baala xoofto

Somaliland

Samafal   
22 hours ago, baala xoofto said:

Because of the nature of the conflict at the moment which the other side want to turn into clan-war, then the approach need to be different. 

The current approach is to exhaust the clan melitia so much that divisions and internal disputes become visible. As both men and money become exhausted. 

The economy of Laascaanood as a city is on its knees, that means all funding will be externally provided. How long can they sustain that? I think maximum 2 - 3 months. By 4month, you will see a totally different opponent.  

You are relying on unknown factors which could be true for Somaliland as well. The sub-clan wars in Ceel-Afwayne can erupt at anytime now that the soldiers keeping the peace have been moved to Goojacade. The West Burco Clan are restless and their men and women are being targeted in Hargeisa and in other towns. They make up a good number of Somaliland soldiers and there has been reports of cracks appearing in Goojacade and my guess is Caare scenario is very much a possibility. Muse's term has ended and in the next few months he has to hold elections that is not clear how it will be conducted. One thing is guaranteed though there will be demonstrations and chaos on the streets of Somaliland towns and this time around he would not even have police to confront them as they have been deployed in Goojacade. All in all it is doom and gloom in your camp than it is for Reer SSC. 

4 hours ago, Samafal said:

You are relying on unknown factors which could be true for Somaliland as well. The sub-clan wars in Ceel-Afwayne can erupt at anytime now that the soldiers keeping the peace have been moved to Goojacade. The West Burco Clan are restless and their men and women are being targeted in Hargeisa and in other towns. They make up a good number of Somaliland soldiers and there has been reports of cracks appearing in Goojacade and my guess is Caare scenario is very much a possibility. Muse's term has ended and in the next few months he has to hold elections that is not clear how it will be conducted. One thing is guaranteed though there will be demonstrations and chaos on the streets of Somaliland towns and this time around he would not even have police to confront them as they have been deployed in Goojacade. All in all it is doom and gloom in your camp than it is for Reer SSC. 

We are all making our best guesses here, only Allah is the best to know the future, but we humans can use our brains to put together the best case scenarios which are based on historical events and observed patterns.

You have made your opinion, I have made mine. Let mother nature take its course and we will, of course, come back and compare notes at a later date - my guess is - 3 months time.  

In the meantime, lets just analyze the day to day things. 

3 hours ago, Illyria said:

Attention needed here: a new bridge recently built on the road connecting Berbera to Hargeysa.

The contractors are still in the country, they need to go back and fix it. It is obvious that they underestimated the power of those seasonal rivers. 

Illyria   

I did not realise at first, but this is the Dacarbudhuq bridge, which has always been a thorn, yet serves as the nexus connecting the West to Berbera.  Wrong priorities.

8 hours ago, Illyria said:

I did not realise at first, but this is the Dacarbudhuq bridge, which has always been a thorn, yet serves as the nexus connecting the West to Berbera.  Wrong priorities.

Dacarbudhuq has not been damaged, it is the Lafa-ruug Bridge. There are total of 8 Bridges on this road. 

I am sure all the Bridges will be reviewed after this event. 

Tallaabo   
On 3/20/2023 at 10:34 PM, Illyria said:

Attention needed here: a new bridge recently built on the road connecting Berbera to Hargeysa.
Frp6Ay-XwAIDFyU?format=jpg&name=medium

Frp6Ay_WAAAdBWv?format=jpg&name=medium

Could be a sign of corruption. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Once again, Berbera wants to assume its historic commanding position for business and trade on the Red Sea. 

In the next 10 years Berbera will transform itself into a major regional trade hub.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, baala xoofto said:

The contractors are still in the country, they need to go back and fix it. It is obvious that they underestimated the power of those seasonal rivers. 

Yes massively underestimated,  they didn't do any modelling,  the whole bridge needs to be rebuild 

DP World will build the largest edible Oil Terminal in Africa at Berbera Port

DP World has started developing a new edible oil terminal at the Port of Berbera in Somaliland, reducing supply chain costs and creating vital local jobs. It has already agreed to a long-term lease for the facility. The edible oil terminal will be the latest addition to Berbera’s growing trade ecosystem, following the recent opening of the Berbera Economic Zone (BEZ), 15 km from the port along the Berbera to Wajaale road (Berbera Corridor) that connects to Addis Ababa in Ethiopia.

WWW.CBNME.COM

DP World has started developing a new edible oil terminal at the Port of Berbera in Somaliland, which will reduce supply chain costs and create vital local jobs. It has already agreed to a long-term lease for the...

The following edible oil brands all be Made in Somaliland. These brands are probably the most popular in East Africa and specially among Somali people. Screenshot-44.thumb.png.b3cb4a8d3ba9c40114d340bee190c642.png

Tallaabo   

More signs of utter incompetence or widespread corruption or both. Even the young boy understands what the authorities are trying to hide but cannot be hidden. 

• Like 1