Sign in to follow this  
Lost-One

Two for the price of one

Lost-One   

Will they ever cease to amaze me? I don't think so some how.

-----------------------------------

A Young Man in Hargeisa Marries Two Women in the Same Night

Friday, November 17, 2006

Hargeysa, Somaliland - According to Haatuf Newspaper, a young man has married two women in the same night in Xero-Awr, Hargeysa. Even though polygamy is not uncommon in the Somali culture, marrying two women in the same night is only the second time it has been heard of in Somalia. This wedding surprised many Somalis and would even be a stranger in present day western societies.

The groom, Ismail Osman Abdillahi and the prides Gaasira Muhumed Husein and Shukri Osman Ahmed reportedly had a lavish wedding attended by a large crowd who were surprised by this rare wedding.

laba-hablood-main.jpg

“It is a destiny that I bring my two wives home in the same night”, said the groom Ismail Osman Abdilllahi in response to a question about how he managed to marry two women in the same night.

On the other hand, the two prides reportedly said that they are happy to have a shared wedding with their husband.

This is the second time similar event took place in Somalia and is very unique to the Somali Culture. The other wedding happened in the village of GARABIS south-west of Hargeysa.

laba-kale.jpg

There are many groups in Somalia, particularly women’s groups who oppose to these kinds of weddings.

Source: Haatuf News, Translated by Mohamed Amin of HOL.

Source

---------------------------------------

My response to the article- posted by butterfly:

I know it's halaal for a Muslim man to marry four women. However like we've spoken about over and over this comes with conditions which I believe no man could possibly ever full fill, not in this day and age.

As these conditions include spending an equal amount of time with both wives, adequately providing for these women’s needs and equally loving these women. Our prophet (SAW) split up his week between his wives... do you honestly think there is a man in this world that can compare himself to our prophet?

What’s more insulting is that these two men have married two women simultaneously, so how could anyone then argue that the action of these men are some how halaal? Correct me if I’m wrong here but isn’t it that upon marriage you are expected to spend a full week with your spouse, so now is that possible with two wives? I'm sure having a threesome is completely haraam!

I find it odd that over and over again that it is our most religious of men who are the first to abuse our religion in the name of religion, particularly when it comes to their desires. Let’s face it we come from a culture that excuses the bad behaviour men with the idea that men are men and should therefore be excused for that reason alone.

When will we women who are in all honesty the backbone of our society realise that we are not at the mercy of men but at the mercy of Allah. As mother and sisters we are the ones that instil this attitude into our culture and it is us who can change it.

shyhem   

^^^^

And why did the ladies agree to go down on the same night.

How do they decide who goes first while the other waits?

I never thought of this before; but knowing what i know now, i guess its possible to have a threesome with s-women..........what a shame and who is to blame?

Rudy

Its all good meeeen,me no come here nowadays

shyhem, i see u moved uptown!! congrats homie! alot of folks will say what Rudy is talkin about!! hey i just say it as i see it..! ok

come back to the village once in a blk mood! u know it takes a dozen faraaxs and 2 good xalimoos to raise the village!!

who goes 1st shouldnt be a problem! ..lol u feel me! off course, in this situation, i would flip a coin..hehehehe!! look at the choices....!

ask Bush, he would go...hell if i know, flip a coin... this a hard decision...! lol

Ibtisam   

I Think Somali women in Somalia has lost it completely and totally.

Puja do you have evidence, or is it just based on your immense dislike of the action? Just wondering.

Nehanda   

I don't see the difference between marrying two women at the same and having more than one wife. It just makes the process much simpler you know killing two birds with the same stone.

I don't understand what the fuss is about who gets bedded first why not at the same time. I mean isn't that what excite and entice certain men to marry more than one woman and abuse the the basic law and principle for marrying 4 women.

The dude just married two problems at the same time.

Ibtisam,yes,its un islamic.And speaking of evidence,isn't this a common sense thing sis.I'll try to ask some sheikhs around,For now take my word for it. :(

Ibtisam   

^^Islam is not always based on common sense, and we should not attribute something we personally don't like to Islam. I personally think this is crazy and dislike it but that does not mean religion agrees with me. In any case, if you do come across evidence, (don’t come back and tell me my hooyo/wadaad said so! :D loool) let me know.

Ibtisam   

loool^ why did i almost pis*s you off. I was quiet nice there!

By the way it must be Sound/xasan evidence authorised by recognised scholars :Dicon_razz.gif

No weak/ daciif hadeeth please. :D

Aah am defeated then!If it were not a grand dambi,i would have written my own xadith and then in the end say that it was abu hureyra's. :confused: .I couldn't find anything that says anything about this kinda issue and instead i found lots of unimportant info.Hey,why are u so difficult,take my word for it nooh,its just for now,kinda temporary. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

loool. spelling his name wrong might have given you away dear!

The fact I don't have evidence is why I was asking for Puja, as I have never come across anything that concerns this issue. You should be glade know that i don't believe you. Don't be those people that Allah spoke of in the Quran Who make the haram hala and visa verse and don't make innovations, as all innovations are evil and lead to hell fire. smile.gif

I'm not being difficult... stop trying to make new laws and ...!?

Alright Ibtisam,u win,but this is just for now.Am sure am gonna find an imam who's gonna oppose this and give me a whole lots of evidence and surahs that u can't say no to.Wait and u'll see.Oh and the bit of u being difficult,naah,just wanted u to buy what i had to say.It's just another day of business as usual.Kinda the army way. :(