Sign in to follow this  
DaudBinKy

Revert proposal to Somali woman: customs I need to know

Oz   

In my area Garoobs are expensive than the singles. :D:D

about the topic; Daud go ask your wife-to-be these questions, you asking strangers is a form of cheating. :D

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

^Plastic butter knife will do...

Malika, from what I heard, with garoobnimo the value of the meher goes down dee...Of course you wouldn't pay the same amount for a used car as you would a brand new one...
*I feel so bad typing this, oh well*

Daud, first and foremonst, WELCOME! Second, dowry should be based on your ability to pay...If she or her family come up with an outrageous amount, put your wallet in your back pocket, and as they say
"cagta wax kaday"
...Good luck...

:D:D:D

nuune   

Last weekend, I attended a garoob's wedding event, the wedding was held at a big HOTEL, it was 60 thousand EURO wedding(around 78 thousand doollarka mareekanka markaan qiyaasey), her meher alone was 9 thousand Euro around 13 thousand dollar I think, not bad at all.

Ps: The man didn't pay anything(he didn't had a penny though, even the meher was just to boast around to say 10 kun weeye meherkeyga), it was all her money and funds!

Pss: She was garoob, with 2 kids aged 4 & 6, but habeenkaas she looked like xalwad loo soo galiyey dhar.

Psss: Waxey aheyd quruxley is nacdey, iyadaana ninka guursatey ee isagu ma guursanin.

Pssss: Arooska maalinkaa wuxuu bilowdey 4pm, and it ended 4am, the couple arrived late at the venue of the wedding, around 01:00am, there was 3 official fanaaniin and 6 new fanaaniin, all 9 fanaaniin plus the usual self-made fanaaniin

Psssss: It was great wedding to be, though she left her children at another house with a maid to look after, she should have let the children attend her wedding as many garoobs do nowadays.

Pssssss: She was only 28 years old, the countdown was to rush and do it quickly before aysan gaarin teedhi hadii kale wey kala daadan.

Juxa   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

I am saying there's no price tag on men, they're for free! lol

Malika, it is society my dear, not I...We can exchange posts for the next ten pages and reality on the ground isn't gonna change...As soon as a woman reaches her late twenties early thirties, the pressure to marry that is put on her is far greater than that of a man...Mid thirties is a whole new ball game, some even go in to depression, hence my earlier comment
"woxooda isku duub ku qaadanaayo"
...This isn't something aan iska leeyahay, but I've seen happen to many well educated, hard working, open minded sisters who otherwise wouldn't give a rat's a$$ what society dictates to them...Sad reality...

true what you say above abaayo, but it is society, and by society i mean waa odayaasha qamaamsan and few islaamo wareersan.

I firmly believe women do not have depreciation value, in fact the more a woman is accomplished the higher her demands. in reality this is something i also see among my family and friends as well.....those ladies have list of expectation and firm belief that is what they should get,,,,kudo to them

Unfortunately certain ladies panic when they reach 30, in my opinion a lady should get married in late 20s or early 30s then she will be ready for family. otherwise she may feel left out and may resent motherhood later or start partying at 50.

oh well calafkaada uunbaa la cunaa lakin ceeb laguma doono...

Nuune, what made you go to their wedding when you are so unflattering about them? :(

Somalis are prolific marriers(a word?) no matter their age or gender, what a lot of nonsense to say a woman becomes less desirable. When a man wants a woman, nothing stands in his way. It's too easy to speak generically about cut-off points etc.

KK, your whole 'men are free' come back didnt work! LOL! Marka, lets all treat humans as humans. No depreciation at all.

Mideeda kale, if a woman is gorgeous she has no expiration date. Young and old baa u soo safta.

The whole age issue is in the mind. If you are healthy,fit, and stable and you believe in predestination then there shouldnt be any panic.

Somalina   

Mideeda kale, if a woman is gorgeous she has no expiration date. Young and old baa u soo safta.

That's what's up!

It is true folks, Stella always had her groove on. :D

Polanyi   

Brother, i know a somali consultant( has been divocred four times) on these affairs in my local somali tea joint. if you are interested, i can pass you my dahabshill account through the pm.