Khadafi

Spare us the charade and lets talk about the pink Elephant in the room-Election in Somalia.

Khadafi   

With covid out of the blue my die hard habit of visiting the mosque and then the local somali cafe here in our nordic countrey after work has not gone away.Yesterday while I was sitting and snipping coffe our local news guy and our clique of coffe and politics lovers had a discussion. I usally stay silent. Everyone was from his cosy living conditions in a nordic countey was  talking about "Xassan Sheekh said that" Farmaajo said that.  Who said what and who and the tit for the tat discussions went along.  I left the table and gave an excuse to my so called "intellectual friends" and went home.  No Somali intellectual have the bolds or the chutzpa to say how Somalia is. Nobody wants to talk about the pink big elephant in in the room. Its  a bizarre world amongst us Somalis.

It has been 10-12 years since Amisom came to Somalia. When I last visited Somalia in 2019 and met Khayre and the speaker of the parliament I myself did not have the courage to say how things were. I had breif "isku sawir exchange with him"  What I saw was a government limited to Mogadishu, A government commanded by Amisom. The serpant and the terror group Al-shabaab had full controll of the countrey. Every road leading from Mogadishu to either these bantunistans or should I say maamul-goboleedyo, the road was cut of.  If you wanted to go to Baidoa then you had to take a plane. Imagine, the president of Koonfurgalbeed not being able to drive to Mogadishu.  I sat down  with a friend of my father who was now in his 80-ties and a general and who  was a prosecutor in the military  tribunal and who by chance was my  mentor and neighbor where I live had a dinner

A devout man of god from sunni sufi order raxmaaniya  order but a loyalist to the core  to what ever government that was in power.  He was delighted to see me and and me him. While security cleared me we talked and we exchanged some religous books He  began  as a soldier and then a policeman. I will not say further in order not to give any clues who he might be.  I directed my questions to him over dinner and he had the boldness and truthfullness to say how things were. He literally said we are encircled. They the terror group al-shabaab are now biding their time and have even infiltrated the government.

He even said, "xxx, ababa, dont you even realize that Somali society have been bitten by their venemous bloody ideology that you may see somalis who unwilling and who they themselves do not know about it have al-shabaab values.  Then  it struck me, Everyone in the Somali  cafes would criticise the government but no one even dared to mention al-shabaab. Some even fused our beutiful religion with some al-shabaab tendencies.  Nothing is permanent. D-day came to Afghanistan when the americans departed and everything collapsed. I called my xxx who was a minister at that time and xx said that every somali minister was watching the events unfolding. Rooble called the cabinitte and asked the bizarre question "how is the state of the federal government army". A minister with no portfolio and who is known for cracking jokes answerd "what the xx are you talking about, we cant even go to xxxx within Mogadishu". Everyone laughed, then came the silence and everyone went home, That day everyone sent corrupted money to kenyan banks.

Somalia is dictated by roadmap layed out by western governments and the UN.  Shaykh Sharif, Xassan Sheekh, Farmaajo, It does not matter, the next president has no mandate except either to heal the countrey or be power hungry grabber like farmaajo but he has to follow the road map.  Atleast under Xassan Sheikh the bantunistans that of maamul goboleedyo were created. The whole federal system was created in order ease clan tensions. Have we Somalis seen Somalis in galmudug demand clean water and free education from their clan elected leader? No?. Demonstrations against al-shabaab?  People even talking about them?  The venemous murderous terror bandits that hail from a ofshoot of the wahaaabiya  are now well established.  While americas influence is declining and Ethiopia weakended to even have a say about Somalia, the paradigm shift in the world is being felt in Somalia. Last month ago news came out that Amisom will be dismantled into another form, a limited one where the Somali army would play bigger picture.  Here comes another pink elephant? The same somali army that fractured over clan-lines over Farmaajos attempted failed power grap`?-

In conclusion D-day might come to Somalia. The sad thing is that the wahaabiyada terror group Al-shabaab swore allegiance to an arab who probably has problem pointing out  Somalia on the map. The taliban though never did that. Waale yabaaye, no one is willing to talk about the pink venemous elephant.In order for FGS to succeed they need to adress the terror group. They need mobilise  popular mobilisation units just as the Iraqis did when they eradictated a more blood thirsty monster, Daacish. Who ever gets elected needs to understand he is not a president of a free state.  Logic dictates that with large foregin troops on your land, albeit to help you, you are limited.  Al-shabaab have shown  that they can stay latent, their ideology after the 30 years of mayhem are drawing recruits. They have been able to regroup. They are not stupid or dumb. Their strategy now seems to bid their time.

Indeed its a bizarre world.  As proverb says "Nin aanan yaabin ayaa yabaay"

No doubt, if current status quo continues, and no serious fresh ideas is put of how to chamge route, the evil group will take over, it will be like Afghanistan. 

God help Somalia 

galbeedi   

Khadaafi,

If we are under the trust ship of the UN, why our leaders spell it out for us?

Furthermore, how long do we have to wait until we could defend ourselves. all we need is general mobilization of the locals in coordination with the national army. 

Other than the criminal elements which could be defeated with an organized intelligence, Al-shabaab in almost unspent force. The elimination of the Gaalkacayo cell had shown us that Al-shbaab is about mafia style killings that could be exposed. They don't have huge standing rebel army, but highly mobile group that intimidation for the unarmed civilians. They are not even close 10% of the Taliban. Just unleash Fahad Yasin to the Bakaraha based network and you could eliminate 50% of the financers. WE lost two years of bickering and electioneering.

All you need is few determined security leadrs. 

Khadafi   
On 5/13/2022 at 4:04 AM, galbeedi said:

Khadaafi,

If we are under the trust ship of the UN, why our leaders spell it out for us?

Furthermore, how long do we have to wait until we could defend ourselves. all we need is general mobilization of the locals in coordination with the national army. 

Other than the criminal elements which could be defeated with an organized intelligence, Al-shabaab in almost unspent force. The elimination of the Gaalkacayo cell had shown us that Al-shbaab is about mafia style killings that could be exposed. They don't have huge standing rebel army, but highly mobile group that intimidation for the unarmed civilians. They are not even close 10% of the Taliban. Just unleash Fahad Yasin to the Bakaraha based network and you could eliminate 50% of the financers. WE lost two years of bickering and electioneering.

All you need is few determined security leadrs. 

Galbeedi,  Nobody has the chutzpa to say it openly? It always been like that,the manta we will build a  strong somali army. That army cracked under farmaajo along vicious clan lines.   Secondly Ustaad galbeedI. Al-shabaab has been a fighting force for 15 years, thats a long time. They have evolved, U mentioned bakaaraha, It is they are in controll of it. .