Sign in to follow this  
J.Lee

Question for poets/readers.

J.Lee   

Disclaimer: It is not a Poem

I just have some simple questions and I would like some feedback. Please.

Poets: What motivates you to write a poem/piece?

Poets: How would you describe your style?

Poets: Do you see imperfection in your poem that others don't/ are you satisfied with what you write?

Poets and readers: Who is your favorite nomad poet? explain why please (1 or many) (I mean when you see a poem by this nomad you just have to read it)

Poets and readers: Which nomad's style of writting (other than yours :D )do you wish to emulate?

BOB   

Originally posted by MsWord:

A-i stated in an entire poem why i write poems,check it out.

A-Rough & Raw and most of all Honest as most of the time i write about my love for my beloved Malaika.

Poets: Do you see imperfection in your poem that others don't/ are you satisfied with what you write?

A-there is always a room for improvement but i am more than satisfied with the way i am painfully honest about my feelings which is what i write about most of the time.

Poets and readers: Who is your favorite nomad poet? explain why please (1 or many) (I mean when you see a poem by this nomad you just have to read it)

A-my favourite poet is none other than Lady Word aka Ms Word because of her style of writing and the way she brings the house down which lets the readers & poets alike know that this Lady got Game.

Poets and readers: Which nomad's style of writting (other than yours
:D
)do you wish to emulate?

A- i don't envy nor try to emulate nobody in anywhere in the world as I am enjoying being BOB 2much,simply because BOB is mentally incapable, overly compassionate, maniac & depressive, accident-prone, overbearingly shy, small minded, special, inferiority complex, not nice, ugly face, rude, chicken-boned, unfit and the weakling. Did I miss anything?
icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

Generally what motivates me to write a poem, is my mood, how I’m feeling, what’s going on in my life or somebody I knows life. Other times I’m inspired to write when I read someone else’s poem and I believe that it was so good it needs a responding poem.

I really wouldn’t know how to describe my style, I think its just plain and simple straight to the point icon_razz.gif

LOL.. I always am able to find mistakes in my poems. :( . I really don’t have much patience, I write when I’m in the mood and just post it right away.. I don’t take the time and check it over and see if I can improve it. I’m really never 100 percent satisfied with my work but hey…. Its all gravy as long as the message was understandable

That’s a tough one.. its so hard to pick who I admire the most because there are so many talented poets, but If I had to chose off the top of my head I think it would be Deadly vision, Jamaal and Ms word, icon_razz.gif ….. I really like there style of writing.. Deadly and jamaal can write about anything and make it seem interesting I love that. Ms word, I like her style, and her pieces are always enjoyable to read..

Poets and readers: Which nomad's style of writting (other than yours )do you wish to emulate?

I would not really like to imitate anybodies style in particular. I think everyone should be unique.. No need to steal anyone else’s style :D

KEEP IT REAL

J.Lee   

Thanks for the feed back, Viewer and BOB.

Like viewer, my mood, current events, and what is happening or what I want to happen in my life.

New age....Spoken Word-ish.....Mellow

I belief in Valery's philosophy...A poem is never finished but abandoned therefore, I'm always satisfied with what I write but I do wish (at times) I could of wrote/worded a bit different etc.

The list is too long. Dawaco and Jamal, they embody [in my opinion] the classical vibe of poetry, simple eloquence. Bob and DV, Their poems are always interesting to read because they engage the reader, they make you drawn to their poems. Nin.Nool, he is brilliant and a very talented wordsmith. Besbaaso,Viewer and Phoenix's styles are simple yet complex (an oxymoron huh) they all convey in a clear manner what they wrote about and I can relate to their poems (very well put together and meaningful).

Poets and readers: Which nomad's style of writting do you wish to emulate?

I wouldn't wish to emulate any body's style. One's style constantly changes on its own as one grows older/matures (in terms of experience and exposure) but other poets (Nikki Giovanni :D )do at times inspire one to write in a certain way which developes (in due time)to one's own unique style.

Mentally incapable kulahaa. Bob and not Icon Bob, you did miss something..........The truth. icon_razz.gif

raula   

Like the desert camel

Seldom thirsty

Trekking the abrasive terrain

A true nomad following

Searching for that green grass

That will bring him back

To the familiar territories

Where the camels

Can graze, drink

And respite

For the journey beyond

Is as jagged as the start

But only appreciate

That his possessor

Will maintain company

For only from him

He gets his daily

Milk

Therefore, to all poets (I am not one-apart from few flares and yearnings that force me into poetry to relieve a insignificant melancholy)…. keep your familiar territories coz all you need is that NOMAD (wateva motivations/urges) that keeps you writing to achieve a personal fulfillment.

I salute all your work :cool:

Ma'salaama & EID Saceed.