Since refusal of it is in your choice,

Chose your reality and your death.

There is no fear to man than death,

Intently facing death is a winning

Over the man whose weapon is fear.

Pain and hunger are agent to death,

Face the parent, the agent shall flee.

J.Lee   

Jamal, Jamal, Jamal 11(is there a jamaal 12 I wonder)

I love the intro stanza. It set up the mood of the poem nicely. expressive and achingly sweet piece topped with Powerful words. ah! a dessert fit for a poet.

Muhammad   

In God's creation of man, I ponder,

Why is reality a one man's domain.

Some wake in reality they create,

Some wake in another man's reality.

Since refusal of is in your choice,

-------------

^^ Truly Inspiring!

Jamaal, can you tell us, what inspired you to write this poem?

true-understanding is in the root of causality.

Paragon   

MsWord, :D Thank you sister. You know I appreciate the comment. I am glad you liked the piece.

Viewer discretion, thank you very much.

Muad, let me try to say little about the bit you quoted of the piece sxb. I haven’t enough time, so bear with me please. I will answer your other questions later on if time permits me.

-------

why is reality a one-man's domain.

If all men were created equal, then, all men must have equal rights to their own realities. Realities are created from what we accept as facts of our lives, thus, everyone’s reality is what he/she perceives. It’s from this premise that we shall base our pursuit of life. Whatever our sense perceptions may be we shall not relegate these perceptions to insignificance, for the simple fact that they cannot obtain the support of the powerful.

some wake in another man's reality.

As men of the less wealthy world, we wake in a dictated reality. Once upon a time we possessed a reality of our own making. We lived according to our methods, laboured according to our needs, ruled in accordance with our social laws. This is where we stood, as men of honor, however, greed for that which we could not have trampled on what made us who we were. All societies, like all men, have deficiencies, and are always in search of a remedy. Our deficiency was the lack of new-ness in our lives, while other men’s deficiency was the lack of inner-peace.

Our pursuit for a remedy imposed a harsh self-sacrifice of our societal body, so harsh that, (like old trees whose branches are cut before rainfall season to bud newly) we cut away some of (our own people to slavery) from the self we were, to gain new-ness. Unfortunately, that (new-ness) which we sought after came in the form of riffles, and other petty commodities. However, it became to late before we could regain our societal self; apart from severing half of what our self consisted, we bought, along with the riffles, a brand new reality: that of the white man.

Hence we colonized ourselves for the benefits of this new reality. There were way too few white men to colonize the whole of Africa, if we opted to stick to their own reality; rather, we did the job for the new reality. The manpower was African and others; only the intent and strategy of colonization was white. From then to this today, we have never awaken in our own reality even a single morning. What prolongs such imposition of another man’s reality, you might ask, its our mistrust of God’s promise to feed and secure us, just as he has fed and secured those who’s reality we dwell in.

chose your reality and your death.

These two lines point to the possibility of refusal, by imagining the worst that can happen to man. Once one contemplates the worst-case scenario in the event of refusal of another man's reality, the future becomes clear and the engulfing fear disappeares. People fear hunger, pain and illnesses for what they may lead to, which is obviously death. To escape the difficulties of facing death, one must think beyond death itself, and prepare him/herself for a departure from life, through the transition of death, to that better place - paradise. So if one is at peace with the coming of death, no one can dictate him/her a reality that isn’t native to him or her.

PS: sorry Muad, forgive me if you find some errors as I have written the reply in a hurry. Insha-Allah I will tell you more about what had inspired me to write this piece. Thanks for your interest.

Paragon   

Why is reality a one man's domain.

Some wake in another man's reality.

There is no fear to man than death,

Intently facing death is a winning

Over the man whose weapon is fear.

Pain and hunger are agent to death,

Face the parent, the agent shall flee.

Truth remains

BOB   

As usual another masterpiece from the one and only Mr Paragon.

Peace, Love & Unity.