Sign in to follow this  
Janna

-Another Day, Another Diana User-

Nephissa   

Originally posted by besbaaso:

ps...i knew this gurl who would only go out with light skinned guys cause she was very dark herself and didn't want to have dark babies...if she married the guy in the future....just saying ... :rolleyes:

^^LOL

I don't blame her, and at the risk of sounding shallow, mulatto-looking offsprings are CUTE.

wowww this subject ran three pages and it's not finished yet.

What can I add to it? First of all , Lexus has right on a lot of points:

-Yes, most somalis people find that light-skinned girls or boys are beautiful and near perfection. Some people would say "your children are so beautiful" to a mother if her children have light-skin and would say nothing to a mother of dark skin children. This is ****** and sad but some somali people react like that, that's it it's more to do with thier upbringing and usually they are old people.You understad now why some girls are bleaching their skins, don't you?

-In the past, brideprice was higher for light skinned girls, check with ur granny she'll confirm it.

Nevertheless, a minority like me and some people here think this is ridiculous: beauty has nothing to do with skin color.

I undesrtand Lexus, she's just repeating here what she has always heard in her entourage, she never challenged it because she is light skinned therefore she is satisfied with the problem: it's not hers and she's not concerned by it.

Secundo, africans did not start the bleaching industry, at the begining cosmetics companies targeted asian market: Japanese women disliked their yellow skin and wanted to look more white (like geishas).Same thing for dark indian women...

Bear in mind that all this has nothing to do with colonialism, before europeans set foot in Africa, light skinned girls were seen prettier, so this problem can be traced back to thousands years probably.

However, I notice a trend , more and more dark somalian girls are proud of their skin color, they are branded as ugly by people like Lexus, but eventually they are admired for their courage.

Women's world is hard sometimes.

There is a somali saying : doqon iyo habeen ba madow, which someone replied : dhilo iyo dharaar ba cad.

You know what's ridiculous in this problem: Guys don't give a monkey *** whether you are brown, chocolate or light skinned.... If they fancy you, they think you are pretty whatever skin color you got.

Janna   

Originally posted by makalajabti:

they are branded as ugly by people like Lexus

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Did I ever use the word "ugly" to describe dark skinned sisters?

Jamilah   

This is the most entertaining topic I have ever read...I seriously have no idea how I missed it :D .

Originally posted by makalajabti

However, I notice a trend , more and more dark somalian girls are proud of their skin color, they are branded as ugly by people like Lexus, but eventually they are admired for their courage.

Women's world is hard sometimes.

I know your intentions involves vehemently protesting the nature of the Somali culture to prize light skinned girls but your post does far from achieving that you make dark skin seem like a disability, I mean "courage".

Most bleaching creams contains 4% hydroquinone, a harsh bleaching agent that can destroy the outer layer of the skin, and for this reason it was banned in the uk in 2001.Some people say 2% of hydroquinone can be safely used locally for people who want gradual lightening of hyperpigmented skin conditions such as acne spots, freckles,age spots and other unwanted areas of hyperpigmentation.

Adverse reaction to this is normally, erythema (redness), stinging, dryness,fissuring of paranasal and infra orbital areas, hypersensitivity.

As a beauty therapist i have seen firsthand how it messes up women's skin, so my advice is DO NOT use it, if u do u will be sorry.. :(

Janna   

Diana Update:

Recently a Diana user located in Australia married and had a baby. The baby was born black due to both parents carrying the dark gene. The husband was knocked for six. He refuses to believe his beloved is a Diana user. He currently moved out of home believing his wife of two years to be an adulterer. He rules out all possibility of bleaching agents. I am mortified due to his lack of knowledge of these wonder products that many girls have indulged in. Possibly he is remaining ignoring on the matter. Sadly these bleaching agents now have the ability to destroy families not only faces.

Hayat   

Zarqa, my god, when i read this i fell of my chair(laughing offcourse). C-L-A-A-S-S-I-C!!

oh god, my tummy is killing........must.........stop.......laughing!!

Hayat   

pain?, i am laughing at the absurdity of such tale, and its fictious basis it is derived from ;) .

very nice way to settle the score, reading upto this tale of yours i was very surprised at the sheer hostility. its like you struch a nerve as evident from some of these girls reply.

yes lets such say this tale was very effective as it enabled to

to arrive at you critical view. very nice touch. touche'

He currently moved out of home believing his wife of two years to be an adulterer. He rules out all possibility of bleaching agents.

: Here we go..........my tummy.......

Forget about girls walaahi I went to a wedding in central london last week in which i met guys I've known as far as I can remember and I was astonished. As my mother is from Oman and my dads mother is Yemeni it makes it hard for to convince other somalis am SOMALI but belive me the guys I saw was even lighter then people who's both parents are white. I honestly dont know what shocked me the idea of somali guys starting to use bleach creams or whether it makes it worse that its a guy who's using it rather then a girl. Walahi I dont know wat drives them to do this but i can understand the issues underlying the problem because these ''darker'' people feel not socially beatiful but its close to those whose half arab and half somali let alone those with majority arab heritage feel as they want to be somali but are called always war hedhe adigu carab baad tahay.

Janna   

The Somali brothers have joined the fight against darkness? I have heard rumours however didn't believe it. Is everyone realising been dark is a form of shame?

Diana user's claim darkness is dirty that needs to be removed.

dhiirane   

I would say being dark is not shame but is beutifull.

It is the action that counts not the skin and u can do something that good or abd

for me I like the dark skin smile.gif

Janna   

Dark skinned may be classified as beautiful to some and ugly by many.

Dhiirane,

Your preference is dark skinned whereas someone else would choose the opposite. Action does depend more than the colour of their skins. Seeing as we are Somali's, they never fail to mention the colour of the individual’s skin.

The Somali brothers have joined
the fight against darkness?

*rolling on the floor laughing*. Seriously, doesn't that sound like a cheap hollywood movie title.

Why won't this thread die! :mad: