Sign in to follow this  
Maxaatiri

How many of you women are this picky..?

Ibtisam   

:eek: :eek: Cadubilah min shidaan raajiim, tuuf tuuf fatixa aan ku aqrin Maxaatiri, jiraad allah ha ka biyo. icon_razz.gif

Men and women can never be JUST friends. Stop telling yourself lies and jokes. Maba dhici karato, regardless of if he is married or your with someone, forget about it if you are both single. You can however be social hello’s, bye, hi, how is the family, see ya type of friends anything more than one 15min call a month and running into them for 2mins once every three months is hazards.

Im sure she knows the difference between a joke and a *****y comment, she strikes me as very stable and funny herself.

I dont care to promote either, whatever makes someone happy, just dont label and judge people based on what you think is right for everyone at any stage in their lives.

This is a very interesting, very touchy issue for women. There is a bit of stigma attached to being single at certain age. However, I can safely say the days where one stood out like a sore thump for being single is gone. Today’s women have far more choices than any other women in the history of mankind. Yet, this whole thing is so confusing because at the core of this issue is this need for companionship and offspring(if one is blessed to have some). It’s in our nature to have desires and to have those desires fulfilled there is only one option available to us Muslims and that option is marriage.

I don’t believe Co-habitation is a good alternative(even for non Muslims)because like you mentioned, the women get the short end of the stick however you slice it.

If a woman is not interested in marriage and kids, FINE! No one should shove that down her throat.

But if a woman desires to get married and have kids, she should be realistic. For one thing, there is an expiration date. It would be nice if we didnt lose our ability to reproduce at a certain age. While I don’t advocate for lowering standards(God knows we have plenty of women who settled for men far less than them and woke up the nightmare that is a failed marriage) and building a home with any man, I think women need to be a bit realistic about certain choices. No one is perfect. There is certainly no Knight coming to your rescue. No one will have or be able to provide all that you want/desire. I feel like this culture has failed today’s women. They’re told they can have it ALL! The hot career, the handsome guy with money, looks, intelligence, nice background, education, personality, ambitious, manly yet sensitive, good listener, loyal, present in child rearing, a man who will hand write a beautifully love letter while ironing your underwear after he comes home from his office icon_razz.gif . Women are looking for the perfect illusion and men are too. Because of this expectation, many waited and waited only to find out there isnt such creature in sight.

But the most important thing of all is CALAF. You will never miss anything that’s meant to be yours and you will never get anything that isn’t no matter how perfect the situation is.

ScarFace   

"Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you and taking charge of your own life"

Always know this what is written will not pass you, now put a cork in your Calaacal! :D:D:D:D

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

:eek: :eek: Cadubilah min shidaan raajiim, tuuf tuuf fatixa aan ku aqrin Maxaatiri, jiraad allah ha ka biyo.
icon_razz.gif

Men and women can never be JUST friends. Stop telling yourself lies and jokes. Maba dhici karato, regardless of if he is married or your with someone, forget about it if you are both single. You can however be social hello’s, bye, hi, how is the family, see ya type of
friends
anything more than one 15min call a month and running into them for 2mins once every three months is hazards.

LOOOOL naa ha na habaarin! Me is only making jokey jokey :D

Thats rubbish, I have male friends Ive known for years who would be sick at the thought of anything more, and theyd have knowingly jeopardised anything considering how they talk about women and behave around women in front of me. Ive introduced them to women they might like, hung out with their girlfriends, watched TV with them, gone out with them and have never felt a thing. Obviously there is a crossing of the line...but for me that is when you send obvious and innapropriate sexual messages (body language, flirty texts, certain touches etc). Everyone knows their boundary and knows they shouldnt cross it if they want to remain friends. I think its sad you think that way, its so limiting only befriending one sex.

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

This is a very interesting, very touchy issue for women. There is a bit of stigma attached to being single at certain age. However, I can safely say the days where one stood out like a sore thump for being single is gone. Today’s women have far more choices than any other women in the history of mankind. Yet, this whole thing is so confusing because at the core of this issue is this need for companionship and offspring(if one is blessed to have some). It’s in our nature to have desires and to have those desires fulfilled there is only one option available to us Muslims and that option is marriage.

I don’t believe Co-habitation is a good alternative(even for non Muslims)because like you mentioned, the women get the short end of the stick however you slice it.

If a woman is not interested in marriage and kids, FINE! No one should shove that down her throat.

