Sign in to follow this  
DaudBinKy

Revert proposal to Somali woman: customs I need to know

Good grief. Why would you want to propagate Somali tradition? They expect you to be igmorant of it so stay so; it'll save you being ripped off. Pay a meher and contribute to any celebratory-type event. Everything else is socially acceptable Somali on Somale abuse. Don't be had.

KoolKat, agteyda hadaad joogi laheed faraha yar yarka ah ee wax ku type gareeynaysid aan kaa garaaci lahaa! How dare you compare women to cars! Stop perpetuating this myth right now! LOL! *breathes in and out*.

NG,

Samuri Swords are best for this type of death. KK qar yaaysan kaa tuurin. Plastic butter knife or kitchen knife will only attract disgrace.

Juxa   

CH lool, KK yeysan kuu dhuuman, she deeply believes jacayl and hates fajaq-fajaqda badan ee malaha sheeko xariirta meeshan ka socoto ee la yaabtay

Kool_Kat   

People! PEOPLE! PEOPLE! Sheekada gaariga foregsaambol lee iga eheed, ha'i xagxaganina! Mexey tahay dhabaaxo iyo fara garaacid, wah meesha subcis maa ka jiro? :mad: :D

Ducaysane, why of course not all girls are the same, just as all the cars aren't the same...There's Hyundai, then there's Honda, THEN there's Volvo; well you know where I am going with this right? :D

Seriously, if I speak the truth, which some seem to iney ka leex leexdaan, gabar iyo garoob isku mid ma'aha...Even gabdhaha dhexdooda aan isku mid eheen, you have the 20somethings kana siib kana saar (yacni choice badan ee leeyhiin, they hold the cards), then there are 30somethings oo woxooda isku duub ku qaadanaayo, AND THEN there are 40somethings dhahaayo kan waa alle kusii...

Ar aan bas iska dhoho intaan safaleetiga la'iga dafin oo ciida la'igu rafin...Raali ahaada...

Ismalura   

@ KK baxar baad na galineysaa ee nimanka waxaas ha nagu maqashiin :D Any women is deserving of boqol halaad and so much more smile.gif Hadii shiid la yahay kuma jirto.

Malika   

KK, your confusing matters dear. Mehr is mandatory,it doesnt matter if the woman is 15 or 45 - age does not determine how much one should pay. The only thing that matters is they negotiate how much he would pay and when he will pay.

Ageism iyo sexism baad isku dartee abaayee waa kuu sidee - How come men are never judged like 'cars'?

Kool_Kat   

I never said meher is or isn't mandatory, I just said it should be based on his ability to pay...Maqaladbaa taa? Yacni, she shouldn't burden him with wax/lacag aan maskaxda galeyn ama uusan awoodin...

Who said men aren't judged? Not like cars though! In my books, they are judged like animals...There're the lions, and then there're the sloths, and then there're the monkeys, AND THEN there're the dogs! The reason I say animals is, in most cases, animals can be trained nooh... :D As for age, that's a whole new thread... icon_razz.gif

Duceysane, siisow majiro, laakin Hummer aa jiraan...

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Juxa:

CH lool, KK yeysan kuu dhuuman, she deeply believes jacayl and hates fajaq-fajaqda badan ee malaha sheeko xariirta meeshan ka socoto ee la yaabtay

Sidey ii fahantay bal eega! Women these days put monetary value on everything, even kii jeclaa oo ey guursanaayeen gurigii uu geyn lahaa...Maansho wiilashii naga dideen... :D I joke, I joke...On the real, I am a true believer "jaceylkeenaa ka weyn"...Aduunka wax kamacaan maleh jaceylka dhisidiisa hoos laga soo bilaabo... ;)

Malika   

^ :D Your not getting off that easy,baal sug.

So let me get this straight your saying men can be refurbished of their 'standard' so remains in the market with the same price tag, but a woman cant thus being like a second hand car - she is either exchanged for a 'newer model' or 'scrapped' as she has passed her day??

icon_razz.gif - baal ii jilcii,am still confused of this devaluing of a woman cause she is a certain age or of a certain maritual status.

ps.Daud,sorry we have hijacked your thread - am sure your learning alot about our customs/tradition.. :D

Kool_Kat   

I am saying there's no price tag on men, they're for free! lol

Malika, it is society my dear, not I...We can exchange posts for the next ten pages and reality on the ground isn't gonna change...As soon as a woman reaches her late twenties early thirties, the pressure to marry that is put on her is far greater than that of a man...Mid thirties is a whole new ball game, some even go in to depression, hence my earlier comment "woxooda isku duub ku qaadanaayo"...This isn't something aan iska leeyahay, but I've seen happen to many well educated, hard working, open minded sisters who otherwise wouldn't give a rat's a$$ what society dictates to them...Sad reality...

Chimera   

^No, we are priceless!

The most expensive car of all time is a used car:

1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe - $9.7 million

867448_f520.jpg

A woman should not be devalued based on the fact that she had a previous marriage. I ask myself would I be interested in the person i'm with now if she had been a divorcee? A firm yes echos in my mind.

Malika   

^Good for you.. smile.gif

:D @ KK, am going to come back to this tomorrow - its nearly 2 am where I am - must sleep..hehe