Sign in to follow this  
JUSTICE

A Somali feminist

JUSTICE   

Do any of you girls, who live in the west feel ashamed or disturbed by the way men are treating women?

Seriously, am on my way to become a feminist.

if your man is not giving you the money that you cash every week from the bank , and he didn't pay for the house that you both live in,didn't pay for your health, etc, etc , etc

Then why do we still have to repect them??

if your man is not giving you the money that you cash every week from the bank , and he didn't pay for the house that you both live in,didn't pay for your health, etc, etc , etc

Is he an ATM?

So, would you still respect if he pays for everything, but you are treated like just another object in da house?

JUSTICE   

Am a new feminsit already.

why all men can't be like my dad. If I find someone like dad, ooooooh

I'll grab him and keep him and kiss the ground that he walks on.

what i really meant is that guys in UK especialy, don't take the marriage responsibilties seriously. They think that the government can pay for everything and still live happily ever after. Well they don't , they don't

I wish if i can see one somali couple who don't depend on benefits. that will prove that am wrong about men.

and if u know someone who does not want to live like that, then please tell him that I salute him.

^^^ Gold digga

Come to the states- you will find alot of faraxs that dont know where to put the money from the factories and halal meats...hehe

:D

JUSTICE   

^^^ there is no solution

Am becoming a fiminist cause men are treating women like another peice of furntiture, used and abused.

I gave up on men in the UK, unless they start acting like real men.

People take up causes ( I consider feminism to be one) to find solutions, but you are doing it to dissociate yourself from very dilemma dat drove to feminism. It is not well thoughtout plan, but hey watever rocks your doon.

Now come on, lets be solution oriented. Shall we?

I take this opportunity to express my utmost regrets to the issues you raised about "Somali" men..I never wish to be a "family counsellor" but there are "topics" I can't avoid..

First of all, being a somali man myself, I humbly would like to apologize on behalf of all somali men, for what happened/happening to you:Justice

We know from statistics, That there is a lot of abuse taking places in many parts of the world and that us, Somalis are no an exception. Nevertheless, let me make it clear that, not all the people in the world are the same..It is hard to compare people, some people may be termed "harsh", some cruel,some may be termed "irresponsible"..

But excuse me, I will explain it even more..

A Muslim man is supposed to take charge of his responsibilities at home fully and make sure that, his wife, their kids, his family, wife's family are well taken care of, whether by him/or through collateral agreement with his wife(If she is capable, that is, but not a must)..atleast to make the family happy.

This is a duty enshrined in our religion, we don't need to discuss this now and then, but to make it happen, yacni like, to make your family happy is such an enormous project that may take time. For a person to make his family happy, Islam, compares him to what the prophet did during his time,

Marvel this,

Prophet Mohamed s.a.w says

"The best of you is the best to his family and I am the best among you to my family"..

& "The most perfect believers are the best in conduct and best of you are those who are best to their wives". (Ibn-Hanbal, No. 7396)

The Qur'an clearly indicates that marriage is sharing between the two halves of the society, and that its objectives, beside perpetuating human life, are emotional well-being and spiritual harmony. Its bases are love and mercy.

Among the most impressive verses in the Qur'an

concerning a family, man/woman relation in a family,

"And among His signs is this: That He created mates for you from yourselves that you may find rest, peace of mind in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Lo, herein indeed are signs for people who reflect."

(Qur'an 30:2 1).

We may reason enough that this quranic interpretations surely focuses on the happiness that needs to be seen in a family:

The Quraan Stresses this nobility and natural conception in a family, factors which create a happy family, and states

"He (God) it is who did create you from a single soul and therefrom did create his mate, that he might dwell with her (in love)...(Qur'an 7:189)

The Creator of heavens and earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves "...

Qur'an 42:1 1

"And Allah has given you mates of your own nature, and has given you from your mates, children and grandchildren, and has made provision of good things for you. Is it then in vanity that they believe and in the grace of God that they disbelieve?"

Qur'an 16:72

It's my wish to all Somalis/Non-Somalis/Muslims

to preach a happy family, supporting each other, to have sabar in this difficult economic life and practice Islam..

Have a happy day, won't you? smile.gifsmile.gif

JUSTICE   

HOw about getting a job, and supporting yourself?

What I meant dear is that men think that they can have a family and still rely on the government handout.