But if a woman desires to get married and have kids, she should be realistic. For one thing, there is an expiration date. It would be nice if we didnt lose our ability to reproduce at a certain age. While I don’t advocate for lowering standards(God knows we have plenty of women who settled for men far less than them and woke up the nightmare that is a failed marriage) and building a home with any man, I think women need to be a bit realistic about certain choices. No one is perfect. There is certainly no Knight coming to your rescue. No one will have or be able to provide all that you want/desire. I feel like this culture has failed today’s women. They’re told they can have it ALL! The hot career, the handsome guy with money, looks, intelligence, nice background, education, personality, ambitious, manly yet sensitive, good listener, loyal, present in child rearing, a man who will hand write a beautifully love letter while ironing your underwear after he comes home from his office
icon_razz.gif
. Women are looking for the perfect illusion and men are too. Because of this expectation, many waited and waited only to find out there isnt such creature in sight.

But the most important thing of all is CALAF. You will never miss anything that’s meant to be yours and you will never get anything that isn’t no matter how perfect the situation is.

Thank you for the perfect response to my confusedly written babble...You are right, what lies at the heart of all of this is that regardless of societal pressure for change/no change...what remains is biology, and that is what determines things for some people in the end.

Originally posted by Maxaatiri:

Thats rubbish, I have male friends Ive known for years who would be sick at the thought of anything more, and theyd have knowingly jeopardised anything considering how they talk about women and behave around women in front of me. Ive introduced them to women they might like, hung out with their girlfriends, watched TV with them, gone out with them and have never felt a thing. Obviously there is a crossing of the line...but for me that is when you send obvious and innapropriate sexual messages (body language, flirty texts, certain touches etc). Everyone knows their boundary and knows they shouldnt cross it if they want to remain friends. I think its sad you think that way, its so limiting only befriending one sex.

^ Well whos to say they never felt anything towards you or wanted more from you than jsut freinds. U might be freinds but there will always be the burning question of what if. Saying that i do have female freinds but they normally tend to be exes of some sorts.

Ibtisam   

Maxaatiri, I can bet my bottom penny that every single of those said friends has at one point or another felt something towards you. If you want, baal adigu try this; Tell them if you've started to see them in a different way recently and wondered if it was just you, I will bet you coffee and cake that each one will have a confession about when he had a little crush on you, even if it is before they got to know you well and realised you are better at him in football or is ego took a fall. icon_razz.gif

OR you at one point thought he was cute, fit, intelligent or worthy somesort of investment but at the time he was madly in love with something or someone, who you though he needs to grow up a little or something just was not right.

ScarFace   

^^Ibti bet your whole life savings, this girl/woman seems to be living in LA LA LA land...The mates she's reffering to are the use and abuse mate's dee..go figure..nowadays there seems to be 2 many of them out there..

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOOOL @ ScarFace, loool @ used and abused; you mean kuwa shopping female friends ka uu qaada and carry the pink hand bags for them or drive them home when the tube refuses to work or it rains a little. Those friends icon_razz.gif:D

ScarFace I remember when you was one of those friends to this girl, how far you've gone since eh icon_razz.gif:D

ScarFace   

LOOOOOOOOOOL...haa inadeer the ones were yu hear the swipe swipe sound.. and they're still in the mates zone. ;) laaakiin when you caught me slippin...maxaaad ii dharbaaxi waysay? :mad:

I would have woke-up to reality, aint you supposed to be lookin out for me?

Ibtisam   

^^You know I don't get involved with Timo Jijida iyo girly chats. Also I am sure you would've told me that you got game and soon you will be more than her pink bag holder. icon_razz.gif I'm sure you would've either told me that I am jealousy that you are carrying her bags and not mine, or that she is better looking and I am hating on her. icon_razz.gif So I kept my silence and let the girl get on with her business.

ScarFace   

Well I was looking to be more than her pink bag, but sadly waited too long and got stuck in the comfort zone... icon_razz.gif

Dont worry Ibti way inoo taalaa...now learning from past mistakes I do not spoil halimofied chicka's with attention. ;) ...always ignorin what they have to say, and above all else I make them earn it...looooooool....NOTHING is A FREEBEE...

Alla maxaa been la isku sheegay. War gabdhoow meesha ka kaca ee guursada hadii kale walee Africa ayaa nin u raadsandoontaan.

Waxaan meesha joogin un bay sheegaan...career, intelligence blah blah !

You just need to find a decent man with diin and there are plenty of them out there. The rest is just fantasies icon_razz.gif .

The hot career, the handsome guy with money, looks, intelligence, nice background, education, personality, ambitious, manly yet sensitive, good listener, loyal, present in child rearing, a man who will hand write a beautifully love letter while ironing your underwear after he comes home from his office

^I mean, waxaan oo kale wax jira ma aha, certainly you will not find it this world maybe you can find such partner in Jannah inshallah!

Marriage completes your diin and I promise you, you won't need sex therapist :D