Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Princess

is love all you need?

I have noticed many articles about "love" in this forum...so i was wondering, is love all you need??

Would you care about other things like the person's education, physical health (if they're disabled), and most importantly whether the person is religious.

I believe in love, but it's not only about love. IF i was truly in love with a man and i knew he wasn't religious i would not marry him. (when i say religious i dont mean the basic stuff)

Well enough about me, i want to hear your views.

SO, IS LOVE ALL YOU NEED??

No, Love isn't all you need. That's why some people say arranged marriages work. Like you said many people want a educated, religious brother/sister but after that's checked out, love comes to play. Am I making any sense?! Anywayz, Im out!

.:peace n luv:.

OG_Girl   

lol@ diamond princess. in my opinion love comes after marriage or atleast the real love.

before marriage u see the person always his/her best side, only after marriage u can love or hate the person.

sisters or brothers always say religious one is best I would add and "Akhlaq".AKHLAAQ is the key plus religion .any ways that is my 2dinars smile.gif

x_quizit   

I think it would be idiotic to say love is all you need in a partner and at the same time, how can you love someone that lacks all the basic requirements, ie-smart, kind, deen, etc...

Love doesn't guarantee you will get a responsible partner, won't provide shelter, food, won't guarantee that it will last. What you need in addition to love is trust, w/o it its' like building a home with no base, now that structure won't stand.

Love is the icing on the cake, after you find all that you need in a partner.

Peace

I definitely agree x_quizit how is it possible that u can love a complete ***** I mean the person has to have the right characteristics for u to fell in love with in the first place.

I think what sister in Islam meant was that people in SOL are obsessed with love and marriage. Arent those sterotypical topics in a women's forum? There are more important issues to discuss here than love.

OG Moti   

HATE comes first... you sure need hate to appriciate LOVE, somali people use the Word LOVE so often and not many really understand what it means.. they think love is a girl blinking when she sees a handsome man, and a man openning his mouth when he sees a pretty girl... so i just want to say it more complicated than that simple view.. you need to hate or to be hated to appriciate love.. love is when u feel good about someone, when u realize that there is someone who care about u.. men or females... 3 levels of love:

1. Humanly Love - Humanly love... this could happen to brother to brother, brother to sister, sister to sister, men to men, females to females and family love

2. Relationship love --- this has to parts

a. Relationships such as friend, family and community .... this is the most important love of all times.. it lasts so long

b. Female to male, or male to female or vice versa...

this one leads to marrage and children and happiness, but requires loads of sacrifices from both sides..and putting to each others' faults..

3. Imaginary love - this is not true love and it can not be explained

this has many faces

a. you think u love the opposite sex just it istimulates ur inner desires... and u get turned off when u come back to reality..

b. you admire someone and u think u love the person.. start thinking of the person till someone else who is more admirable then u shift your love... and u keep shifting till u realize that was not love....

Conclusion

Love doesnt exist without hate... you experience hate and u observe how hate makes u feel then u realize love is a good feeling and it do exist every where... do i make sense? i dont know it is u to judge and read between the lines maybe then u get my point if not u can always PM me for more inputs... peace

Qac Qaac   

I would just add one thing. I think we all agree to be married to a religious person, or a religious person with akhlaaq or good manners. but i would say, u have to first make sure u r religious if u want a religious person. or else it is really s t u p i d.

lol diamond, so i guess for you its impossible to fall in love with someone who's not religious or educated..interesting.

OG_GIrl, so your saying to marry the person if they are religious and educated ...and that love will come after? what if love never comes? I hear many people say love comes after marriage but i say "hell no", there's noway i could marry someone i didnt love.

x_quizit and mis_Nasima , obviously when you love someone they will have all the characteristics your looking for, other wise there is no love. You love someone for a reason however, sometimes they dont encompass all that your looking for. SO would u still love them?

Shaabella, sis, love doesnt stimulate your brain cells?lol

OG_moti, interesting theory bro...however, i have never experienced hate but yet i know love exists. We dont need hate in order to love, we dont need to know how hate feels inorder to know how love feels. If i would have to expereince hate inorder to know what love is...i dont think i would ever want to know what love is.

Qac Qaac, i agree, you have to be religious if you want a religious person. However, there are always those who act religious when they want to get someone religious. so you cant always believe what you see.

No abaayo I'm not saying he has to be religious or educated for me to fall inlove. I can't control what I feel, and if I fall for someone who doesnt have that characteristics than Im just going to have to teach him. :D

Seriously though, Marriage is serious buisness and when it comes to finding a partner, certain things must come first and Love is a prerequiste. ;)

.:peace n luv:.

OG_Girl   

Originally posted by : Your Sister in Islam

OG_GIrl, so your saying to marry the person if they are religious and educated ...and that love will come after? what if love never comes? I hear many people say love comes after marriage but i say "hell no", there's noway i could marry someone i didnt love.

Sisrer I have respect for ur point of view but u asked that If love never come after? to answer ur question i will quote what Sayedna Omar Bin Khatab said when some one came to him saying he doesn't love his wife , Omar's answer was " do houses build by love? let me explain more he meant not only love can make marriage survive there is some thing we call in Arabic

" Eshrah" means to treat each other with respect and good manners and my opinion respect each other comes before love .

I have question for u how u LOVE some one specially we r moslims and we can't talk with man with out ur father's or brother's supervisor?

u may like him and marry him.

salaam

By examining the responses of most Somali females who voluntarily stated their view points about if love matters only.It seems like it remains to be impossible to please somali women no matter what kind of possitive attributes or qualities men posses, this futher aggravates the varying standards and principles that is used by women in order to determine their personal interest.