Hargeisa is where they will find solutions to their issues.

7 hours ago, baala xoofto said:

What neither Mogadishu nor Garowe can offer. Hargeisa is where they will find solutions to their issues.

What issues? What are solutions to the issues they are supposedly facing?

1 minute ago, Che -Guevara said:

What issues? What are solutions to the issues they are supposedly facing?

Well, issues like provide a single authority rule in these regions. Ability to implement the agreements to the word including enforce it by force. 

If Warsos agree to come fully under Somaliland authority, then the Somaliland government has the ability to make sure that these regions are fully within Somaliland. That means, making sure that PL's authority is fully dislodged from the Warsos' regions. 

That same cannot be said with Garowe. B/c neither Garowe nor Mogadishu has the ability to enforce any agreement. It is just lip service. 

Samafal   
18 hours ago, baala xoofto said:

@Che -Guevara

@Samafal

With regards to your comments about Somaliland, all I would say is, don't be fooled by SL's cut-throat competitive politics. And for the record, no one transfers power to another in Somaliland. The Presidency is elected through a popular vote. Whoever wins the vote becomes the President. I know it is a foreign thing for you to comprehend it. 

With regards to President Muse Biihi getting some mixed reception, that is what healthy democracy looks like.

As with Puntland, it is not just my conclusions, I think the gallery here also agrees with me - the Puntland's better days are long long gone. This will become more apparent in the years to come. So sit tight and strap your belts.  

You mentioned about PL Budget getting tripled over the years. Give me a break. The actual figures say otherwise. Here is the consolidated Report by Somalia's Finance Ministry for 1st Quarter revenue 2022. You can also find similar reports for previous quarters of 2021/2020. 

Puntland generates less than 6m USD/month from local tax revenue. Embarrassing .  That is equivalent to the tax generated from Awdal region in Somaliland. 😂 

The 800 soldiers who General Nuux Taani Fired back in 2020 are today back in Erigavo, this time they are desperate, they have not been paid by PL for months. They thought the grass was greener across the border, boy o boy. :D  Trust me, they know this time it is not a free lunch, they will have take the orders from Hargeisa and implement it on the ground.

Despite not being fully under SL authority, yet, Somaliland government builds schools, pays teachers and nurses for MCHs across the Eastern Sanaag region. Also SL gov't implemented many probject including the Solar Power project for Badhan, a number of deep wells with Generators. etc. 

If E.Sanaag are fully incorporated into Somaliland, then a lot more will be done. 

Kkkk This is laughable. You are fabricating news to make yourself sleep well at night. Puntland's budget without any direct foreign aid is just half billion: 

WWW.JOWHAR.COM

Golaha Wakiillada Puntland oo uu shir-guddoomiyey Guddoomiyaha Golaha Wakiillada Puntland Cabdirashid Yuusuf Jibril ayaa waxa...

If Puntland includes the indirect foreign aid the budget would easily surpass £ 1 billion. Somaliland budget including direct foreign aid given to them for organising sham one man one vote is about as same as of that of Puntland at around $405 million. That tells you their project is in decline. The Ictiraf is ever elusive. There are rebel groups popping up every few years. The Habro are fighting over the the power and kicking each other in the parliament over the loot to the point where their biggest town Hargeisa does not even have running water and proper rubbish collection. If you can not help your people how can you help reer Sanaag!!!! Cajiib.

Warsos have it good in Puntland where there have been a big projects including longest high way in Somalia under way in Ceeldahir - Ceerigaabo. Many water wells have been built with the Puntland tax payers' money.  Maakhir University. Many government institutions have been established including Puntland parliament, many police stations and local authority buildings.

Here is this Somaliland puppet Xildhibaan touring Puntland Projects and complimenting Puntland for the good work.

9 hours ago, Samafal said:

If Puntland includes the indirect foreign aid the budget would easily surpass £ 1 billion. Somaliland budget including direct foreign aid given to them for organising sham one man one vote is about as same as of that of Puntland at around $405 million.

I perplexed that you actually take these seriously. The truth is far from it.

Like Somaliland or FGS who publish complete revenue sources and categorise each source of income separately, Puntland doesn't do that - or at least doesn't publish that information. 

They publish an obscure version of it where it is really hard to tell what is what and what not. I wonder why? 😂😂

Anyway, here is what I found on their website for 2022 Budget PSS BUDGET APPROPRIATION ACT 2022

In that document, they claim (take it a huge pint of salt) that the budget for 2022 is $137 million. Which is very far off what you have mentioned in your post. 😂

#Somaliland Budget 2022  (Very explicitly shows where the income/revenue is coming from and how much)

This is the FGS equivalent of the same paper which also shows the types of revenues and from which sources APPROPRIATION ACT FOR 2022 (BUDGET DRAFT)

Again, I wonder why Puntland is unable to publish something that is similar that shows exactly how much they get from different sources? Care to explain?

9 hours ago, Samafal said:

Warsos have it good in Puntland where there have been a big projects including longest high way in Somalia under way in Ceeldahir - Ceerigaabo. Many water wells have been built with the Puntland tax payers' money.  Maakhir University. Many government institutions have been established including Puntland parliament, many police stations and local authority buildings.

We have @maakhiri1who could testify if the Warsos got anything other than the fat-end of the stick as far as their association with Garowe is concerned. 

Deep down the Warsos know and understand that there is no better option for them but to face reality and head West to Hargeisa. Reality and tough environment will override the "Cadiifadda qabyaaladda"  - as the old Somali saying goes "Kol hadii fooli timaado guda-qarsiimo hadhay". 

How Somaliland, both business community as well as government, responded to the current Drought sending over 2000 water tankers to East Sanaag region as well as providing food and machinery. That has shown the folks there that Hargeisa could do more if they actually welcomed Hargeisa's authority to their regions.  

• Like 1

Somaliland Government led by President Muse Biihi and Chairman of Guuri Suleeman Adan (Suleeman Nuur) as well as Chairman of House of Parliament Mudane Abdirizaaq Khaliif. And the Warsangali Clan led by Grand Suldaan Saeed and Suldan  Maxamad Suldaan Xassan, signed a comprehensive agreement.

One of the major points in the agreement is the Warsangali Clan's resolve to bring their terroritory under the Somaliland Administration. From the Somaliland side, the Warsangali clan will be given key roles and development projects will be fast tracked. 

The agreement is effective from today and it is finalisation will be reviewed within the next 6 months.

• Thanks 1

This issue is complex, and personally wished more heavy weight positions, came from Maakhiri side and have a good final discussion before SL delegation.  not rush to any deal, The position put my Maakhiriis is great, and let us see if SL is serious, or just want to play time.

I have said it here, many times, SL value this place far more than PL, but how far they want to go and genuine honest discussion/negotiation,  it is hard to say. We all know what happened to Khaatumo leaders, who were serious in negotiating with SL.

The Maakhir people must come together and honestly re-assess their situation, PL has been disaster for them,  SOMALIA , NOw  shabaab  and rogue leaders in charge, nothing good coming from SOMALIA.

Still if Maakhiris in Sanaag go with SL, there is large chunk of Maakhiris in Bari/PL region.

• Like 1